Oliver Martin update

247 having him a ND lean is a complete and total guess. They have absolutely no inside source to go off because like you said, Martin is saying nothing. I don't even think Chris knows where he's going.

The Rivals guys are also hearing that he is an ND lean and it will be very difficult to pull him away from them. Duh doooooooooooooooood

I can't recall a local recruitment situation in which I felt like I knew as little as with Martin. The kid is definitely controlling the process. Seems like he may have some fence-mending to do if he stays in Iowa City. But there may be lots more conversation taking place behind the scenes.

If nothing else the prognosticators of recruiting could simply be looking at Iowa's recruiting success in the last 5 months and placing their bets. Can't blame them. What battles have we won and against whom as of late?

I could see Kirk saying to himself at some point before signing day that we need to take one in the hand vs. one in the bush if this things keeps dragging out with another new school being considered by Martin every week. Martin could be saying (even if he is leaning to Iowa) that if certain open staff position/s aren't filled soon he can't write a blank check. Could probably apply the same thinking to any remaining skill position targets. They might want to know their position coach/s.

JUst saw on Twitter that BYU is going all in for Martin..Martin to go on official on 27th I think..they even brought Ty Detmer for an in home

BYU isn't what we all know BYU as. I always think of them with their QB's, throwing the ball around. This past year, they had ~100 more rushing attempts than passing attempts and had more rushing yards than passing yards. I could understand a WR being intrigued by the old BYU, but this is even less of a passing team than Iowa is (or at least compared to what Iowa's been in thew few years before this one). Just don't see it.

I can't recall a local recruitment situation in which I felt like I knew as little as with Martin. The kid is definitely controlling the process. Seems like he may have some fence-mending to do if he stays in Iowa City. But there may be lots more conversation taking place behind the scenes.

Why would he have to mend any fences? He isn't committed to Iowa and obviously hasn't told them anything close to that. The kid is literally looking at all of his options and being very thorough throughout this process which is by far the best way to go about it. I hope he finds the school that fits him best (hopefully Iowa) but if not, whatever I guess. One thing is for sure though, he doesn't need to feel bad about anything. He has handled this recruiting like a real adult.

The fact that Kirk is showing up in other receiving recruits' living rooms, that Martin is looking all over the country and going on other visits, and that there is scuttlebutt that the Iowa coaches have moved on leads me to believe the ship has sailed for Iowa on OM.

BYU isn't what we all know BYU as. I always think of them with their QB's, throwing the ball around. This past year, they had ~100 more rushing attempts than passing attempts and had more rushing yards than passing yards. I could understand a WR being intrigued by the old BYU, but this is even less of a passing team than Iowa is (or at least compared to what Iowa's been in thew few years before this one). Just don't see it.
Their glory days sure were fun though. McMahon Steve Young, Ty Detmer they sure tossed it around back in the day. But yeah that's not what they are anymore. Martin would be a heck of a get for anybody. I'll just plain suck if he goes anywhere but Iowa. But it's just hard to think that he's staying home with the way it's dragged out... Hope I'm wrong

Iowa coaches need to cover their bases. They can't put all their eggs in Martin's basket. (Cliche guy).

We're in dire need of WRs. If we get 5 out of 20-22 verbals, so be it. Take the guys that we offer that want to commit and hold one for OM to the end.

Why would he have to mend any fences? He isn't committed to Iowa and obviously hasn't told them anything close to that. The kid is literally looking at all of his options and being very thorough throughout this process which is by far the best way to go about it. I hope he finds the school that fits him best (hopefully Iowa) but if not, whatever I guess. One thing is for sure though, he doesn't need to feel bad about anything. He has handled this recruiting like a real adult.

That is what I meant by "more conversation behind the scenes." For all we know, he may have told some coaches that he is still serious about staying in Iowa City, but that he wants to explore. If not, I have to think that the staff doesn't appreciate being strung out. Having said that, Martin has every right to do so, and I don't blame him a bit, particularly if he wants to consider seriously going elsewhere.

Iowa coaches need to cover their bases. They can't put all their eggs in Martin's basket. (Cliche guy).

We're in dire need of WRs. If we get 5 out of 20-22 verbals, so be it. Take the guys that we offer that want to commit and hold one for OM to the end.
Cliches are clichés for a reason. This makes sense so we'll see how it plays out. in a few wks

Yessssssss..finally get to post. Jon?Rob? What took so long? I've been creeping this board for years. Anyways, would love to get this kid. Just a hunch, OM waits to sort through the offers and ends up at Iowa. No I'm not an assistant and where's that icke guy? He's a little annoying.

With us going after all these other WRs, and with Martin visiting around, I think he's going elsewhere.

With us going after all these other WRs, and with Martin visiting around, I think he's going elsewhere.

I think we know why all the new offers now. Jay Scheel being done with football, I bet means we take 5 WR if we can. They will take Oliver Martin no matter what if he wanted to come, and the new offers I doubt mean anything other than we need WR desperately.

I think we know why all the new offers now. Jay Scheel being done with football, I bet means we take 5 WR if we can. They will take Oliver Martin no matter what if he wanted to come, and the new offers I doubt mean anything other than we need WR desperately.
Is that confirmed or rumor on Jay?

With Scheel leaving, we would have to see a true freshman at some point next year, right? Vandenburg, smith, Nash, falconer, Boyle are the only ones I know of on the team now. That might appeal to some recruits.

Yessssssss..finally get to post. Jon?Rob? What took so long? I've been creeping this board for years. Anyways, would love to get this kid. Just a hunch, OM waits to sort through the offers and ends up at Iowa. No I'm not an assistant and where's that icke guy? He's a little annoying.

Icke was banned

Latest posts