Please Read: I am interested in your opinion on this matter

I think any attempt to form a separate board would create dissention. I suggest just selling the merchandise to raise revenue. People wearing your swag would be good advertising as well.

I think you should just hold Tecmo super bowl championships, have a buy in and a prize. Man that game was awesome.

I think just donations with a "donor sticker" as mentioned would be best. I fear that with a donor board the "free" boards would fall more into disrepair. (i.e. more ridiculing posters, disrespectful comments, and so on). Feel like you'd run into a lot of posters saying "You don't like it? Pay up for the donor board."

I think segregating the board might actually make things even less civil in some regards. Stricter moderation still gets my vote...(I know you're busy so there are challenges, but an extra mod or two would make for a better user experience imo). I sure as heck would spend more time reading the site, but the clique-ishness is definitely a turn off right now, thus why i think a "donor" clique/board would be bad.

You have an unbelievable number of idiotic Iowa State fans (trolls) posting on this board. They do it because it is free and therefore easy to access.

Anything you can do to make the board harder to access would be great. I think the whole concept of a "free" board may be flawed. The trolls and the negative nutcases really like to hang out here.

How about $10 or $20 and you don't have to dance around 12 ads. You get a faster page load and no more flickering annoying ads.

Wouldn't this move to a pay board be a step backward?

And... you'd have to change your about page:

"This latest version of the website is 100 percent FREE for all visitors, and that will be our goal from today forward."

Thanks for the feedback. Keep it coming.

The site has grown a great deal and I love that...there are certain months of the year where ad rates tank, and something like this would just allow me to flatten out the revenue curve a bit. It's not a matter of lack of funds, but I would also make the commitment that 100% of the donated funds would be reinvested into the site...if those funds would far and away cover the bandwidth and technical costs, then the overage would go into some personnel moves I am considering, not into my pocket.

Hmm...are you saying that you'd FINALLY pay my a$$ for being here? Or that you'd finally have the cash to invest in the all powerful "BanHammer3000"???

Latest posts