Possible Candidates

KatoZenti

I watched the debacle on national television. The West isn’t on the same level as The East. Penn State was just on another level that Iowa can only dream of unless changes are made either during the season or after the season.

I propose Iowa getting Jonathan Smith from Oregon State as Head Coach, Warren Ruggiero from Wake Forest as Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach & AJ Blazek (former Hawkeye) from Vanderbilt as Offensive Line Coach.

Any thoughts fellow Hawk fans?

I watched the debacle on national television. The West isn’t on the same level as The East. Penn State was just on another level that Iowa can only dream of unless changes are made either during the season or after the season.

I propose Iowa getting Jonathan Smith from Oregon State as Head Coach, Warren Ruggiero from Wake Forest as Offensive Coordinator/QB Coach & AJ Blazek (former Hawkeye) from Vanderbilt as Offensive Line Coach.

Ryan Grubb, Washington Huskies OC. Played at Buena Vista University, raised in North West Iowa

LeVar Woods. Hopefully keep PP as DC to help the transition to Wallace as next DC, keep Barnes as recruiting coordinator, keep Hodge, Betts, Bell, etc. Good coaches and recruiters. If a different HC would be willing and able to entice them to stay, I'd be OK with someone else.

I'm not sold on bringing in Stoops for the fear that he'd try to bring in Mark and Mike as assistants. I'm done with this nepotism BS.

Ryan Grubb, Washington Huskies OC. Played at Buena Vista University, raised in North West Iowa
Yep, I've thrown Grubb out before on here. We're all interested in LeVar for good reason, but I really hope they search far and wide for the next coach. Saban wanted Grubb as his OC, and he held out to make a run with UW this year and then likely a P5 head job. Maybe the timing will be right for Iowa.

I'd even make a run at the current head coach Kalen DeBoer. He's a South Dakota guy originally. You never know. He is massively underpaid. Maybe you throw a 5 year $60 million offer at him and see if you can catch UW napping. He's 94-11 as a head coach.

If the game was at Kinnick this weekend, it would have been a 1 score game. Football doesn't live in a vacuum, expecially Iowa football.

but I do believe it's a good time to talk about what's next and who our next HC will be because it's close and inevitable.

Agree, need to look west. Multiple candidates in Oregon and washington

LeVar Woods. Hopefully keep PP as DC to help the transition to Wallace as next DC, keep Barnes as recruiting coordinator, keep Hodge, Betts, Bell, etc. Good coaches and recruiters. If a different HC would be willing and able to entice them to stay, I'd be OK with someone else.

I'm not sold on bringing in Stoops for the fear that he'd try to bring in Mark and Mike as assistants. I'm done with this nepotism BS.
No. It can’t be someone already on staff. Long overdue for new blood. Also, we need an offensive coach this time. Preferably someone that actually played qb

No. It can’t be someone already on staff. Long overdue for new blood. Also, we need an offensive coach this time. Preferably someone that actually played qb

Let me throw out a few names to gauge reactions:

1) Drew Tate
2) Richard Stanzi
3) Charles Long
4) Charles and/or James Hartlieb
5) Kyle McCann
6) Bradford Banks
7) Randolph Reiners

I think Long is the way to go. He has high end OC experience with Oklahoma and a head coaching stint out west.

I think Long is the way to go. He has high end OC experience with Oklahoma and a head coaching stint out west.

Not gonna lie. In the covid shortened season of XFL 2.0, I think he did a terrific job as the QB coach to Ta'amu and Heinicke. And I think he called much better suited offenses as the OC than Gradkowski did for the Battlehawks in XFL 3.0

Gradkowski and and Becht tried to run that offense like a NFL offense. You can't do that. Because these guys (at the moment) aren't good enough to play in the NFL. IE....Hakeem Butler dropping too many passes from McCarron.

If Long had been the OC for the Battlehawks 3.0 this past season, I fully believe they would have won the championship.

I can't say if he's right for the Hawks, but he was right for the Battlehawks.

OK, so we bring in a new HC and an entirely new offensive staff. I agree. Are you saying that you don't want our defensive staff back because the "new blood" would bring us a better defense?

Not gonna lie. In the covid shortened season of XFL 2.0, I think he did a terrific job as the QB coach to Ta'amu and Heinicke. And I think he called much better suited offenses as the OC than Gradkowski did for the Battlehawks in XFL 3.0

Gradkowski and and Becht tried to run that offense like a NFL offense. You can't do that. Because these guys (at the moment) aren't good enough to play in the NFL. IE....Hakeem Butler dropping too many passes from McCarron.

If Long had been the OC for the Battlehawks 3.0 this past season, I fully believe they would have won the championship.

I can't say if he's right for the Hawks, but he was right for the Battlehawks.

Wow, this is a stellar post. Thank you, xir.

Latest posts