Oh Jesus, really?????????????????? (see duplicate thread soon to be posted)

The ignorance of some, and the attempt to just promote an agenda are crazy to me. The police handled this situation with professionalism, and Faith was cooperative and made the polices job easier. Watch and actually see what happened before you spout off.

https://www.icgov.org/news/iowa-cit...video-park-interaction-following-bank-robbery

ehhh, You are not changing my mind on this. I am glad cooler heads prevailed which could have been a very ugly story, a story that would have went national. A story that Barta and Ferentz really don't have a playbook for. The video made me more impressed with FE than ICPD.

That video really destroys the narrative in this thread that most cops are basically KKK members with a badge. It certainly reflects well on Faith - the cops - and Kirk Ferentz for teaching young men to respect authority.

We all know what happens when you don't respect authority.

slave.jpg

ehhh, You are not changing my mind on this. I am glad cooler heads prevailed which could have been a very ugly story, a story that would have went national. A story that Barta and Ferentz really don't have a playbook for. The video made me more impressed with FE than ICPD.

I get it, even video evidence won't change the mind of those with an agenda/narrative they want to push

We all know what happens when you don't respect authority.

slave.jpg

Wow, you are seriously ****ed up.

So the cops didn't shout at him - didn't draw their guns - didn't make him get down on the ground - didn't insult him - and took some time to return his ID because it was a Canadian DL and thus couldn't provide them with background info.

So what would you have done differently? Lemme guess, instead of answering the question you're gonna post another non-sequitur.

Wow, you are seriously ****ed up.

So the cops didn't shout at him - didn't draw their guns - didn't make him get down on the ground - didn't insult him - and took some time to return his ID because it was a Canadian DL and thus couldn't provide them with background info.

So what would you have done differently? Lemme guess, instead of answering the question you're gonna post another non-sequitur.
Are you blind? You can clearly see one of the officers with a gun drawn and later one of the officers stated he was going to reholster. Also, the footage started after they already made audible contact with him.

Last edited:
You guys are missing the point. The police better make sure they have good information before they go drawing their weapons on innocent civilians. The suspect was a black man in black clothing doesn't cut it, especially in Iowa city where iowa students wear their team colors regularly (how unusual for a football player to be wearing black). With our technology, they could have had a pic of the guy in a matter of moments and sent to their phones, but even without that, the suspect looked nothing like Faith and it was hotter than hell on the 20th, so I doubt if Faith was walking around in a hooded sweatshirt.....Does he look anything like this guy except that he has darker skin? His skin isn't anywhere near as dark as Faith's, but like I said, all black men look the same don't they...Good greif...YOU BETTER KNOW WHO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BEFORE YOU DRAW YOU WEAPON ON AN INNOCENT CIVILIAN...No excuse for this incident.....
AR-160729962.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1596
[/QUOTEIcke
You guys are missing the point. The police better make sure they have good information before they go drawing their weapons on innocent civilians. The suspect was a black man in black clothing doesn't cut it, especially in Iowa city where iowa students wear their team colors regularly (how unusual for a football player to be wearing black). With our technology, they could have had a pic of the guy in a matter of moments and sent to their phones, but even without that, the suspect looked nothing like Faith and it was hotter than hell on the 20th, so I doubt if Faith was walking around in a hooded sweatshirt.....Does he look anything like this guy except that he has darker skin? His skin isn't anywhere near as dark as Faith's, but like I said, all black men look the same don't they...Good greif...YOU BETTER KNOW WHO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BEFORE YOU DRAW YOU WEAPON ON AN INNOCENT CIVILIAN...No excuse for this incident.....
AR-160729962.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1596

Icke, unless and until armed bank robbers start leaving their names and address for cops to find them, the only information police are likely to have is a physical description. And to expect a cop to not have their gun drawn when they believe they are approaching a bank robbery suspect, who is armed, would neuter everyone's safety because there wouldn't be any cops. Who the hell would want to be a cop when the rules are you have to give the bad guy the first shot? Why aren't people upset with the person that caused an innocent man to have to go through this? Let's not forget that an armed robbery occurred.

Anyone familiar with law enforcement, knows why they kept asking questions. LE are trained to seek law violations. I wonder what would have happened if he didn't have an ID on his person or exercised his 5th amendment rights.

What I really want to know is why they didn't release the other officers' body cams, only 2 of them. Bodycam #2 started after they already searched him.

Last edited:
I get it, even video evidence won't change the mind of those with an agenda/narrative they want to push

Stop with the buzzwords like narrative, paradigm, worldview, blah,blah,blah,.......I just interpret the situation differently than you do. If you want to make this about political ideology, that's fine, you can go ahead and push your agenda, bro.

