Parker is D-Coordinator

not a huge fan of this...but I guess I shouldn't be surprised. I'm sure he will do an ok job.

So what was with Lavar Woods being d-line coach? Is he going to coach on the D side of the ball? Reece was suppose to retire? I don't get this!

FFFF fffff FFFFFF ahhhhh FFFFF!! Dang! Was really hoping for some new blood... Not that he's not capable, its just... :S

So I guess Soup will be promoted?

Prolly has to be. My guess is Phil was a great choice for a number of reasons, one being he would work for half of the wages of other candidates. To get an OC from outside the program would cost a fortune and then Phil would be salty if his counterpart were materially outearning him, so I think it has to be soup.

I was hoping for some new blood, this program was getting stale. If Phil Parker can produce like Norm then this will be a good hire but I doubt that it will be the case. A little disappointed by this.

I'm sure it'll be fine and not much drop off if any, but idk.. I guess I need to give the guy a chance before I go off the deep end... You know he'll be talking to pops quite a bit I'm sure :)

Lester Erb will get the OC position which probably means Campbell walks at his next opportunity. In other words, BAFU in Iowa City. These two hires could have breathed new life into a program that is broken.

Whether you agree of not, Iowa has slid back to the middle of the pack in the Big Ten.

You only have to look at what new hires have done in Ann Arbor and Columbus to see that sometimes you need to change for the sake of change when your program gets stale.

To be honest, it'd be easy to say that I saw this coming, but I'd be lying. I honestly thought Ferentz was going to take this opportunity to make a bold move.

Prolly has to be. My guess is Phil was a great choice for a number of reasons, one being he would work for half of the wages of other candidates. To get an OC from outside the program would cost a fortune and then Phil would be salty if his counterpart were materially outearning him, so I think it has to be soup.

Erb will get the call for OC before Campbell. Sad but true.

Iowa's had a strong defense more times than not in recent history. I have no idea why we need fresh blood on that side of the ball. Is it really because of one not so great year? (last year)