Parker is D-Coordinator

What makes you sure that Phil won't run the defense in a slightly different mode? He is a younger coach that has coached the most consistent unit of the defense. Maybe he knows that athletes that Iowa has recruited recently can do more than play off cover zone. Maybe he will shake up the defense slightly because he knows the talent on next season's team is going to demand it. Iowa is lucky that Parker is still on the staff to be promoted. He and Campbell are the two coaches most consistently sought after by other schools and Parker has publicly turned down at least two job offers.

This is a great hire.

Fixed it for you.

This is a home run, but breathing through yer mouth tends to ruin ones eyesight.

What makes you sure that Phil won't run the defense in a slightly different mode? He is a younger coach that has coached the most consistent unit of the defense. Maybe he knows that athletes that Iowa has recruited recently can do more than play off cover zone. Maybe he will shake up the defense slightly because he knows the talent on next season's team is going to demand it. Iowa is lucky that Parker is still on the staff to be promoted. He and Campbell are the two coaches most consistently sought after by other schools and Parker has publicly turned down at least two job offers.

This is a good hire.

You couldn't have said that in 17 syllables?

Ok tool, when you get a clue come on back and try again

OK, I'll try again.

See, when your best assistant coach, that has been with you for 13 years, and has consistently turned schlubs into NFL players interviews for a position, you listen. And unless the ghost of Vince ******* Lombardi tells you different, you make sure that anyone who you would hire ahead of him is God's gift to coaching.

But you do your due diligence, you make sure that God doesn't have a special little present just for you. When you realize that God doesn't give a **** about football, you hire Phil Parker.

See it's like what happened to you last year. You really wanted to be the editor the school paper, but the advisor told you that Billy had been writing great pieces for three years and deserved it in his Senior year. The paper has for the most part been successful so your cries that the paper now sucked fell on deaf ears, and you are stuck writing exposé's on lunch lady Doris and what's really in the hamburger meat.

How was that for a second attempt?

I just lit my second cigar. Entertaining is not a strong enough word for this. I just love how quickly posters on here turn to insults.

OK, I'll try again.

See, when your best assistant coach, that has been with you for 13 years, and has consistently turned schlubs into NFL players interviews for a position, you listen. And unless the ghost of Vince ******* Lombardi tells you different, you make sure that anyone who you would hire ahead of him is God's gift to coaching.

But you do your due diligence, you make sure that God doesn't have a special little present just for you. When you realize that God doesn't give a **** about football, you hire Phil Parker.

See it's like what happened to you last year. You really wanted to be the editor the school paper, but the advisor told you that Billy had been writing great pieces for three years and deserved it in his Senior year. The paper has for the most part been successful so your cries that the paper now sucked fell on deaf ears, and you are stuck writing exposé's on lunch lady Doris and what's really in the hamburger meat.

How was that for a second attempt?

This is the part I disagree about, it seems to me more often than not this assistant coach sure allows other QB's to tear apart the secondary more often than not...I guess i just didn't see him as the best assistant and really didn't see him as best option for the job.....

THis is KF taking the safe approach and not caring that this program is in a downward spiral.

It didn't take long did it? (as I take another swig on the diet pepsi)

There is actually some good stuff buried in here. Donors are upset. Really upset at KF. And there is some crisis going on right now. It gets lost in all the insults thrown around though. Not that they 100% impact decision, but they have in the past.

Watch, they're gonna come after me now.

This is the part I disagree about, it seems to me more often than not this assistant coach sure allows other QB's to tear apart the secondary more often than not...I guess i just didn't see him as the best assistant and really didn't see him as best option for the job.....

THis is KF taking the safe approach and not caring that this program is in a downward spiral.

You do understand that the D-Coordinator calls the defense which dictates what coverage the defensive backs play so Phil Parker couldn't have his corners in press coverage to take away the quick slants even if he wanted to. With the style of defense Norm called the defensive backs are at the mercy of the D-line getting pressure and the Linebackers being good in coverage.

How many times did Iowa give up passes over 20 yards down field? Everything else is on the linebackers and the coverage scheme.

There is actually some good stuff buried in here. Donors are upset. Really upset at KF. And there is some crisis going on right now. It gets lost in all the insults thrown around though. Not that they 100% impact decision, but they have in the past.

Because of the mystical outside hire?

I don't doubt that there are some donors who are upset with Kirk.

I just doubt that it is because of this decision, or any that are forthcoming this offseason.

I love all the head coaches on this forum right now....

"We need new blood"
"PP is not the answer"
"The sky is falling!!"

Dude, give it a rest. "The Donors" do not think as one. Just because you claim to know one doesn't mean you have insight into how everything works all the time. There isn't a donor out there bigger than KF. I am glad that KF runs the program, and the donors can suck it, because they don't.

I am not mad about the hire, what I am mad about it why it took so damn long to name Parker the coach if he was the lead candidate all along. All it did was make recruiting more difficult.

I am not mad about the hire, what I am mad about it why it took so damn long to name Parker the coach if he was the lead candidate all along. All it did was make recruiting more difficult.

As evidenced by the recruiting class that was ranked third in the conference by Sporting News and ESPN, without one of our 4 star commitments signed on the dotted line yet.

Clearly, the affronts suffered on the recruiting trail were significant and upsetting.

Latest posts