Overpaid College Coaches List

k-bigpic.png

Wait. So some site thinks that KF is overpaid? Do they know that the team is bowl-eligible this year?

Do people here think he is overpaid? I wonder how much he makes. I'm really surprised that we haven't seen threads about this before...

We can't even get THAT right...-chomp- -snort-

So what now you are going to start in on Kirk? Im sick of your negativity. Every post is the same. Do you get up kick your dog in the face and then slap your sister/wife? How do you go through life with that outlook on everything cause if you dont like kirk you must hate everything. You are not a Iowa fan. Importedyankle called he said..............hok!!!! Go cheer for Alabama if you dont like Iowa. Jon can we get a ban on this guy? I bet youre one of those alt trolls. Are you vitagehawk? Recruits could see this you should be ashamed. ****************************************** you*********************monkey ********** and your horse.

Wait. So some site thinks that KF is overpaid? Do they know that the team is bowl-eligible this year?

Do people here think he is overpaid? I wonder how much he makes. I'm really surprised that we haven't seen threads about this before...

I like how you are pointing out that this thread is unoriginal ......youre the like the 5th person to make that statement in this thread.

Kirk Ferentz earns every penny of his salary and I hope he's our coach as long as he wants to be. I would bet that most college and NFL coaches, current and former players would agree. Go Hawks and enjoy the rest of this season. This team is a special group with 3 senior LBs playing at a high level, which is extremely rare. I don't remember this same scenario since watching Iowa play since the Bob
Commings era. The iron is hot THIS year. Look how Iowa State is doing without Klein and Jake Knott. Let's throw away the Hate Ferentz template for a few weeks and enjoy the ride. Pay Kirk some homage and fill Kinnick next week.

Charlie Weis leads the pack this year.

Ferentz has the honor of second place.

College football's most overpaid coaches

It amazes me that Paul Rhoads is not on that list. Not just for the 2 million a year, but for the length of his contract. He has the world by the Gonads. He has a 12-28 conference record in his 5 seasons and could very likely go 0-9 in the league this season.. His head coaching resume' is void of anything that would warrant a contract like he has. I guess it is all about expectations and in ISU's case, those expectations are very low. What do they do if he goes 0-9 this season and follows that up with a 1-8 or 2-7 mark? I guess if he gets a win over Iowa somewhere in there, his job will be secure. Ferentz makes a lot of money, but four finishes in the top 8 in the country, two conference titles, two BCS bowl appearances and bowl wins over Texas Tech, Florida, LSU, South Carolina, Georgia Tech and Missouri is what put him up there. His bowl losses have been to USC, Texas, Florida and Oklahoma. Iowa seems to get the cream of the crop in the bowl games they play in and have always represented well in those bowl games. (except the 2nd half collapse against USC, who most likely was the best team in the country that season)

I get as upset as any about Iowa's down years and some of Ferentz's apparent shortcomings as a coach, but if Paul Rhoads is worth 2 million a year at ISU, then Ferentz is certainly worth what he is paid at Iowa.

We get to see two of the best coaches in the country square off in Ames next weekend. Its going to be so weird to see a football game in Iowa where both coaches are trying to win the game.

Nice try, old horny one...this is the same website that promoted the story about Michigan president Mary Sue Coleman being drunk during her halftime talk on Saturday...of course, it turned out that the sound system was screwed up and she received a massive apology from Michigan officials. But, no apology from the website that put their speculation up front in bold letters. Next time, be smart enough to check your sources before you blow your own horn.
The sound system at MICH's stadium had nothing to do with that. She was drunk, near as I could tell, or suffering from an undisclosed medical condition. And what would you expect the MICH officials to say, once that video went viral? Of course they were going to offer up some excuse.

The sound system at MICH's stadium had nothing to do with that. She was drunk, near as I could tell, or suffering from an undisclosed medical condition. And what would you expect the MICH officials to say, once that video went viral? Of course they were going to offer up some excuse.

You are just a bad as the idiots who speculated on this in the first place. You have absolutely NO evidence to support this nonsense. Your paranoia is about the only thing that surpasses your foolishness. Like Horny, you may want to do some research before shooting off your mouth.

We get to see two of the best coaches in the country square off in Ames next weekend. Its going to be so weird to see a football game in Iowa where both coaches are trying to win the game.

Must be a youth football game in Ames next weekend?

Also very deceptive. (but it's an easy sell to the naive, easy manipulated masses) Most of those listed run programs that generate a huge amount revenue and positive attention for the institutions which employ them.

It's also just one employee. You want a more realistic view? Look at the top 200 employees, for example, is each state and you'll find a hell of a lot more waste and graft than the football or basketball coach. At least coaches are expected to produce results.

Charlie Weis doesn't make excuses about bad weather or facilities or "we're just Kansas" in recruiting. He goes after the best kids in the country and gets them to sign. Jake Heaps was the top rated pocket passer a couple years ago, kid has a golden arm. They are going to air it our in the cold Ames sky next saturday.

Paul Rhoads coaches every game to win, unlike some other coach in Iowa. He takes risks when the time is right and lets his players know he has their back. Kids want to play for this guy and he has energy and enthusiasm, unlike another coach in Iowa.

The incredible idiocy on these boards never ceases. You are ripping a coach with a 53% conference winning percentage by posting the accomplishments of one with 30% and another with a ZERO% in 15 games.

Charlie Weis doesn't make excuses about bad weather or facilities or "we're just Kansas" in recruiting. He goes after the best kids in the country and gets them to sign. Jake Heaps was the top rated pocket passer a couple years ago, kid has a golden arm. They are going to air it our in the cold Ames sky next saturday.

Paul Rhoads coaches every game to win, unlike some other coach in Iowa. He takes risks when the time is right and lets his players know he has their back. Kids want to play for this guy and he has energy and enthusiasm, unlike another coach in Iowa.

Paul Rhoads makes a ton of money and loses lots of games. He changes quarterbacks more often than he changes his underwear. That's been pretty successful for him, huh? He can coach the rest of his life at ISU and will not approach what Ferentz has done at Iowa in 15 seasons. As far as the fat guy at Kansas?? Who the hell cares?
3 games won this year between the two of them. Tulsa, Louisiana Tech and South Dakota. Some pretty good wins there...
4.5 million in salary between the two of them and 3 wins. YaHoo.

You're letting your little brother syndrome and butt hurt get the best of you, brah. You look like a fool.

Last time I checked, record of 6-4 > record of 1-8. Oh, and 27-21. :)

Jeeeeeezzzze this thread again? You would think I just wouldnt read the thread but I did and now Im mad. You are an Idiot stupid face if you dont agree with me.

Latest posts