Overpaid College Coaches List

LOL you Ferentz apologists always crack me up with your excuses for mediocrity and losing. Weis won 19 games in two season. Rhoads is very proud. They didn't have to recruit a bunch of thugs to do it either. Each is a total class act.

I have my EARS and have listened to speech. I know what I heard and I don't need you or the Michigan officials to clarify it for me. Thanks.
Perhaps you should look past your friendship with Mary Sue and realize that sometimes, your drinking can get the better of you and oh, guess what? Lead you to make foolish choices, like agreeing to do an impromtu speech when you are deep in the bottle. That's the way I see it and if anyone asks me, that's the version they'll get. You don't have any control over people's opinions and it's obvious that's a problem for you. Deal with it.

Do you have any idea how foolish you sound making the argument that you could tell from listening to a speech that Coleman was drunk? BTW, I am not a friend of Coleman's...never met her. I don't expect to control your opinion...but I have every right to call you out for making an unfounded statement. Deal with it.

LOL you Ferentz apologists always crack me up with your excuses for mediocrity and losing. Weis won 19 games in two season. Rhoads is very proud. They didn't have to recruit a bunch of thugs to do it either. Each is a total class act.

Are you, Charlie, and Paw involved in some kind of love triangle together, thetrza? Me seems to think so. That's so cute. :eek:

Kirk Ferentz earns every penny of his salary and I hope he's our coach as long as he wants to be. I would bet that most college and NFL coaches, current and former players would agree. Go Hawks and enjoy the rest of this season. This team is a special group with 3 senior LBs playing at a high level, which is extremely rare. I don't remember this same scenario since watching Iowa play since the Bob
Commings era. The iron is hot THIS year. Look how Iowa State is doing without Klein and Jake Knott. Let's throw away the Hate Ferentz template for a few weeks and enjoy the ride. Pay Kirk some homage and fill Kinnick next week.

Does your username stand for "BoiseDoucheBag"?

Rhoads and Weis both coach in the prestigious Big 12 Football conference. Winning is hard in that conference, unlike a certain conference in the Midwest that is just as good as the MAC on most days. Kansas and Iowa State would each go undefeated in the B1G this year, their only loss coming when they would meet in the hypothetical Conference Championship Game in Indianapolis.

No. They would not.
Sept. 14, 2013 pretty much proves ISU would not be undefeated in the B1G. The only meeting between the two conferences so far this season.

Try again.

Do you have any idea how foolish you sound making the argument that you could tell from listening to a speech that Coleman was drunk? BTW, I am not a friend of Coleman's...never met her. I don't expect to control your opinion...but I have every right to call you out for making an unfounded statement. Deal with it.

You're going to tell me what I did and didn't hear? Would you like me to provide another one of Mary Sue's speeches for a play-by-play comparison? You already look foolish enough but here you go. Same PA system, by the way.

Mary Sue Coleman at 2013 spring commencement - YouTube

Last edited:

A cave man could have won 19 games in the those two seasons with the talent that was left to Charlie W.
Ferentz had a two year period when he won 21 games with one hand tied behind is back and the sun was in his eyes..So there.

I'll play the game here ... let's throw out those 19 wins in two seasons. Where is Weis? 19-39. TWENTY games below .500. Rhoads? ONE winning season as a head coach.

Now, lets' throw out KF's three-year run that was kick-butt by any standards — 31-7. (Yeah, three years, not two) and where is he? 97-92 overall. Five games ABOVE .500. Iowa only? 75-71.

Call me an "apologist" if you need a label. Call me a "Weis Hater" (which would be MUCH more accurate) if you choose.

But at the end of the day, I believe Weis is the most overpaid HEAD COACH in college football. He gets $2 mill from Kansas, and another $2 mill from ND (to NOT coach. That should tell you something). Yes, he has superbowl rings as a O.C. . Yes, he did good things at Kansas City as the O.C. Neither have any bearing on his success or lack thereof as a NCAA head coach — apples and oranges. It is clear, by the data, that Weis has not been able either maintain (Notre Dame) or build (so far at Kansas) a successful program as an NCAA head coach.

His talent may be O.C. in the NFL. If a NFL team wants him for that, they can have him. But thus far, he has yet to prove he can sustain any type of success as a NCAA head coach.

Paul Rhoads...oh Paul. I LIKE what he has done at ISU. I like that he has raised expectations, and that the program has become more competitive. But can we evaluate this for what it is? He's coaching at a school with 11 winning seasons in 40 years. Personally, I don't have him on my overpaid coach list at this time — the history of the program factors into that. Stating he is "proud" does not quantify is talent as a coach. I'm sure Turner Gill is proud. I'm sure Frank Laurterbur was a proud man. I know Dan Thiessen, one of the worst college football coaches at any level, was a proud man. But he was a terrible, terrible coach.

Last edited:
Weis understands that winning in today's college football means scoring more points than your opponent. This is something that Ferentz has never seemed to figure out in his 15 years as a FBS head football coach.

Weis understands that winning in today's college football means scoring more points than your opponent. This is something that Ferentz has never seemed to figure out in his 15 years as a FBS head football coach.

If this is the best you have, you can stop trolling now.

Paul Rhoads had a chance to take a picture of the scoreboard at halftime with his team leading in Norman. When was the last time an Iowa State coach could do that?

Charlie Weis showing why he is one of the best coaches in College Football with a big win today.

Paul Rhoads also could take a picture of the scoreboard in Norman at the end of the game showing his team got slaughtered again. How many ISU coaches could do that. I'll answer for you, all of them. Trying to talk smack with your 1-9 team shows how pathetic ISU fans are. Tell us again about Iowa being 4-8 and sitting at home for the holidays last year. Are you going to say the same thing about ISU this year. Don't forget the 1 million per win last year for Kirk. Is ISU paying PR 2 million per win this year with his deepest team yet?

Paul Rhoads had a chance to take a picture of the scoreboard at halftime with his team leading in Norman. When was the last time an Iowa State coach could do that?

Charlie Weis showing why he is one of the best coaches in College Football with a big win today.

Fail, it was tied in Norman.

Latest posts