Oh Jesus, really?????????????????? (see duplicate thread soon to be posted)

I thank the Spaghetti Monster every day that police officers like those 5 POs in IC are standing between me and the criminals that would take advantage of man babies like you if you were a police officer. And if the boogie man comes to your house we all know who you are gonna call too.
That's because you are the typical coward of an American and enjoy giving your rights and your power away. I don't need anyone standing between me and the 'criminals', thank you....You probably think there are terrorists around every corner, don't ya..."Help me, save me..." You people are just sad....

You guys are missing the point. The police better make sure they have good information before they go drawing their weapons on innocent civilians. The suspect was a black man in black clothing doesn't cut it, especially in Iowa city where iowa students wear their team colors regularly (how unusual for a football player to be wearing black). With our technology, they could have had a pic of the guy in a matter of moments and sent to their phones, but even without that, the suspect looked nothing like Faith and it was hotter than hell on the 20th, so I doubt if Faith was walking around in a hooded sweatshirt.....Does he look anything like this guy except that he has darker skin? His skin isn't anywhere near as dark as Faith's, but like I said, all black men look the same don't they...Good greif...YOU BETTER KNOW WHO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BEFORE YOU DRAW YOU WEAPON ON AN INNOCENT CIVILIAN...No excuse for this incident.....
AR-160729962.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1596

Faith was approached 10 MINUTES after the robbery was reported. The bank security wouldn't have had time to create this picture, let alone get it to the ICPD, and then have them get it to all on-duty officers. And they didn't draw their weapons on him because he looked like the suspect, they drew them because A) they had reason to believe the suspect was armed B) Faith had his headphones in and was unable to hear the officers, therefore he did not comply with them and C) Reached into his pocket for his phone.

Everyone is overreacting because we assume that police offers are omnipotent individuals who should be immediately aware of every aspect of every situation based on the most minor of details. Look at it form the officers' perspectives:

They find an individual matching the very vague description of the suspect given at the time (black male in black sweatshirt) near the area the crime happened.

When asked to comply, Faith does not (because he can't hear them, but how are the officers supposed to know that?).

Then Faith reaches into his pocket (again, not with malicious intent, but again, how can the police be sure?). THEN the officers draw their weapons. They did not draw their weapons simply because they found the possible suspect or because they did not comply, they drew because Faith (unknowingly) made a gesture that can EASILY be misconstrued as a threat.

And Faith showed very impressive composure. With 4 gun barrels in his face, he complied with the officers in a very reasonable manner, and everything was cleared up very quickly.

And I find it silly that we're arguing when the result of the situation was the BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME. No one was hurt, Faith was not arrested or charged, the officers realized their mistake and let him go on his way. This situation was handled with the utmost professionalism, and in my opinion, is a non-issue.

Faith was approached 10 MINUTES after the robbery was reported. The bank security wouldn't have had time to create this picture, let alone get it to the ICPD, and then have them get it to all on-duty officers. And they didn't draw their weapons on him because he looked like the suspect, they drew them because A) they had reason to believe the suspect was armed B) Faith had his headphones in and was unable to hear the officers, therefore he did not comply with them and C) Reached into his pocket for his phone.

Everyone is overreacting because we assume that police offers are omnipotent individuals who should be immediately aware of every aspect of every situation based on the most minor of details. Look at it form the officers' perspectives:

They find an individual matching the very vague description of the suspect given at the time (black male in black sweatshirt) near the area the crime happened.

When asked to comply, Faith does not (because he can't hear them, but how are the officers supposed to know that?).

Then Faith reaches into his pocket (again, not with malicious intent, but again, how can the police be sure?). THEN the officers draw their weapons. They did not draw their weapons simply because they found the possible suspect or because they did not comply, they drew because Faith (unknowingly) made a gesture that can EASILY be misconstrued as a threat.

And Faith showed very impressive composure. With 4 gun barrels in his face, he complied with the officers in a very reasonable manner, and everything was cleared up very quickly.

