Parker is D-Coordinator

Wow KF has lost it, seriously this hire just is totally stupid and worthless...any money to go to any football games anytime soon is gone...KF dropped the ball big time here and can't wait for a new HC in the very near future.

The only reason people are mad is because it wasnt announced on their schedule. I dont understand the delay either but we didnt lose any recruits because of it and if KF interviewed a bunch of guys before making his decision, how is that a bad thing?

I have yet to hear an answer to that question. I would have been much more comfortable with this decision if Kurt rushed into it instead of taking his time, weighing his options, and talking to other candidates.

Making an informed hire is just another way Kurt is showing that the game has left him behind.

I will give Phil Parker a chance, but if the defense begins to spiral downward then the real meltdown will begin and the Coach's seat will get very hot very fast.

I have yet to hear an answer to that question. I would have been much more comfortable with this decision if Kurt rushed into it instead of taking his time, weighing his options, and talking to other candidates.

Making an informed hire is just another way Kurt is showing that the game has left him behind.

I'll raise you one more...

Some of these morons actually believed that Kurt was going to hire Mike Stoops and do nothing but blitz. These same people, believe that he is going to hire a spread minded offensive coordinator simply because he went to Iowa.

The people complaining are the ones who want the head coach fired, but are too big of ******* to publicly say it.

So given the shuffles staff will look like this
DC Phil Parker
DB Darrell Wilson
LB Levar Woods
DL Reese Morgan

OC/WR Soup Campbell
QB David Raih
RB Lester Herb
OL Brian Ferentz
TE/ RC Eric Johnson

Assume that Herb and Wilson keep special teams duties. If this is correct this could be a very good recruiting group.

Once again, Phil Parker was on the staff that coached a defense who has been a top 25 ranked defense for multiple years in recent history. Why is this a bad hire?

DC Phil Parker
DB Darrell Wilson
LB Levar Woods
DL Reese Morgan

OC/WR Soup Campbell
QB David Raih
RB Lester Herb
OL Brian Ferentz
TE/ RC Eric Johnson

Assume that Herb and Wilson keep special teams duties. If this is correct this could be a very good recruiting group.

What a waist of time to...seriously could have had some new blood in the program but instead....no....same old crap and now the free fall is going to continue. More average to below average football till KF gets run outa town and that is sooner than some people on this board think.

Once again, Phil Parker was on the staff that coached a defense who has been a top 25 ranked defense for multiple years in recent history. Why is this a bad hire?

You mean the secondary that more often than not looked like crap and was exposed by average QB...yeah that is who i want for the DC.

Wow, looks like this birthday present came a week early! maybe Campbell will coach the linebackers & kirk will run the offense
BREAKING NEWS HEARD IT HERE FIRST!!!!
(in kirks defense pry was only way he could retain this much of the coaching staff) there may be alittle more turnover next year with this buying some time for the program and these coaches to expand their coaching portfolio

TCHawk -

When you get a little bit older, you'll understand how some of the world works. I understand that you're upset now, because that is how 9th graders see the world.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but come back here when you are a freshmen in college and you'll see things differently.

TCHawk -

When you get a little bit older, you'll understand how some of the world works. I understand that you're upset now, because that is how 9th graders see the world.

I'm not trying to be condescending, but come back here when you are a freshmen in college and you'll see things differently.
LOL

DC Phil Parker
DB Darrell Wilson
LB Levar Woods
DL Reese Morgan

OC/WR Soup Campbell
QB David Raih
RB Lester Herb
OL Brian Ferentz
TE/ RC Eric Johnson

If this happens, I will be pleased. All the drama queens on the message boards will go crazy,for no reason.

Nothing matters til they go on the field next fall,gang. Just win and this group will look like the Lombardi Packers coaching staff.

What a waist of time to...seriously could have had some new blood in the program but instead....no....same old crap and now the free fall is going to continue. More average to below average football till KF gets run outa town and that is sooner than some people on this board think.

What makes you sure that Phil won't run the defense in a slightly different mode? He is a younger coach that has coached the most consistent unit of the defense. Maybe he knows that athletes that Iowa has recruited recently can do more than play off cover zone. Maybe he will shake up the defense slightly because he knows the talent on next season's team is going to demand it. Iowa is lucky that Parker is still on the staff to be promoted. He and Campbell are the two coaches most consistently sought after by other schools and Parker has publicly turned down at least two job offers.

This is a good hire.

TCHawk -

Ok tool, when you get a clue come on back and try again

Latest posts