Oliver Martin update

Not at all suggesting that these factors are directly related, but the loss of Scheel does open the door even wider for Oliver Martin.

Martin, look, the WR depth chart is thinning out. The coaching problems are being addressed. The facilities are brand new. What the hell else do you need to come aboard?

I think we know why all the new offers now. Jay Scheel being done with football, I bet means we take 5 WR if we can. They will take Oliver Martin no matter what if he wanted to come, and the new offers I doubt mean anything other than we need WR desperately.

No, I agree. What I meant was that we were offering to a bunch of people because Martin was looking around and it seemed like the coaching staff had banked on him not coming to Iowa. Obviously, if he said he wanted to play at Iowa, I think (hope) the coaches would have done their best to make it work. Especially with Jay retiring from football.

Lovett & Martin both there this weekend along with others. MSU putting the press on both these guys. I'd be surprised if it were Martin at this point (maybe later) but not so surprised if it were Lovett. MSU writer posting below...........

LUKE SRODULSKI 4:49 PM
Another commit

I'm getting word that Michigan State landed another commitment besides Antjuan Simmons this weekend. The player should be making an announcement within the next couple days.

From twitter a minute ago

"Iowa now competing for Oliver Martin w/ UCLA & Ohio State. UCLA visited Monday, OSU will Thurs. Mich visiting today."

Makes me really uneasy with who we're going against for Oliver. The product they put out on Offense and Schemes are more fun for WRs than what we run.

Getting old hearing about every offer he gets. These young men seem to be treated like gods. It's just a game. Been a hawk fan all my life and I really don't care where he goes. It's his choice and I sure won't lose any sleep either way. We need players that want to be Hawkeyes.

Iowa needs to hire a WR coach already to show Martin who he will be working with for the future.
I don't like the uncertainty either... He'd been working out with McNutt here and there. Be so so nice if say he came on staff in some way but he's the HC for some small time team in CR.

Getting old hearing about every offer he gets. These young men seem to be treated like gods. It's just a game. Been a hawk fan all my life and I really don't care where he goes. It's his choice and I sure won't lose any sleep either way. We need players that want to be Hawkeyes.

Yep. Hope he comes to Iowa but our program will somehow live through it if he doesn't.

Never know what could happen and how a player works out. Look at the high expectations for Jay Scheels. Injuries can change things and sometimes four stars just don't live up to their hype.

Latest posts