Oh Jesus, really?????????????????? (see duplicate thread soon to be posted)

I agree with you. People call it profiling because he was black. I call it common sense.

Yep, not profiling. Not even the same situation so can't compare. Profiling is when an officer pulls over a vehicle for absolutely no reason other than the race of the person driving the vehicle. In this case, there was a robbery and description of the suspect.

WTF are you talking about now? Every black man is a suspect or a criminal until they prove it to a cop? Besides being black he DID NOT fit the description of the bank robber in any way shape or form. Was he thin? No. Was he wearing a hoodie? No. Was he wearing black shorts? No. You 'people' are too stupid and racist to live. He was an innocent civilian that they had no 'right' to detain and absolutely no right to search his personal belongings. It's ignorant 'people' like you and a few other DB's on this site that allowed the Nazi's to come to power. Please keep enlightening all of us with your wonderful 'opinions'.........I'd love to meet some of you 'people' to see who you really are and see if there are really people this stupid running amok....You and Melrose, etc. are simply amazing........

Bro, how many times do I have to tell you to stop planting the American flag upside down????????

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/14/iowan-accused-desecrating-us-flag-in-oil-pipeline-protest.html

No, when the gun is drawn, the chances of an accidental shooting go up. Without even thinking much about it I can think of 2 high profile cases where a black male was shot accidentally by police. One was recently in Florida and the other in Oklahoma. The officers responded the same when asked the question, "why did you shoot?".. The answer, "I don't know".

In addition, the emotional scarring that young man will suffer will last a lifetime.

The militarization tactics of police has got to stop. How many robbers are going to be walking around looking at their phone with earbuds on minutes after the robbery without changing clothes first. The answer is only the mentally challenged. Being mentally challenged should not warrant a death sentence. This isn't WW2 era Germany.
You watch too many movies. If you think robbery suspects aren't caught near the scene you would be wrong. It was within minutes. Would you prefer cops to mosey past a person walking two blocks from your house if the alarm just sounded and there was a forced open front door with your satin underwear collection missing??

You do not do it with guns drawn. If it had been your kid I can guarantee you would feel differently. Since the subject was preoccupied, they should have approached the subject from different angles out of the line of fire. This is serious business. Someone getting killed or wounded that is innocent isn't justified to catch the criminal who at this point had never discharged. Does anyone know if the real robber ever presented an actual weapon? Even if so, would if it had been a male who was dressed in the same out fit but of the race of your child, how would you feel? An officer (4 in this case) presenting a weapon that could be accidentally discharged likely was not yet warranted. Presenting a weapon in a threat of force is a serious action. Maybe you've missed the "accidental" police shootings. The officers should be suspended while an external investigation is done. Were the guns unholstered or actually aimed? We do not live in a police state. They are to protect and serve. Not scare and intimidate. There are a number of things that could have been done differently. Were their other people in the vicinity?

Pulling a gun should be the last response, not the first.
Yes, a armed bank robber should be given the benefit of a doubt. Maybe a handshake and proper introduction would suffice, you know they would be receptive to that, after all, most civilized people rob banks. And if the cop was your family member I'm sure you would tell them your tactics so they don't hurt anyones feelings.

You watch too many movies. If you think robbery suspects aren't caught near the scene you would be wrong. It was within minutes. Would you prefer cops to mosey past a person walking two blocks from your house if the alarm just sounded and there was a forced open front door with your satin underwear collection missing??

Welcome to the board newbie. And btw, HawkGold is a good guy you can disagree with and still enjoy the debate.

Latest posts