Pelini fired

This is horrible news... I was hoping Pelini was there for life. He was awful. They will do better with just about anybody.

Apparently the way to maintain a job coaching at Iowa is to suck up to the fans regardless of the charade that is put on the field.

Yeah,I am shocked. They hold coaches to a standard. But who do they get? Run at Bielema. Not a good time to compete with Michigan,and Florida for a top coach and they are going to want a NAME.

There has been talk of Scott Frost the former Nebby QB who is OC at Oregon. That would really be going out on a limb.

How about Bob Stoops? Maybe he wants to get back into the Big 10.

If Stoops were to resurrect Nebby to playoff status and Big 10 Champions he would be a god at two schools. Just not Iowa

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11958376/nebraska-cornhuskers-fire-bo-pelini

Meanwhile in Iowa City, our administration is doubtless celebrating being bowl eligible.

Not sure I agree with firing a guy who never won less than 9 games in a season, mainly because I have serious doubts that Nebraska is going to get their 80's and 90's mojo back, and as has been pointed out, there are going to be other major programs also looking for a new head coach. Good luck Nebby. Maybe this will actually work out to our advantage and they'll sink back to Bill Callahan levels.

Last edited:
It's going to be among the 3 best jobs available after UM and Florida. If they hire right and they start getting top 10 classes, we are so screwed. Our ceiling becomes 3rd in the West.

Given time to digest... this makes perfect sense. You barely beat a team that only beat one team with a winning record... you get your *** fired. Way to go Nebby AD, would be nice having an AD with balls.

I guess a close win against Iowa is a fireable offense now.

What a difference in two programs expectation. 9-3, 62-27 in 7 seasons, wins 9 games every year and teams comes from way behind to win on the road vs . Iowa = Fired.

7-5 vs one of the easiest scheduled in Big history and looking bad doing most of the year and Iowa wouldn't dream of moving on.

these schools football programs have little in common

Remember how all of these big names were thrown around after Michigan had a vacancy. Firing a coach that got ya 9 wins consistently is crazy...not bold.

Yeah,I am shocked. They hold coaches to a standard. But who do they get? Run at Bielema. Not a good time to compete with Michigan,and Florida for a top coach and they are going to want a NAME.

Well then Iowa will never hire a new coach because every year there are top name programs looking for new coaches. Iowa doesn't need a big name coach either. You think Gary Anderson was at Wisconsin? Iowa needs someone familiar with what Iowa is and what it needs.

Well then Iowa will never hire a new coach because every year there are top name programs looking for new coaches. Iowa doesn't need a big name coach either. You think Gary Anderson was at Wisconsin? Iowa needs someone familiar with what Iowa is and what it needs.

Bret-Bielema.jpg