Oliver Martin update

Pretty sure that was the joke.

10410850_1493321914216108_3659525177258275658_n.jpg

Attachments

• upload_2017-1-11_12-35-54.jpeg
    upload_2017-1-11_12-35-54.jpeg
    3.1 KB · Views: 1
I see over on 247 they have him as a Notre Dame lean. I really hope that the changes made on the offensive side of the coaching staff will keep him home. I do really respect the way that he has gone about this whole recruiting thing. Keeps his mouth shut, isn't on social media documenting his every thought, and is taking all his trips before he makes up his mind.
Has to make you wonder if all the drama in November might have something to do with it. Oliver has 5 OV's to take and seems like he wants to see everything that is out there before announcing. Kind of refreshing to say the least in the "Look at me, Look at how great I am" world that college football recruiting has turned into.

I see over on 247 they have him as a Notre Dame lean. I really hope that the changes made on the offensive side of the coaching staff will keep him home. I do really respect the way that he has gone about this whole recruiting thing. Keeps his mouth shut, isn't on social media documenting his every thought, and is taking all his trips before he makes up his mind.
Has to make you wonder if all the drama in November might have something to do with it. Oliver has 5 OV's to take and seems like he wants to see everything that is out there before announcing. Kind of refreshing to say the least in the "Look at me, Look at how great I am" world that college football recruiting has turned into.

247 having him a ND lean is a complete and total guess. They have absolutely no inside source to go off because like you said, Martin is saying nothing. I don't even think Chris knows where he's going.

I just hope the kid has the foresight to look ahead 3-4 yrs. I think he would be used a ton under Brian and have a heck of a career here. So many kids want to look at the next yr. Will they play right away or not. Well at Iowa he wouldn't have to worry about if his coaches will be there. The two main ones are locked in for his whole career that can't be said about well just about anywhere else really. Not many people more so than Brian would like to see the hometown kid stay and be a hometown hero... Hope he can relay that to him and he'll want to stay. We'll just have to see. Get Timmy D to help recruit him already too geez. If he were to go to Auburn or ND he'd just be another WR to plug through... I'll guarantee you both of those schools are going to be changing coaches within 5 yrs. Maybe even Michigan depending on if Harbaugh wants another crack at the NFL... He's such a wild card.

It's interesting you mention Michigan

Iowa lost Darboh and Arrington to Michigan and they both experienced coaching changes. So your point is well spoken that Michigan will offer him the chance to witness a coaching change. If I were him I would opt for stability.

I'd be surprised if he comes to Iowa. It's not really our style to go out and actually land more than one 4-5 star recruit.

Martin just added Florida to his list. Iowa just offered two new WR prospects. Can you read the tea leaves?

Iowa was always going to offer some more WR, they will take at least 1 of them plus Martin. I'm not saying we get Martin or don't get him, just saying we were always going to offer Van Dyne and ISM.

Iowa was always going to offer some more WR, they will take at least 1 of them plus Martin. I'm not saying we get Martin or don't get him, just saying we were always going to offer Van Dyne and ISM.

Could be, but it seems pretty late in the game (les than three weeks from signing day) to toss out two more offers.
What's your take on Martin adding Florida this late?

Could be, but it seems pretty late in the game (les than three weeks from signing day) to toss out two more offers.
What's your take on Martin adding Florida this late?

We just got done with a dead period. Iowa wanted to offer both WR in person, this was pretty much known it was going to happen.

I don't think Florida will be a player with Martin, but who knows for sure? He doesn't seem like a kid just looking for the latest and greatest, and I don't know what kind of relationship he has built with them. I'm sure they are looking to get him down for a visit (because visits are important) and will hope to wow him while he is there.

They have an amazeballs swimming team, national championships, 37 SEC titles on the mens side and they are the alma mater of my personal hero Ryan Lochte.

Latest posts