Pelini fired

I feel pretty confident this is a bad move by Nebby.

But as others have eluded to, this had a lot to do with being a bad representative of the University. If Bo wasn't a ****** towards his players, officials an just in general, he'd still be there.

I disagree. If they wanted him gone due to attitude, they should have run him last year after the tape came out when they could have asserted it was a for cause termination and settled to pay a fraction of the buyout.

I feel pretty confident this is a bad move by Nebby.

But as others have eluded to, this had a lot to do with being a bad representative of the University. If Bo wasn't a ****** towards his players, officials an just in general, he'd still be there.

I agree all around. But I just saw the local news and they showed tweets from about a dozen current, past, and future players....the players Loved him.

Depending on who they hire, possibly a big mistake. That said, his lack of PR with the local media and fans...it was a factor in him being fired, anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong.

I think they win 7-8 games next year, maybe less. I could be wrong.

Ummm...Pellini's defense gave up 408 yards to Melvin Gordon, then he grabbed an umbrella drink and sat but the pool in the 4th quarter. If Nebraska had the delusion that they were atop the B10 or close to it...that game clued them in. Losing to Minnesota at home didn't help either.

As other posters said, we would be extending Kirk if he could win 9 games as our expectation of a guy making $4 million a year are much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much LOWER. Plus Kirk is a good guy, has a nice family, and what else would he do if he didn't coach Iowa. Geez, you don't want to put a guy out of work do you? Iowa nice...loses us games.

I did a quick search for 'Kaz' and didn't see anything. My friend in Lincoln messaged me to tell me a story about Kaz from this morning. It's a bit long but sounds like him and I have no reason to not trust my friend.

I wouldn't worry about losing coach Kaz, he most likely isn't coming back. I was seated next to him at Village Inn this morning literally right after it was announced. He was ******, and rightfully so. He was on the phone the entire time. Overheard him talking to recruits, and it wasn't good for Nebraska. Also as he was leaving, he turned back to his wife and in a very loud voice says "We'll be better off.F#@$ this place! It's a s@#t hole anyway. I should have went to the NFL when I had a chance." Just unreal! I was shocked when he said it, and to think I was just about to stand up and tell him thank you for all that he has done for Nebraska. In his defense he was obviously pretty emotional and it's terrible that he heard while out to eat with his family. I also think this is the culture that Bo has created over the past 7 years, the whole us against the world mentality. If this is how this dude really feels, how does he sell Nebraska to recruits?

How many head-to-head recruiting victories did Iowa have over them during the Pelini tenure? I'm gonna go ahead and guess zero.

My statement was not so much as "head to head" recruiting, as to just general recruiting of the Nebraska region, where they didn't get every top recruit that they wanted. Those that may have shunned Nebby because of pelini and his staff.

In particular, and I don't pretend to know the circumstances, Drew Ott is from the middle of Nebraska. And we have 1 or 2 from the Omaha and SoDak areas. We'll never know the extent, but I also might add that they too haven't taken much from our back yard either.

How aggressively was he pursued by Nebraska? And this is the only example that you can come up with?
I'll repeat "I didn't even bother to look into it" but Brandon Wegher was offered a scholarship and recruited by Pelini and Ferentz. Wegher chose Iowa over Nebraska. You said we never won a recruiting battle over Pelini. To which I replied "You'd be wrong" How many examples of your being wrong is required to prove that you're wrong?

My statement was not so much as "head to head" recruiting, as to just general recruiting of the Nebraska region, where they didn't get every top recruit that they wanted. Those that may have shunned Nebby because of pelini and his staff. In particular, and I don't pretend to know the circumstances, Drew Ott is from the middle of Nebraska. And we have 1 or 2 from the Omaha and SoDak areas. We'll never know the extent, but I also might add that they too haven't taken much from our back yard either.
None of those players had offers or even any kind of interest from Nebraska. The #1 recruit from Iowa for next year (Raridon from Valley) is committed to Nebraska. Try again.

I'll repeat "I didn't even bother to look into it" but Brandon Wegher was offered a scholarship and recruited by Pelini and Ferentz. Wegher chose Iowa over Nebraska. You said we never won a recruiting battle over Pelini. To which I replied "You'd be wrong" How many examples of your being wrong is required to prove that you're wrong?
Just being offered is not enough. Iowa offers dozens and dozens of players every year that they never have a chance with. I want an example of a player that had Iowa and Nebraska both among their final choices, and chose us over them.

Nonsense. They have the same paper thin schedule that we do, and they return almost every major contributor on both sides of the ball. They'll be better than Iowa, I guarantee it.

every major contributor returning? Yeah, except Abdullah, Bell, probably Gregory, both Corners, and two starting LBs. But they weren't really contributors I guess.

Their schedule is similar, sure, but Miami will be a tough ooc game.

They might be better than Iowa, sure. But we might only win 6-7 games. So what's that saying.

How about Keenan Davis, Brandon Scherff, Mike Hardy, Rodney Coe, Jordan Walsh........should I go on or is that enough instances of your being wrong?

Just being offered is not enough. Iowa offers dozens and dozens of players every year that they never have a chance with. I want an example of a player that had Iowa and Nebraska both among their final choices, and chose us over them.

Larry Station

None of those players had offers or even any kind of interest from Nebraska. The #1 recruit from Iowa for next year (Raridon from Valley) is committed to Nebraska. Try again.

It's not a matter of trying again. Unfortunately, since you're reading comprehension might be failing you, you are in the wrong. It is unprovable as to how many recruits chose to NOT go to Nebby over the past 7 years because of BP, or further, what kind of communication went on behind the scenes to dissuade any offer being made or not made.

Latest posts