Pelini fired

Too bad you don't follow Iowa as closely as you do Nebraska. We also lose 2 all-time players in program history (Weisman, #6 all-time rusher, #3 in TDs, as well as Scherff). Of course, with our depth of remaining talent, those significant losses won't be felt as much as 2 guys that missed significant time for Nebraska this year.

I live in Omaha, so yeah, I have no choice but to have nebby forced on me, and know them well. And hate them.

I love Iowa. And always will. See the difference?

We will miss Scherff, and I am a huge fan of MW. But if you think losing them for us is the same as nebby losing Abdullah and Bell...then you really don't know what you're talking about....

Adieu.

The real tragedy, though, is that we will never again get to follow the amazing Twitter feed that was #FauxPelini. Bo's comments as his last game unfolded/status post his firing have been awesome.

Too bad the B1G must bid adieu to their crazy, frothing-at-the-mouth, ref punching drunken uncle, Bo. He was fun to watch/hard to look away from. Like a semi trailer accident on I-80. A troglodittian Fran McCaffery.

Comparisons between Iowa and Nebraska are ridiculous.....

The Nebraska Cornhuskers represent the University of Nebraska–Lincoln in college football. The program has established itself as a traditional powerhouse, and has the fourth most all-time victories of any NCAA FBS team and is one of only eleven football programs in NCAA Division I history to win 800 or more games.[SUP][4][/SUP] The Cornhuskers have the most wins and the highest winning percentage of any college football program over the last 50 years.[SUP][5][/SUP] ESPN ranks two undefeated Nebraska squads (the 1971 team and the 1995 team) among the top three teams in college football history.[SUP][6][/SUP]
On June 11, 2010, Nebraska ended the university's affiliation with the Big 12 Conference and joined the Big Ten Conference beginning in the 2011 season.[SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP][SUP][9][/SUP] Nebraska claims 46 conference championships[SUP][10][/SUP] and five national championships: 1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, and 1997. The titles in the 1990s marked the first time since Notre Dame in 1946-49 when a team won three national championships in four seasons. The 2011-2012 Alabama Crimson Tide, the 1994-1995 Nebraska Cornhuskers, and the 1956-1957 Oklahoma Sooners have the only consensus back-to-back national titles by Division 1-A schools.

Very impressive, if they're recruiting 50-year-olds.

Latest posts