And I find it silly that we're arguing when the result of the situation was the BEST POSSIBLE OUTCOME. No one was hurt, Faith was not arrested or charged, the officers realized their mistake and let him go on his way. This situation was handled with the utmost professionalism, and in my opinion, is a non-issue.
You believe putting an innocent civilians life in danger and terrorizing him is the 'best possible outcome'? No, competent policing would have been the 'best outcome''. You don't look for and jeapardize lives without good information. How long does it take you to get a picture to someone? LOL A bank doesn't have the technology to get a picture 'created' in a matter of minutes? Really? What, are they using sketch artists sitting in the lobby? You don't KILL and jeapardize on minor details, you get the freakin details...for their safety and ours

Wow, you've got me pegged, Barney...With your powers of deduction, you must be a cop, LOL. Listen sonny, I served in the 101st Airborne inf. and was in Afghanistan and Iraq so I've faced more than most cops and certainly more than you. If somebody 'creeped' into my house, I certainly wouldn't call the cops and no one would ever find the body. Law enforcemnt will be glad to know they have someone of your mentality and maturity standing up for them , lol. When you learn a little something about the world, get back to me, otherwise save your 'outbursts' for someone of your own 'level'.

If somebody 'creeped' into my house, I certainly wouldn't call the cops and no one would ever find the body.

Well I certainly don't think any police officers I know could top that action. I'm just wondering why somebody with your idea of justice would be concerned about how a police officer would approach and search an armed robbery suspect.

You are right. I was never in those places. To old, but if I were 18 instead of 50 I probably would have been. I was in the Navy once though. Way back in 68. I do thank you for your service too. And I did get over the top with my ire. I had no idea I was dealing with an Airborne infantryman. I can't imagine the brain power it takes to be one of those people. I bet you are an expert on all ways of the world. You certainly are a bad ass. I mean killing people and hiding their bodies. Jeebus, I wouldn't want to cross your path. I'll take my chances with those low IQ cops on the IC police dept.

Oh yeah, I just want the people who run HN to know that i'm done with this. No need to ban me. This is not the place for this BS. IMO this is the best and most informative Hawkeye site on the net. I wouldn't want to lose my right to come on here.

Last edited:
So civilian lives and widows taken are not worth as much? Seriously?

Using your analysis, to the civilian family. "He sort of matched the robbery suspect. I was afraid for my life. Better his than mine". OK, I get it.

Quit while you're only a lap behind. "Shooting" is the last resort. Drawing a gun is not. And reading comprehension is awesome once you grasp it.

Quit while you're only a lap behind. "Shooting" is the last resort. Drawing a gun is not. And reading comprehension is awesome once you grasp it.

Not everyone agrees that it was OK. So? Business Insider has a slightly different version of what Faith had to say. Isn't packaged as neatly as some of you want to hear.

In addition, a generation ago even drawing a gun often led to being taken off the street while an investigation went on.

Suppose a brown haired blue eyed male was the robbery suspect and weighted 270 pounds. While walking along in a park the police pulled guns on you while looking for a 150 pound brown haired blue eyed male.... Supposed you were a 270 pound male. Major screw ups here.

When I quit posting about it, won't be because of your comment.

If somebody 'creeped' into my house, I certainly wouldn't call the cops and no one would ever find the body.

Well I certainly don't think any police officers I know could top that action. I'm just wondering why somebody with your idea of justice would be concerned about how a police officer would approach and search an armed robbery suspect.

You are right. I was never in those places. To old, but if I were 18 instead of 50 I probably would have been. I was in the Navy once though. Way back in 68. I do thank you for your service too. And I did get over the top with my ire. I had no idea I was dealing with an Airborne infantryman. I can't imagine the brain power it takes to be one of those people. I bet you are an expert on all ways of the world. You certainly are a bad ass. I mean killing people and hiding their bodies. Jeebus, I wouldn't want to cross your path. I'll take my chances with those low IQ cops on the IC police dept.

