PG Joe Toussaint ranked number 2 player in New York City

Yeah, well, watch MD come back next year and make a positive impact. If I had a nickel for every player who has been counted out by posters on this site, I would have a lot of change. Examples? Kriener, Cordell, Nunge, Cmac, young Mac by a few, and he is not even here yet.
How many others, including recruits we have signed, have been labeled as “done?” Or, “He was a product for the Mac...”. Just like football.

Yeah, well, watch MD come back next year and make a positive impact. If I had a nickel for every player who has been counted out by posters on this site, I would have a lot of change. Examples? Kriener, Cordell, Nunge, Cmac, young Mac by a few, and he is not even here yet.
How many others, including recruits we have signed, have been labeled as “done?” Or, “He was a product for the Mac...”. Just like football.

I hope yer right. As of now, however, all he brings is height to the guard position.

I hope yer right. As of now, however, all he brings is height to the guard position.

Regardless..there is gonna be a minutes issue next year with Pemsl, Nunge and Fredrick all coming off redshirts and patrick and Joe coming in

yes...I am absolutely convinced he will play ahead of Fran's son as the back up point guard. NOT. Connor has struggled a bit lately...but you have to remember...he's really a freshman just like Weiskamp. He hasn't played any real D1 ball until this year. He's got a great handle and he'll battle you...with some physicality. He does one other important thing...he makes free throws. He will be alot better next year too.

I'm not sure whose minutes this kid is going to take...Bohannon...no...Moss...no...Dailey...maybe?

First of all, it's not certain that Conner even plays basketball next season, he already is a draftable player in baseball. This season is a test if he can handle being a two-sport athlete. He might just decide to play one sport. Seems like baseball is his ticket to real success. Second, there is no way a defensive-minded guard with good handles doesn't play next year. Baer will be gone, we will need a lockdown defender at guard. Next, Joe is a big man's wet dream. He can score no doubt but if you watched his highlights he was driving and dishing for easy dunks for his teammates. Looked like he really loves setting up the big slam. Would so love to see him play with Cook. They would be dynamic together. Cook would look so much better with a player setting him up in transition. I know, not gonna happen but a guy can dream, right?

It's crazy to me that the state of New York, with a population of 20 million, has only three 4 star recruits and zero 5 star recruits. Iowa alone has Carton and Patrick.

I think there are many great basketball players in the street league but these guys many times are not college guys or would ever transition to college or the college game for various reasons. Jamaal Tinsley was a New York street league player that IA St pulled to Ames with good success, but those stories are few and far between. Every once-in-awhile the street ball would inch into Jamaal's game in college which was fun to watch, but often not the team ball the college coaches wanted. He was a fun player to watch, though, and he got drafted.

Regardless..there is gonna be a minutes issue next year with Pemsl, Nunge and Fredrick all coming off redshirts and patrick and Joe coming in
RS Patrick. Baer and Cook average 50 mpg combined. Give 35 to 40 to Pemsl and Nunge. Give 10 to 15 to the backcourt. Fredrick and/or Joe get some experience before playing heavy minutes the following year...no Moss, JB or Dailey.

RS Patrick. Baer and Cook average 50 mpg combined. Give 35 to 40 to Pemsl and Nunge. Give 10 to 15 to the backcourt. Fredrick and/or Joe get some experience before playing heavy minutes the following year...no Moss, JB or Dailey.

I think Patrick should redshirt as well but Jon seems adamant on twitter that Fran won't redshirt Patrick. Not sure where he gets that from. If Cook returns I think you HAVE to redshirt Patrick.

I’m with you. I do think Wieskamp and Moss will get more minutes next year as well.

My question would be is a 3 PG rotation really realistic?

JBo 15 / Joe T 15 / Cmac 10
Moss 25 / JBo 15
Wieskamp 25 / Dailey 10 / Cmac 5
Nunge 20 / Pemsl 15 / Wieskamp 5
Garza 25 / Kriener 15

Something like that could work. That assumes Cook departs and Pat redshirts. No minutes for Frederick next year.

The other interesting thing is I have often heard that the McCaffery’s really want to see Connor and Pat play together with Fran as the coach. That makes me wonder if they will redshirt Pat as that puts that goal another year away, and at some point I think Connor needs to get serious about baseball.

