Possible Candidates

The Bob Stoops thing is completely ridiculous.

That's like nebraska fans thinking Urban Meyer would come coach there. Jeezus.

WRONG. Urban Meyer didn't play ball at Nebraska and to my knowledge Robert Stoops has never been photographed grappling the annoos of a young woman in a bar.

Also, if you're BF, why the hell would you stay until the bowl game? You're a cartoonish laughing stock whether it's justified or not. Why parade yourself out there in front of hundreds of thousands of TV viewers and fans just to get made fun of? He's got plenty of money for the rest of his life.

Retire from coaching and go start a sports academy for O-lineman prospects somewhere down south, turn it into a money-maker (parents are idiots and will pay thousands of dollars to turn their kid into the next Orlando Pace), and then sell the business to some suckers and charge them to license your name for 10 years.
There are a number of ways to have salvaged him as a huge part of the program. Move to offensive line/running game coordinator. Even leave as assistant head coach.

This strikes me as taking his ball and going home knowing he won’t take over after dad. They know full well fans have turned on him and there’s no way to justify his candidacy after the debacle.

As classy as kf is, occasionally he gets snarky and this feels like a scenario for snarky kirk this afternoon.

I was against brian being hired as coordinator and qb coach from day 1. It made absolutely zero sense. But I’m also not for shaming him mid season. It makes no sense. How does it benefit anything? It should have been him resigning after the bowl to announce the NFL position he had accepted.

It is going to be very interesting measuring the snark meter today.

1) Drew Tate -- yes, best choice for now
2) Richard Stanzi --no real coaching history. He was Joe Labas' "guru" so that might make some sense.
3) Charles Long -- years since he coached anywhere and does not get along with KF. See below.
4) Charles and/or James Hartlieb--Chuck would need to take a huge pay cut. No idea of James history.
5) Kyle McCann --is he a coach. Another guy that could immediately help the QBs.
6) Bradford Banks -- see below.
7) Randolph Reiners--is he in coaching either?

Chuck Long and BB probably could step in at QB coach this week. I would be enthused to see either hired to coach the QBs. Both would immediately improve the QBs. Brad would work well with the mobile QBs, teach them how to look for lanes and the best times to bolt through a hole. He couldn't teach the magic by just introducing that skill would again, immediately improve QB play.

Chuck seems too old; had his chances and they didn't work out as HC and OC.
Tell me this is a parody act. If not, seek help immediately

If he is cleared of the Northwestern situation and can prove he did not know.... Pat Fitzgerald might be an option for OC...... another name to watch Paul Chryst
Umm…fitz employed a zone read offense with a running qb. In addition, he played linebacker in college. You don’t change offenses mid-season and our qb is about as immobile as it gets. Seriously, where do some of you come up with this stuff?

It should have been him resigning after the bowl to announce the NFL position he had accepted.
After the tire fire he and Kirk have created in the national press his NFL options are going to be very limited and he will have a concrete ceiling.

There are a number of ways to have salvaged him as a huge part of the program. Move to offensive line/running game coordinator. Even leave as assistant head coach.

This strikes me as taking his ball and going home knowing he won’t take over after dad. They know full well fans have turned on him and there’s no way to justify his candidacy after the debacle.

As classy as kf is, occasionally he gets snarky and this feels like a scenario for snarky kirk this afternoon.

I was against brian being hired as coordinator and qb coach from day 1. It made absolutely zero sense. But I’m also not for shaming him mid season. It makes no sense. How does it benefit anything? It should have been him resigning after the bowl to announce the NFL position he had accepted.

It is going to be very interesting measuring the snark meter today.
I'm pretty much with you on this entire take. However the moving him to Oline coach and demoting him wasn't going to happen. This was Goetzs way of not wanting anymore of the nepotism going on. She just wanted a clean break from all that. Barta left her with quite the mess and this was her way of cleaning it up full stop.

As far as KFs pressor today yeah it'll be fascinating. I think his level of snark will partially depend on how the reporters press him on it all. Unless he's announcing his future plans to retire I can't see him getting too snarky with her though. That'd be a bad move and pretty unlike him. He may find a way to let folks know his displeasure with how this went down but I don't think he'll do it in a snarky way. But I could be wrong we'll see

After the tire fire he and Kirk have created in the national press his NFL options are going to be very limited and he will have a concrete ceiling.
Exactly... The time to have done that was after last yr... Which I bet they kicked the tires on and for whatever reasons decided against it. But no sympathy... Their choices and shitty ass performances lead her to making this unprecedented action.

Funnily enough I've heard from multiple people that James was the Ferentz who would've actually done a successful job at it.

By all accounts he's much smarter and well-spoken, more even tempered, and relates to players better.
Once his dad retires maybe he'll get his shot.

I'm pretty much with you on this entire take. However the moving him to Oline coach and demoting him wasn't going to happen. This was Goetzs way of not wanting anymore of the nepotism going on. She just wanted a clean break from all that. Barta left her with quite the mess and this was her way of cleaning it up full stop.

As far as KFs pressor today yeah it'll be fascinating. I think his level of snark will partially depend on how the reporters press him on it all. Unless he's announcing his future plans to retire I can't see him getting too snarky with her though. That'd be a bad move and pretty unlike him. He may find a way to let folks know his displeasure with how this went down but I don't think he'll do it in a snarky way. But I could be wrong we'll see
I think the new AD is trying to put an end to nepotism so him sticking around wasn't an option in any capacity. I think that's a good thing. I wonder if this will affect his son-in-law down the line.

Certainly could be. Kirk’s ties run very deep here. They’ll be put to the test this time for sure

I'm not the only one saying it....Corey Brada/Don Patterson Podcast was also a top mention.
That Brada guy is a click chaser.... He'll throw out anything. He's more worried about his advertisers then he is about being even in the ball park of being right with any outlandish predictions.

I think most under estimate KF's ties to the NFL and also, Brian's work with Tight Ends and Oline play. I have almost no doubt he's working in the NFL likely NEXT year, unless he wants to take that time off. The national narrative isn't the coaching world narrative and in fact, most of the coaches think that the media and fans are clueless dipshits that wouldn't know good football if it slapped them in their face. I have almost no doubt Brian is coaching again and likely soon. 2 poor seasons of offense in which your team won 70% of your games. There's been coaches that have bounced back from a lot worse narratives. I doubt this is as damaging as most of ya'll think. I could be wrong, I'll circle back when I am

I think most under estimate KF's ties to the NFL and also, Brian's work with Tight Ends and Oline play. I have almost no doubt he's working in the NFL likely NEXT year, unless he wants to take that time off. The national narrative isn't the coaching world narrative and in fact, most of the coaches think that the media and fans are clueless dipshits that wouldn't know good football if it slapped them in their face. I have almost no doubt Brian is coaching again and likely soon. 2 poor seasons of offense in which your team won 70% of your games. There's been coaches that have bounced back from a lot worse narratives. I doubt this is as damaging as most of ya'll think. I could be wrong, I'll circle back when I am
I’ll assure you of this…he’ll absolutely never be hired as an nfl qb coach or offensive coordinator in his lifetime because he didn’t perform. The team record has absolutely nothing to do with his performance. And that’s the entire point of this…minus the nepotism