Possible Candidates

There's something amiss with KF and Longs relationship I think. I can't point to anything specific but I've wondered for yrs now that Chuck has been out of college football why wouldn't KF want him to be a part of it. Even as just a QB coach or passing game coordinator/hold BFs hand guy he'd be a huge addition to the program. But all these yrs he's never been brought in and for whatever reasons I've never heard anyone in the media even ask why. The fan base woulda done back flips to have Chuck replace BF at any point the last 3 yrs. Too bad we'll never see it.
Kirk's singular and only vision has always been for Brain to take over as CEO. Anyone else brought in that would have an effect on that role is a threat.

There's a reason LeVar Woods hasn't been promoted past OC at Iowa.

When that guy is a head coach somewhere I will root for that team equal to Iowa. LW is a Hayden Fry way coach through and through, and he's the only remaining embodiment of Hayden's legacy. I don't care what team's colors he wears eventually

But I’m now convinced his son must go. It just isn’t working. Also find a new O Line coach. Maybe a new strength coach? We are soft as Velveeta cheese on offense. It’s embarrassing.
There's your problem. His son is not going to go. The only way Brian goes is if Kirk leaves. Period, point blank.

You have to try Fry....whether it fails or not...then move on.
So I should go outside and ask the sky to turn green because I want it to, and then just "move on" when it doesn't?

Just so I could tell people I tried, and feel better that I did it?

There's something amiss with KF and Longs relationship I think. I can't point to anything specific but I've wondered for yrs now that Chuck has been out of college football why wouldn't KF want him to be a part of it. Even as just a QB coach or passing game coordinator/hold BFs hand guy he'd be a huge addition to the program. But all these yrs he's never been brought in and for whatever reasons I've never heard anyone in the media even ask why. The fan base woulda done back flips to have Chuck replace BF at any point the last 3 yrs. Too bad we'll never see it.
This is where I've always been concerning them. For some reason it just seems odd or strained but I could never put a finger on it.

Well, one thing is certain

The Hawks will not be landing any of the the top 10 high school QBs graduating this year from high school

They are going to:

Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida State, Michigan, Tennessee,
Georgia, once again, and Stanford

Alas and Alack

1695746326118.png

This is where I've always been concerning them. For some reason it just seems odd or strained but I could never put a finger on it.
He was KFs DB coach his first yr or so I think wasn't he before he went down to coach with Stoops and win it all? So it's not like they don't have any history. Maybe that's it right there? Long wanted to climb ladder to be Qb/OC but KF preferred KOK so Long left into Stoops waiting arms and went on to win the whole thing. Maybe that rubbed KFs ego wrong heck if I know but it sucks.

Kirk's singular and only vision has always been for Brain to take over as CEO. Anyone else brought in that would have an effect on that role is a threat.

There's a reason LeVar Woods hasn't been promoted past OC at Iowa.

When that guy is a head coach somewhere I will root for that team equal to Iowa. LW is a Hayden Fry way coach through and through, and he's the only remaining embodiment of Hayden's legacy. I don't care what team's colors he wears eventually
Oh for sure it was at first. You think KF still has delusions of grandeur of that though? I mean even as of the start of this season? My God that would make him even more blind and disillusioned then most accuse him of being. On no planet is BF a future HC at Iowa. Unless he turns this offense into a top 30 one for the next 3 yrs straight I can't see him being looked at as HC material anywhere let alone at Iowa. And we all know nothing of the sort is going to happen.

Yeah Woods has hit his ceiling at Iowa cause till KF, BF or Parker are done he is where he is. I've said before I'd love Woods to be the next HC he's perfect for it. Bring back Long to be OC and maybe have Abdul Hodge move over to DC if Phil is looking to retire. Or Seth Wallace. I love Betts as RB coach. The best part of Woods becoming HC would be that the staff wouldn't totally be gutted. Yet some changes would probably be made at OL and WR positions

Interesting. The reality is that a really nasty loss does not damn a team for the season. And, take a look at the other BT teams that are included. Hmm.

You are correct.

