Oliver Martin Transfer

Yes. He's burned the redshirt and played one season. Unless he gets a waiver, he'd sit one year and have two to play.

Can he get a hardship waiver for needing to be closer to home and family? For once, it isn't someone from Louisiana saying it as they transfer from U Conn to Arizona State or something like that.

I'm told Oliver Martin is transferring to Iowa and was in the facility today getting a locker and fitted for equipment. Not sure when it will be "official" but according to my source within the program it's a done deal.

Olly Martin's in the fold
gittin donned in black n' gold
Copeland's got a grin
cuz Hawks just wanna win
cept that guy named Drake--thinks Olly is a fake
All wounds heal in time
Goin' Hawk ain't no crime

Last edited:
If you are saying OM is a prima donna looking for special treatment, you're talking out of your ass and making assumptions. From every coach and trainer of his I've spoken to, they say he's one of the hardest workers they have. I know OM and his family. They are humble people.

I’m not sure who this is in reference to, but since it’s immediately following my post without quotes I feel compelled to say that I never insinuated that.

I know they're different sports but if Bolton from PSU who transferred to ISU can apply for a waiver after starting for an entire season then I think Martin has an even better case after barely playing. For the record I don't think either will get one.

Yes. He's burned the redshirt and played one season. Unless he gets a waiver, he'd sit one year and have two to play.

Sorry, Rob...but that's where I'm confused. Thought you had 5 to play 4... unless you got a medical hardship. Do the new "transfer portal" rules change that? One can transfer without loss of year...?

Sorry, Rob...but that's where I'm confused. Thought you had 5 to play 4... unless you got a medical hardship. Do the new "transfer portal" rules change that? One can transfer without loss of year...?
1) He used his redshirt in 2017 (clock starts)

2) Played in 2018

3) “Sit out” year in 2019

4) 3rd year of eligibility in 2020

5) 4th year of eligibility in 2021 (clock ends)

That’s how the 5 to play 4 would work for Martin. 2020 and 2021 would be his two to play.

Latest posts