Please Read: I am interested in your opinion on this matter

Just have a place where someone can give a donation and forget the different levels. Whether someone donates to you $10 or $100 give them access to a donors only forum and be done with it. If someone donates to you a special gift and you want to say thanks, do so on a 1 to 1 basis.

The ads are no bother. Sell some gear if you want, especially if you can sell the t'shirts with the big bumps in them already! Keep the site free, not much in America is any more.

I will write a large check if I can have banhammer privileges.

How about the amount someone has donated under the Join date, location, and post count.

The ads are no bother. Sell some gear if you want, especially if you can sell the t'shirts with the big bumps in them already! Keep the site free, not much in America is any more.

Agree. Start with selling t-shirts and see what that gets you. It can't hurt.

I have your solution Jon.

Sell people the one time ability to ban any other poster they choose. My payment for giving you this idea is a lifetime exemption from banning.

I'm a genius.

I have your solution Jon. Sell people the one time ability to ban any other poster they choose. My payment for giving you this idea is a lifetime exemption from banning.I'm a genius.
I call dibs on that cyclonevet guy that created the fran mccafrey thread.

Did that thread get deleted? I never did see it.

Good God think of all the money Jon could make selling bans to Vintage, Thunder, Deanvogs, OO44, and Billso. He could bleed them dry in a week.

As long as this is kosher I'd also like to start accepting donations. I don't really like my job and would much rather spend my time here. I can also guarantee that 100% of your donations will go toward me working less and spending more time on here.

I like it, as long as this site doesn't suffer in any way. The non donors need this site too, as they made it what it is! :)

Did that thread get deleted? I never did see it.Good God think of all the money Jon could make selling bans to Vintage, Thunder, Deanvogs, OO44, and Billso. He could bleed them dry in a week.
I believe it was deleted thank God. I can already see ylthis playing out....Poster 1-Your an idiot this is the dumbest post I've ever seen....Poster 2- Oh yeah well f u....Poster 1- Oh yeah. Well see you in a week doosh.

I like the idea Jon. Having a forum where discussions are more respectful and focused is one of the only reasons I stayed with Scout as long as I did.

I believe it was deleted thank God. I can already see ylthis playing out....Poster 1-Your an idiot this is the dumbest post I've ever seen....Poster 2- Oh yeah well f u....Poster 1- Oh yeah. Well see you in a week doosh.

Like I said - genius.

How about a system of clicking on X number of ads per X number of posts/views? This would generate revenue w/o creating any cliques.

As long as this is kosher I'd also like to start accepting donations. I don't really like my job and would much rather spend my time here. I can also guarantee that 100% of your donations will go toward me working less and spending more time on here.

Duff, Have you considered stealing a Salvation Army kettle and painting it black and gold and standing in front of Wally World in a Herky outfit.

JD, have you been hanging out at the local elevator drinking coffee and listening to the boys talk about their subsidy checks.;)

Thanks for all the comments...a lot of good thoughts to consider. I really appreciate you all taking the time to chime in.

If anything happens along this front, in any form, it won't be until we move from the current vbulletin software to the xenforo software...and with the recruiting project taking precedence right now to be completed by the end of March, that will not happen until April/May.

Kind of sounds like this will be a premium site without the premium content. A donor only forum and a hoodie is not good enough reason to shell out some cash. I like the donor tag on your username idea.

Kind of sounds like this will be a premium site with out the premium content.

No, that's not what it would be. I tried to be clear in saying that this idea would just be a separate forum that is closed access to those who have donated. I'd spend some time in there, but breaking news, opinion based stuff, ie all the stuff I do, would still be free stories and posted on the existing message boards.

I only thought of this bundle-hybrid as people have asked me about all three of these things: donating to the site, an invite only forum as well as gear. Thought of a way to perhaps bring all three along without getting involved in the politics of an invite only board...but in no way am I married to this idea, or any of these ideas as stand alone. Just looking for feedback.

I understand there are costs to run the site.

I would be in favor helping out.

If most folks donate something whether it be $100 or even $1 it all adds up.

Latest posts