But I will submit that if you're a quarter of the way into the season and you have more yards punting than on offense, yes. Yes, your season is very likely damned. Or you play a game where you can darn near count the number of first downs using your testicles, again....that's a pretty good indicator of a damned season.

Oh for sure it was at first. You think KF still has delusions of grandeur of that though?
I do. Rich people with a lot of power get totally detached from reality.

He has more money than he could possibly spend in the rest of his or his kids' lives, he has a job that unless he does something illegal he can't realistically be removed from until he decides to remove himself, and he's got boat loads of power to basically do whatever within reason he wants with a nine figure a year business (Iowa football).

What does he care what anyone thinks about his aspirations?

Yeah Woods has hit his ceiling at Iowa cause till KF, BF or Parker are done he is where he is. I've said before I'd love Woods to be the next HC he's perfect for it. Bring back Long to be OC and maybe have Abdul Hodge move over to DC if Phil is looking to retire. Or Seth Wallace. I love Betts as RB coach. The best part of Woods becoming HC would be that the staff wouldn't totally be gutted. Yet some changes would probably be made at OL and WR positions
Woods is by far the best recruiter and second-best coach on this mostly now rag tag squad, behind Phil. He is going to get poached by a team that wants to win, and he will win multiple playoff games as a HC.

And it's Kurt's fault. He knows he's burning the program down eventually as he leaves.

If sonny boy can't be a successful king of Iowa football, no one is going to be.

Kirk Farence's legacy to me will be letting a program tank that had an opportunity to bring Hayden Fry's legacy forward for another 25 years and throwing it in the toilet. I don't care how many years he coached or wins he had.

I do. Rich people with a lot of power get totally detached from reality.

He has more money than he could possibly spend in the rest of his or his kids' lives, he has a job that unless he does something illegal he can't realistically be removed from until he decides to remove himself, and he's got boat loads of power to basically do whatever within reason he wants with a nine figure a year business (Iowa football).

What does he care what anyone thinks about his aspirations?
There's a lot of logic to what you say. I just hope he doesn't cause thinking BF should be handed the keys to the castle is pure lunacy. It was borderline lunacy before his kid had been OC for 1 day. Now that he has this long it's just a total non starter. If he were to suggest that to Goetz I'd hope she'd laugh him out of the room.

Woods is by far the best recruiter and second-best coach on this mostly now rag tag squad, behind Phil. He is going to get poached by a team that wants to win, and he will win multiple playoff games as.

And it's Kurt's fault. He knows he's burning the program down eventually as he leaves.

If sonny boy can't be a successful king of Iowa football, no one is going to be.

Kirk Farence's legacy to me will be letting a program tank that had an opportunity to bring Hayden Fry's legacy forward for another 25 years and throwing it in the toilet. I don't care how many years he coached or wins he had.
He's got a little time yet to hopefully avoid that but nobody can say it's not going to play out really bad whenever he does retire. Coaching changes are a total crapshoot and Goetz (everyone seems to assume it's her gig anyway) is a wildcard to what she'll do coaching search wise.

We were 3-8 the year before he took over and Hayden wasn’t able to put the effort in he needed to due to cancer. It was in a bad place.
Down on talent, yes. Hayden was not at his best for the reason you indicated and his last season was rough. He had lost the magic. But he had been to bowl games the 3 years previous (when there were only 18 bowl games). finishing in the TOP 25 2 of those years. The program was still highly respected within college football ranks

The program he left was competely different than the one he inherited...and he was responsible for all of it. Tough to grasp unless you have a good understanding of where Iowa football was in the late 70s before he came in and rebuilt it.

KFz seems to be fading now...and we're getting laughed at despite a winning record. That's what's different.

Well, one thing is certain

The Hawks will not be landing any of the the top 10 high school QBs graduating this year from high school

They are going to:

Georgia, Alabama, Florida, Ohio State, Notre Dame, Florida State, Michigan, Tennessee,
Georgia, once again, and Stanford

Alas and Alack

View attachment 10293
We must accept our inability to recruit QB & WRs. Always been a problem. What is alarming is that Iowa is apparently no longer able to recruit upper tier OL. Even from our own state.