It will be a very interesting offseason, but right now I’m just enjoying the ride of the current year.

I think Patrick should redshirt as well but Jon seems adamant on twitter that Fran won't redshirt Patrick. Not sure where he gets that from. If Cook returns I think you HAVE to redshirt Patrick.
I think they really want Pat and Connor to play on the same team with Fran as the coach, and next year might be Connor’s last year with basketball before focusing in on baseball.

That’s purely speculation on my part.

Also, there is nothing to me indicating that Cook is going to return. Everything I heard prior to this season made it sound like this was his last, nothing has been said that would change that. Even if Cook departs, I’d still redshirt Pat.

First of all, it's not certain that Conner even plays basketball next season, he already is a draftable player in baseball. This season is a test if he can handle being a two-sport athlete. He might just decide to play one sport. Seems like baseball is his ticket to real success. Second, there is no way a defensive-minded guard with good handles doesn't play next year. Baer will be gone, we will need a lockdown defender at guard. Next, Joe is a big man's wet dream. He can score no doubt but if you watched his highlights he was driving and dishing for easy dunks for his teammates. Looked like he really loves setting up the big slam. Would so love to see him play with Cook. They would be dynamic together. Cook would look so much better with a player setting him up in transition. I know, not gonna happen but a guy can dream, right?
Yeah I think a lot of us have been assuming CM will play basketball 4 yrs... I think he will next yr so he can go a year of being on the same team as PM. But if he does well in baseball and gets drafted very high that might be a tough thing to say no to the following year...

I think they really want Pat and Connor to play on the same team with Fran as the coach, and next year might be Connor’s last year with basketball before focusing in on baseball.

That’s purely speculation on my part.

Also, there is nothing to me indicating that Cook is going to return. Everything I heard prior to this season made it sound like this was his last, nothing has been said that would change that. Even if Cook departs, I’d still redshirt Pat.
I agree with your whole take almost every word of it. I'd leave the Cook returning open just a crack if say he were to get nicked up or just something unforeseen happening to where it'd be advantageous for him to return. (he should be just a yr away from graduating maybe that's a priority the closer to that he gets?) But yeah odds are he's done after this year pretty much.

it ain't gonna happen, but i'd sure like to see Cook with 1 season with a pg that can break ankles on the perimeter, get into the lane and then loft a nicely placed lob pass for a TC dunk. this kid is going to mean the world to Garza, going forward.

I’m with you. I do think Wieskamp and Moss will get more minutes next year as well.

My question would be is a 3 PG rotation really realistic?

JBo 15 / Joe T 15 / Cmac 10
Moss 25 / JBo 15
Wieskamp 25 / Dailey 10 / Cmac 5
Nunge 20 / Pemsl 15 / Wieskamp 5
Garza 25 / Kriener 15

Something like that could work. That assumes Cook departs and Pat redshirts. No minutes for Frederick next year.

The other interesting thing is I have often heard that the McCaffery’s really want to see Connor and Pat play together with Fran as the coach. That makes me wonder if they will redshirt Pat as that puts that goal another year away, and at some point I think Connor needs to get serious about baseball.

It will be a very interesting offseason, but right now I’m just enjoying the ride of the current year.

i think moss could also be leaving after this season to go to europe or somewhere else to play professionally, so Fran could utilize a 3 guard set if he needed to, but i don't think it would be a staple.

I agree with your whole take almost every word of it. I'd leave the Cook returning open just a crack if say he were to get nicked up or just something unforeseen happening to where it'd be advantageous for him to return. (he should be just a yr away from graduating maybe that's a priority the closer to that he gets?) But yeah odds are he's done after this year pretty much.

an elite 8 run this season and a desire to return next season to "finish the job" is the only thing i could think of that would get cook to return next season.

i think moss could also be leaving after this season to go to europe or somewhere else to play professionally, so Fran could utilize a 3 guard set if he needed to, but i don't think it would be a staple.
Great point, and one I don’t think most Hawkeye fans are bracing for. That would be a tough one to swallow for sure, but would definitely give Joe T an early opportunity. Moss tested the waters last year, assuming he is set to graduate this year, maybe he makes a run at professional ball whether it be G league or overseas.