Oh yeah, I just want the people who run HN to know that i'm done with this. No need to ban me. This is not the place for this BS. IMO this is the best and most informative Hawkeye site on the net. I wouldn't want to lose my right to come on here.
You were in the Navy in 68? You claim to be 50, which means you were born in 65 or 66....You were in the navy when you were 2? Listen skippy, I get 'over the top' myself sometimes, but we have law enforcement problems in this country and being in denial about it, or 'standing behind them' wrong or right, isn't going to solve a thing. And it's not going to make 'them' any safer nor us. In order to improve anything, you must first acknowledge it's shortcomings...You cannot solve problems until you own them..........You can have the last word, I'm done. Have a great day and 'Go Hawks'.......................................

How long does it take you to get a picture to someone? LOL A bank doesn't have the technology to get a picture 'created' in a matter of minutes? Really? What, are they using sketch artists sitting in the lobby?

When my wife's checkbook was stolen and the thief used a check to withdrawal money from our account, it took the bank (BOA) 3 1/2 days to provide the police a picture of the thief. Granted, it wasn't an armed robbery, but you'd be surprised at how slow banks move at all levels.

We are all guilty of this, including you. It is the world we live in today. When was the last time you said: "I got this wrong" or better yet "I don't know".

Whenever it's appropriate and as recently as this morning. Knowing your limitations is one of the nice benefits of experience and maturity.

Last edited:
Reactions: trj
You were in the Navy in 68? You claim to be 50, which means you were born in 65 or 66....You were in the navy when you were 2? Listen skippy, I get 'over the top' myself sometimes, but we have law enforcement problems in this country and being in denial about it, or 'standing behind them' wrong or right, isn't going to solve a thing. And it's not going to make 'them' any safer nor us. In order to improve anything, you must first acknowledge it's shortcomings...You cannot solve problems until you own them..........You can have the last word, I'm done. Have a great day and 'Go Hawks'.......................................

I said I was done with this and I should be. But I was 40 when Desert storm took place. 52 when the Afghanistan invasion started. Born in 1949. I happen to be 66 now soon to be 67. I know we have some bad cops out there but you were blowing it so far out of proportion it just makes me sick. You insinuate all police officers are untrained Gestapo. I get mad and throw a few insults and you come back with that low IQ BS. You showed your true colors when you posted your I'm a badass and don't need the police post.

Spot freaking on. That's the way I interpret this situation.

You believe putting an innocent civilians life in danger and terrorizing him is the 'best possible outcome'? No, competent policing would have been the 'best outcome''. You don't look for and jeapardize lives without good information. How long does it take you to get a picture to someone? LOL A bank doesn't have the technology to get a picture 'created' in a matter of minutes? Really? What, are they using sketch artists sitting in the lobby? You don't KILL and jeapardize on minor details, you get the freakin details...for their safety and ours

Nobody knew he was an innocent civilian until after the fact. It's so easy to know what to do after the fact. I'm on the cops side here.

1997? With these untrained, out of control cops in IC there surely has to be some more recent examples.

Do you have any clue what you just said? Wow. So what is the acceptable margin of error here? 1 in 5 years? 1 in 10? 1 in 1 year?

Do you have any clue what you just said? Wow. So what is the acceptable margin of error here? 1 in 5 years? 1 in 10? 1 in 1 year?
Oh, gee, I feel so bad now. I'm such a callous person. Give me a break.

I didn't read any other articles other than the 1 you posted, but it appears that what happened in 1997 was indeed a tragedy. But also has little or no relevance to what happened to Ekakitie.

Oh, gee, I feel so bad now. I'm such a callous person. Give me a break.

I didn't read any other articles other than the 1 you posted, but it appears that what happened in 1997 was indeed a tragedy. But also has little or no relevance to what happened to Ekakitie.

Guns, guns pulled...Kind of relevant don't ya think?

The ignorance of some, and the attempt to just promote an agenda are crazy to me. The police handled this situation with professionalism, and Faith was cooperative and made the polices job easier. Watch and actually see what happened before you spout off.

https://www.icgov.org/news/iowa-cit...video-park-interaction-following-bank-robbery

That video really destroys the narrative in this thread that most cops are basically KKK members with a badge. It certainly reflects well on Faith - the cops - and Kirk Ferentz for teaching young men to respect authority.

Latest posts