Icke, unless and until armed bank robbers start leaving their names and address for cops to find them, the only information police are likely to have is a physical description. And to expect a cop to not have their gun drawn when they believe they are approaching a bank robbery suspect, who is armed, would neuter everyone's safety because there wouldn't be any cops. Who the hell would want to be a cop when the rules are you have to give the bad guy the first shot? Why aren't people upset with the person that caused an innocent man to have to go through this? Let's not forget that an armed robbery occurred.

The American grievance industry is in full hyperbole mode in this thread. Do ya ever get the impression that the only thing that would make them happy is a race war?

Are you blind? You can clearly see one of the officers with a gun drawn and later one of the officers stated he was going to reholster. Also, the footage started after they already made audible contact with him.

If you were a cop and you were approaching a suspect described as armed and dangerous, would you do so with your gun in your hand or in your holster? Further, would you expect an innocent person to cooperate with your commands?

If you were a cop and you were approaching a suspect described as armed and dangerous, would you do so with your gun in your hand or in your holster? Further, would you expect an innocent person to cooperate with your commands?
You missed the part about the video starting well after they made verbal contact with him. Don't you wonder why they didn't show footage before or footage from the other officers that were there?

They holstered their weapons once it was established he was responsive to instructions. You must be blind not to recognize that. And you must be daft not to understand they were looking for an armed bank robber. You haven't won the "most pathetic" award yet. But that's only because there is so much intense competition for it in this thread.

I'll ask again - WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENT?

vvvvv look, vvvvv he ignored the question

They holstered their weapons once it was established he was responsive to instructions. You must be blind not to recognize that. And you must be daft not to understand they were looking for an armed bank robber. You haven't won the "most pathetic" award yet. But that's only because there is so much intense competition for it in this thread.
You claimed that they "didn't draw their guns." I catch you in a lie and you respond with more insults. What a fun thread.

Other information I also want is to hear the description given by dispatch. There is some debate going on whether the cops were given the description of 150lbs or not.

Aren't you the poster who listens to cowturd even though you describe his show as idiocy and not worth listening to?

Says a lot about you, doesn't it.

Aren't you the poster who listens to cowturd even though you describe his show as idiocy and not worth listening to?

Says a lot about you, doesn't it.
Again, more insults. No, I do not listen to him. I noticed someone's post about it on facebook. You lied about them not drawing their weapons and I caught you in the lie. Nothing more, nothing less. Have a nice day.

I'll ask again - WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE DIFFERENT?

vvvvv look, vvvvv he ignored the question
Really, because you only see one of the officers briefly and he still had his weapon out of the holster. Also, the way she is angled, I can tell she had her weapon drawn as well and she's right handed. Doesn't take a genius to figure this out.

Really, because you only see one of the officers briefly and he still had his weapon out of the holster. Also, the way she is angled, I can tell she had her weapon drawn as well and she's right handed. Doesn't take a genius to figure this out.
Did you even watch the video? Sure he has his gun out, but down at his side. He doesn't even have the barrel pointed towards Faith. Scary, but not actually weapon drawn on Faith. More as a precaution to let him know who they were. And again, why shouldn't they have drawn their weapons? They were looking for an ARMED robbery suspect, and when they found someone who fit the vague description they were given, the individual did not comply at first when approached by officers. They had every right to feel suspicious and possibly threatened. Of course, Faith wasn't the guy they were looking for, but HOW ARE THEY SUPPOSED TO KNOW? Everyone in this thread who is outraged is not considering the officers' perspectives in this situation. And considering what little information they had and the situation they were presented with, I'd say they handled it pretty damn admirably.

I am glad I withheld judgement until I saw more details. From the details in the video it appears that the situation was handled professionally by the police. The female officer signaled that the suspect had earphones on, and probably could not hear. The one gun that I saw drawn was not pointed at the suspect. The police appears to be conducting themselves in a controlled manor. They gave themselves enough time to assess the situation. An important detail, at least in my mind. And no, they weren't bunched up.

Frankly, I don't see this issue as being for one side and against the other. Most officers are doing their job. Some of them aren't particularly good at it, for one reason or another, as you will see in any profession. I still see enough abuse, bias, and incompetence for police brutality to be a legitimate political concern. However, I don't see anything in this specific incident that remotely qualifies as police misconduct.

Guns, guns pulled...Kind of relevant don't ya think?
No, I don't think it's relevant. I would suspect that none of the people involved with Ekakitie were involved in the 1979 shooting. Each instance where police guns are drawn is unique. There is a nearly 20 year gap between the 2 incidents; time is important when it comes to relevance.

I guess when some civil rights attorney is trying to talk Faith into filing a suit, the attorney's selling point is "Hey, this is a slam dunk, I've got this precedent back from 1979".