Predict the B1G final standings - simulator

It's bad that I want to see Iowa play on Thursday cause I'll already be there.... I know that, but I guess I will be happy if they sneak into that top 4.

Going thru this exercise...it's gonna be really hard for Iowa to get a double bye.

My most optimistic guess has Iowa a 5 seed playing the winner of NW/Rutgers and then Wisconsin. I'd be fine with that.

The way that bracket plays out with chalk is about as good as we can hope for with the exception of iowa being the 4 instead of the 5. I would rather play northwestern or Rutgers over Illinois or Penn State right now. Also avoiding both Michigan teams until the final would be about as good as it gets.

I want nothing to do with Illinois. They are getting better and are very athletic. No one in the conference should look at a BTT game in Chicago against Illinois as a favorable draw IMO.
It's too bad their non-con sucked. If they win four or five more conference games and get on a run in the conference tournament, it would probably make our win against them look better than Pitt, Oregon or U-Conn.

If they would have won more in November and December it would really have given us another quality win.

I was expecting 5-5 with losses to Michigan and Indiana to end the regular season. So, I'll stick with that and say I expect 5-3 the rest of the way. Anything better is gravy with a shot at the 4 seed with some help from Wiscy losing a couple.

I was expecting 5-5 with losses to Michigan and Indiana to end the regular season. So, I'll stick with that and say I expect 5-3 the rest of the way. Anything better is gravy with a shot at the 4 seed with some help from Wiscy losing a couple.
Lose to WI and win the rest and we get the 4 seed I really want.

Lose to WI and win the rest and we get the 4 seed I really want.

Are you talking NCAAs or Big Ten?

Wiscy is 2 games up right now. If Iowa goes 7-1 and Wiscy is the loss, that puts Wiscy 3 games up. That would mean Iowa would need them to lose 4 of their other 7 games in order for the Hawks to get the 4 seed due to Wiscy having the head to head tie breaker. (Assuming the 2 MI teams and Purdue are 1-3)

Wiscy is 2 games up right now. If Iowa goes 7-1 and Wiscy is the loss, that puts Wiscy 3 games up. That would mean Iowa would need them to lose 4 of their other 7 games in order for the Hawks to get the 4 seed due to Wiscy having the head to head tie breaker. (Assuming the 2 MI teams and Purdue are 1-3)

Yeah, I really think we are most likely the 5. Even if we get the 4 (pretty much have to win out), Wisconsin will be the 5. It's just a matter of who gets the double bye.

if we cant get a 4 then getting the 5 and playing the Badgers second would be ideal IMO. I'd much rather face the Badgers than Purdue, Sparty or Michigan.

It's bad that I want to see Iowa play on Thursday cause I'll already be there.... I know that, but I guess I will be happy if they sneak into that top 4.

So I'm guessing you have an all sessions ticket? Or are you going to just scalp as you go?

So I'm guessing you have an all sessions ticket? Or are you going to just scalp as you go?

I'm just planning on scalping as I go. Every year I watch it and most sessions seem empty, so I am assuming getting tickets outside the United Center should be cake. I might look at getting tickets to Iowa's first game the week of when it's closer on a secondary market like Stub Hub so I don't have to sweat it for the first game.

I'm embarrassed to say I found a path to winning the Big 10. I did it without giving any team a road loss to a bad team too!

NCAA is the one I really want. Also, it’s tough to see a path to BTT 4 seed.

NCAA is the one I really want. Also, it’s tough to see a path to BTT 4 seed.

Gotcha, I figured that's what you meant but figured I'd ask. I concur. Getting a 4 seed in the NCAAs would be nice for a better shot at getting Des Moines.

Correction - I see a clear path to the 4 seed. We win out and WI loses at MI tomorrow and to us. We are tied for 4th. Michigan finishes ahead of MSU in the standings. We both went 0-1 against Purdue...probable champs. So I think the next tiebreaker...since we split...is record against MI. We are 1-0 and they are 0-1. And WI still has MSU at home plus a couple tough road games. We almost certainly control our destiny. Win out.

That’s not a prediction...just an observation.

Edit - And winning out almost certainly means a 3 seed in NCAA even with a BTT Friday loss. We win 10 straight going into BTT.

Correction - I see a clear path to the 4 seed. We win out and WI loses at MI tomorrow and to us. We are tied for 4th. Michigan finishes ahead of MSU in the standings. We both went 0-1 against Purdue...probable champs. So I think the next tiebreaker...since we split...is record against MI. We are 1-0 and they are 0-1. And WI still has MSU at home plus a couple tough road games. We almost certainly control our destiny. Win out.

That’s not a prediction...just an observation.

Edit - And winning out almost certainly means a 3 seed in NCAA even with a BTT Friday loss. We win 10 straight going into BTT.
I ran the simulator and even if we win out I have us as the 5. My simulation puts us in a 3 way tie with MSU & WI which we lose.

Latest posts