Oh Jesus, really?????????????????? (see duplicate thread soon to be posted)

Anyone who hasn't seen the Chris Rock "how to not get beat up by police" video should Google it now. It's pretty funny.

I can picture many black athletes saying "iowa city and risk getting shot by the cops

I don't think they will be intimidated, but I could see a black recruit saying that he doesn't want to get shot over a case of mistaken identity so he won't go play in Iowa City.

Why did you delete your post saying that the police are the real threat to civil society?

<<Pulling a gun should be the last response, not the first>>

When YOU get to go make "the visit" to a police widow/er, you can always comfort them with that thought.

"Hey, s/he did it the right way. S/he didn't draw down on the scumbag who shot her/him in cold blood. High five!"

So civilian lives and widows taken are not worth as much? Seriously?

Using your analysis, to the civilian family. "He sort of matched the robbery suspect. I was afraid for my life. Better his than mine". OK, I get it.

Yeah,

HG, when I was in high school I worked for a pizza joint. One Sunday night, I was robbed at gun point; with the guns barrel less than an inch from my nose. I'm sure Faith with be fine. I can promise you I would have loved to have had the police be there.

You are doing exactly what is wrong with this country, you are sensationalizing the purported facts of what happened and drawing a conclusion that Faith, himself, didn't even draw. Faith thanked the police for treating the situation professionally.

So, let me ask you. Let's say the police did see the real bank robber but decided that they couldn't be 100% sure it was the real robber, so they didn't approach him. Then let's say the bank robber goes to another bank, or grocery store or pizza joint, tries to rob it and winds up shooting someone and killing them. Now, let's say that someone is someone you know or love. Wouldn't you wish the police had approached the suspect that matched the description?

No, you don't know that he fine because you were. PTSD works differently for different people. You are also reading into his statement. He was not letting them off the hook at all.

You are in fact doing what is wrong in the country. You are trivializing lives. Changes do in fact need to be made.

I'll think like you do, when the "good cops" stop shielding the "bad cops" from accountability.

I see some of what your saying, but see no difference between that and people playing dumb to protect a criminal or not wanting to give any information to the police. I live in a place where crime continually get's worse and ironically in the areas that need the most policing, and the largest amount of crime is occurring, no one seems to see or know anything during an investigation and remain quiet protecting their own.

IMO its not a police issue, It's not a criminal issue. Its not a race issue. It's an issue about community's working together to bring the community back together and finding a ways to make things better.

Yeah,

HG, when I was in high school I worked for a pizza joint. One Sunday night, I was robbed at gun point; with the guns barrel less than an inch from my nose. I'm sure Faith with be fine. I can promise you I would have loved to have had the police be there.

You are doing exactly what is wrong with this country, you are sensationalizing the purported facts of what happened and drawing a conclusion that Faith, himself, didn't even draw. Faith thanked the police for treating the situation professionally.

So, let me ask you. Let's say the police did see the real bank robber but decided that they couldn't be 100% sure it was the real robber, so they didn't approach him. Then let's say the bank robber goes to another bank, or grocery store or pizza joint, tries to rob it and winds up shooting someone and killing them. Now, let's say that someone is someone you know or love. Wouldn't you wish the police had approached the suspect that matched the description?

You win.

I should also add that I don't buy the fact that the majority of the "good cops" are shielding the "bad cops" from accountability. I think the majority of those that get into law enforcement do it to make society a better place and to help people. Sure you have a few that got in it for the wrong reasons, but I simply don't believe they all shield the "bad ones".

No, you don't know that he fine because you were. PTSD works differently for different people. You are also reading into his statement. He was not letting them off the hook at all.

You are in fact doing what is wrong in the country. You are trivializing lives. Changes do in fact need to be made.

I am not trivializing anything. My statements were based on common sense. The main purpose of the police is to protect ALL citizens from harm. That means they have to chase and capture the bad guys. When a crime is literally in progress, the police can only use the information they have at hand. In this case it was a description of the bank robber: "large black man wearing all black with something on his head." HG, this happened within 2 minutes of the robbery call and 1 block from the robbery. Common sense tells us that you simply cannot disregard those facts.

So for those of you that feel he was 'approached' wrong... How should he have been? I mean exactly what do the arm chair police here feel the correct way to approach a possible armed bank robber that doesn't respond to verbal commands initially is? If anything this sounds like the text book way of how to handle it. Sure Faith was guilty of being at he wrong place at the wrong time. People are guilty of no less than that all the time with far worse out comes. Did Faith mention what the races/genders of the 4 officers are? Not that it should matter at all I'm just curious. Next question to me that's far more relevant than all this is have they caught the real guy yet?

