Oliver Martin Transfer

If his is good a downfield blocking he will fit right in with the hawks. However if he is excellent at running route patterns and breaking into the clear he will be of no use to us. (Sarcasm??? Not really.)

Ironic if he comes to Iowa as we lost a quarterback to Michigan who went on to accomplish MVP in a significant bowl game instead of being an in between middle man peddler between the Iowa center and the Iowa running backs (what a waste of QB talent and arm for three years at Iowa).

Salute to the totally lack of offensive creativity and developmental abilities of the Iowa offensive coaching staff. Slow, boring, slug it out on the ground, pig headiness Iowa offense. Chickens have more air time than Iowa’s offense and we know chickens don’t fly.

If your not a tight end and you have any kind of receiving ability you have to be tool to come to Iowa. As painful as it is to admit that, it is the truth. Fleet footed highly talented receivers are to Kirk what high quality all big ten point guards are to Fran. It’s the Iowa way. Now run that damn ball into eight men in the box.

or 9; 9 is good

I have no idea. But at that age, girlfriends can have a lot of influence. Many of us have made decisions that were semi-rational at best because of women.

tell me about it! I'm about to fly to the Philippines!

To me, if he wants to come back, let him. He’s probably more talented than the current group, and the Hawks can always use the help at the wideouts.

Jeesh I hope you're not cat fished bro. Good luck.

no, I talk to her face to face on Facebook every day for the last 5 months61659403_2262662157142817_3147368054736814080_n.jpg , she's a real person. She's going to graduate college in Oct, Criminal Justice.

From a 2016 article in Iowa City paper ...................

“The kid works his butt off,” said Marvin McNutt, Iowa’s all-time leading receiver and one of Martin’s personal coaches. “He literally will just keep going all day until the tank is empty.”

Kind of shoots down the theory the kid just wants stuff handed to him and doesn't work.
Right. It's kinda tough for a 6'1 185ish lb hs wr to stand out and become a 4 star recruit nowadays. To get as good as he got he had to work his butt off at all the finer points of the game. Sure hes fast enough and can jump. But the route running timing and his hands being what they are takes reps and reps and reps.

My guess is if he decides in a short period of time hes a Hawk. But if he drags this out looking around the snake oil salesmen like the guys in Lincoln Minneapolis and Ames will be just laying it on thick. He fell for that kind of thing once so who knows... What I do know is if he does become a Hawk we should do some back flips and know our receiving corp is in great shape for the foreseeable future

Right. It's kinda tough for a 6'1 185ish lb hs wr to stand out and become a 4 star recruit nowadays. To get as good as he got he had to work his butt off at all the finer points of the game. Sure hes fast enough and can jump. But the route running timing and his hands being what they are takes reps and reps and reps.

My guess is if he decides in a short period of time hes a Hawk. But if he drags this out looking around the snake oil salesmen like the guys in Lincoln Minneapolis and Ames will be just laying it on thick. He fell for that kind of thing once so who knows... What I do know is if he does become a Hawk we should do some back flips and know our receiving corp is in great shape for the foreseeable future

Martin could reasonably start for any of the mentioned schools. I'm sure that is an enticing factor, but I believe he was never really happy in Michigan. 1 reason...the kid is a Hawk.

I have the perfect win/win scenario

He comes to Iowa, which makes true Hawkeyes happy

And he gets beat out for a starting spot by Jace Andregg - which makes the HaterHawkeyes happy

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Poor Ian. He's totally getting catfished. At least he'll be by the ocean and can drown his sorrows with drinks or salt water.

We're gonna need more pics, please.

I told u my posts were dazzling;
'Oh ye of little faith' lol. and all she's wearing is a little lipstick. Filipino women are GOR_GOUS! you guys should look into it!

giphy.gif

I'm told Oliver Martin is transferring to Iowa and was in the facility today getting a locker and fitted for equipment. Not sure when it will be "official" but according to my source within the program it's a done deal.

If you are saying OM is a prima donna looking for special treatment, you're talking out of your ass and making assumptions. From every coach and trainer of his I've spoken to, they say he's one of the hardest workers they have. I know OM and his family. They are humble people.

Last edited:
Martin could reasonably start for any of the mentioned schools. I'm sure that is an enticing factor, but I believe he was never really happy in Michigan. 1 reason...the kid is a Hawk.

As of this moment I'm not sure he's a Hawk. Not saying he won't be but if he were "a Hawk" he'd of been a Hawk rather than a Wolverine. That's not saying that we all don't make mistakes in life and hit rock bottom before turning things around lol.

Do you suppose convo went:

OM: "Hey Khaki Pants. I gotta go as my heart just isn't here with you any more."

JH: "But Ollie, I jumped in a pool for you!"

OM: "Sorry bro, don't call me, I'll call you."

I really hope he transfers to Iowa, we need good receivers like him. I was bummed when he announced he was going to Michigan.

Latest posts