Parker is D-Coordinator

Ain't getting a suite - will demand a segment of Row 79 be cleared of proles with a velvet rope put around it and 2 star stan guarding it. Will also demand it be retrofitted with a porta john so I don't have to leave during the game to take a leak.

Actually - just let me tailgate with you. I have a feeling, the spread each game would be fantastic.

In my mind, the candidates were ranked:

1. Ron Aiken
2. Phil Parker

There was no need for number 3, because there was no way number 2 was turning you down.

Lester Erb will get the OC position which probably means Campbell walks at his next opportunity. In other words, BAFU in Iowa City. These two hires could have breathed new life into a program that is broken. Whether you agree of not, Iowa has slid back to the middle of the pack in the Big Ten. You only have to look at what new hires have done in Ann Arbor and Columbus to see that sometimes you need to change for the sake of change when your program gets stale. To be honest, it'd be easy to say that I saw this coming, but I'd be lying. I honestly thought Ferentz was going to take this opportunity to make a bold move.

Tom Davis says hello.

TCHawk - When you get a little bit older, you'll understand how some of the world works. I understand that you're upset now, because that is how 9th graders see the world. I'm not trying to be condescending, but come back here when you are a freshmen in college and you'll see things differently.
Ok tool, when you get a clue come on back and try again

I love the game clue!

It is not because of this decision. There was pressure on the KoK situation however, and I don't believe this move was 100% voluntary. It seems to have worked out ok for everyone involved.

I am a donor by the way, Kinnick Society level. I'm not talking about guys like me, I'm talking about the ones that get to eat with Kirk and Mary at the Levitt Center. There are four I talk to regularly. One is very outspoken, and I believe he is a major reason we have a new basketball coach. That rumor has been going around for ever. I'm just suggesting, although he wasn't the deciding factor, he did have his input.

I'm responding to you, and not the other guy, because at least you were respectful in your post.

Take it for what it's worth. We all talk to each other, some at much higher levels. I'm just fortunate to do business with these guys, and the board of regents, so I get to hear their perspective on a regular basis.

Thanks for your posts dude, they are interesting and informative...

So given the shuffles staff will look like this
DC Phil Parker
DB Darrell Wilson
LB Levar Woods
DL Reese Morgan

OC/WR Soup Campbell
QB David Raih
RB Lester Herb
OL Brian Ferentz
TE/ RC Eric Johnson

Assume that Herb and Wilson keep special teams duties. If this is correct this could be a very good recruiting group.

It's what I figure too.

You know, it's not that PP is a bad choice or that I'm particularly frustrated by his hire. It's frustrating that it took 6 weeks to name him and we, essentially, wind up with no new blood. Even if Ferentz and Raih come on, there's no new blood. The only explanation to Morgan moving is that BF is coming in.

As evidenced by the recruiting class that was ranked third in the conference by Sporting News and ESPN, without one of our 4 star commitments signed on the dotted line yet.

Clearly, the affronts suffered on the recruiting trail were significant and upsetting.

All it did was make the kids that did commit second guess their commitment. Who knows if we missed out on someone due to these delays.

My point is if KF wanted to hire within, fine, but there was no reason to wait this long.

Why keep Reese Morgan? If he isn't good enough to keep coaching OL, why give him our most important position on D. Doesn't he recruit Iowa?

There is zero chance that Iowa has to keep him because of his great recruiting. I think the loyalty at all costs is what will be the downfall of KF.

So if Brian Ferentz becomes OLine coach does that mean

a. we have a Head Coach with the last name of Ferentz through 2030?

b. Steve Ferentz becomes a 240lb starting center in two years?

c. all of the above

Yawn. I am getting too old to get excited anyway.

Ain't getting a suite - will demand a segment of Row 79 be cleared of proles with a velvet rope put around it and 2 star stan guarding it. Will also demand it be retrofitted with a porta john so I don't have to leave during the game to take a leak.
Actually - just let me tailgate with you. I have a feeling, the spread each game would be fantastic.

It is but none of his doing. You might be able to have a beer with him if he hangs around more than 5 minutes.