I am not trivializing anything. My statements were based on common sense. The main purpose of the police is to protect ALL citizens from harm. That means they have to chase and capture the bad guys. When a crime is literally in progress, the police can only use the information they have at hand. In this case it was a description of the bank robber: "large black man wearing all black with something on his head." HG, this happened within 2 minutes of the robbery call and 1 block from the robbery. Common sense tells us that you simply cannot disregard those facts.

I am very sorry Faith got caught up in that situation, but the people who think the police should approach an armed robbery suspect, and that's what he was at the time, like he was suspected of spitting on the sidewalk are BSC.

You guys are missing the point. The police better make sure they have good information before they go drawing their weapons on innocent civilians. The suspect was a black man in black clothing doesn't cut it, especially in Iowa city where iowa students wear their team colors regularly (how unusual for a football player to be wearing black). With our technology, they could have had a pic of the guy in a matter of moments and sent to their phones, but even without that, the suspect looked nothing like Faith and it was hotter than hell on the 20th, so I doubt if Faith was walking around in a hooded sweatshirt.....Does he look anything like this guy except that he has darker skin? His skin isn't anywhere near as dark as Faith's, but like I said, all black men look the same don't they...Good greif...YOU BETTER KNOW WHO YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BEFORE YOU DRAW YOU WEAPON ON AN INNOCENT CIVILIAN...No excuse for this incident.....
AR-160729962.jpg&MaxH=1400&MaxW=1596

Oh, and I can recognize someone playing Pokemon go in a second, but what do I know, I haven't had the 'crack' training that these geniuses have....and there lies part of the problem...they 'purposely' hire 'lower achievers' who will follow orders and 'crack heads'...They don't want any intelligent people who can think for themselves.

Welcome to 2016 where everybody is an expert on things they've never done and know little about.

We are all guilty of this, including you. It is the world we live in today. When was the last time you said: "I got this wrong" or better yet "I don't know".

Oh, and I can recognize someone playing Pokemon go in a second, but what do I know, I haven't had the 'crack' training that these geniuses have....and there lies part of the problem...they 'purposely' hire 'lower achievers' who will follow orders and 'crack heads'...They don't want any intelligent people who can think for themselves.
Court OKs Barring High IQs for Cops

"A man whose bid to become a police officer was rejected after he scored too high on an intelligence test has lost an appeal in his federal lawsuit against the city."

http://abcnews.go.com/US/court-oks-barring-high-iqs-cops/story?id=95836

What this seems to boil down to is some people are in the camp that believe cops should be held to a lower standard, while others believe that cops should be held to a higher standard or at least to the same standard as your average citizen.

You are so full of BS it's coming out your ears. If the boogie man comes creeping into your house. We all know who you're going to call. Then you'll bitch your ass off if they don't get there fast enough and catch him in 5 minutes. You wouldn't make a pimple on most police officer's ass so you can take that low achiever BS and shove it up yours. If you had to confront some of the life long criminals that a lot these police officers have to face you would turn tail and run like the self serving little man baby you are.

What this seems to boil down to is some people are in the camp that believe cops should be held to a lower standard, while others believe that cops should be held to a higher standard or at least to the same standard as your average citizen.

I thank the Spaghetti Monster every day that police officers like those 5 POs in IC are standing between me and the criminals that would take advantage of man babies like you if you were a police officer. And if the boogie man comes to your house we all know who you are gonna call too.

I am sure the police in Ames are very uncomfortable now. Any grossly over weight 350 pound guy with a dumb look on their face has to be thinking all they have to do is put on red clothing and they could rob any bank in Ames and never be detected as they calmly slumber down the sidewalk.

Ames Dispatch: "Attention all available officers we have a report of a bank robbery in the downtown area. The suspect is described as a white male approximately 5'8" to 5'9" tall and weighing about 375 pounds. Suspect is wearing dirty baggy blue jeans and wearing a torn red shirt with gold writing on the shirt. Suspect was believed to be carrying a Twinkie in his hand. Use extreme caution!!!" "Dispatch this is car 3412 and I have suspect in site.......no wait........pause........ Oh my God the suspects are everywhere!" :eek:

You are so full of BS it's coming out your ears. If the boogie man comes creeping into your house. We all know who you're going to call. Then you'll bitch your ass off if they don't get there fast enough and catch him in 5 minutes. You wouldn't make a pimple on most police officer's ass so you can take that low achiever BS and shove it up yours. If you had to confront some of the life long criminals that a lot these police officers have to face you would turn tail and run like the self serving little man baby you are.
Wow, you've got me pegged, Barney...With your powers of deduction, you must be a cop, LOL. Listen sonny, I served in the 101st Airborne inf. and was in Afghanistan and Iraq so I've faced more than most cops and certainly more than you. If somebody 'creeped' into my house, I certainly wouldn't call the cops and no one would ever find the body. Law enforcemnt will be glad to know they have someone of your mentality and maturity standing up for them , lol. When you learn a little something about the world, get back to me, otherwise save your 'outbursts' for someone of your own 'level'.

Latest posts