Officially "had it" with Cowherd

Bottom Line: When Iowa beats the teams they should beat...consistently, they will be one of the better respected teams in the country. Losing to Iowa State and Minnesota will not garner that respect from Cowherd or any other radio jock. When you are a double digit favorite, you should win the game.

A) Cowturd is on before Dan Patrick here in Iowa...not at the same time

B) On today's show he was trying to make a point about how the new playoffs would only allow for one school from each region...(north, southeast, west, southwest)...which he said is balanced, but not fair. He cited LSU last year as being a legit second team from the SEC who should be in a 4-team playoff regardless if they won their conference, while simultaneously comparing their schedule to Iowa's 2007 schedule for some unknown reason. Iowa didn't win the B1G that year, so would not have been the north regions representative in a 4-team playoff. Why he chose to compare LSU '11 to Iowa '07 is pretty baffling.

C) I normally don't listen to the whiney voiced dbag, but I just happened to be scanning stations on my commute to work this morning right as he was mentioning Iowa.

Basically, it reinforced why I don't listen to the idiot.

So, yesterday, he is discussing the 2010 scenario (if "new=" system were in place).He DQs 11-1 MSU because of an="embarrassing=" loss to Iowa, while touting OSU and Wisconsisn because of wins OVER Iowa.Today? He is raving about LSUs 2011 schedule. It was tough, but you have to throw out conference opponents, IMO, as those games are a="given=", whether either team is good or not. You can't="cancel=" a series with a conference opponent!So, who does he use to make a="joke="?="Look at Iowa's schedule in 2007 or 2008. They didn't play Michigan or Ohio State!="Does this turd not understand that Iowa didn't="choose=" who we played during conference schedule? Worse, did he look at LSUs schedule for those same years? LSU had TWO FCS/1-AA opponents each year, and one MAY have even been an in-state D-2 team. Sure, we played some Florida Internationals and MAC schools. We have also played Big 12 and Big East schools, Pac 10/12/14 schools, etc. Worse than that, in 2007 and 2008 NO Iowa fan, coach or administrator made ANY sort of claim that we got a bad bowl slot or got left out in favor of a less-deserving team. So Cowherd railing on our 2007 and 2008 schedules has no merit vis-a-vis any other team in those seasons.What is his hard-on for Iowa? He is getting to be as bad as Rome, and that's saying something. Rome, for his numerous faults, possesses a modicum of intelligence. Cowherd? Not so much.

i honestly have no clue what the hell the bottom 75% of your post is talking about. i can't even figure out why ur mad.

as for the msu loss he's 100% correct. they lost by 30 and it wasn't even that close. they couldn't even get a first down that game.

Cowherd is the best guy in radio and it's not even close.

He tells it like it is, and the reason people don't like him is because he doesn't pander to your ******** insecurities.

Yet he feels the need to make arguments like "Sanchez is a good quarterback" and "LeBron played 40 good minutes, does it really matter if he can close out?" He doesn't like when people address the Patriots, USC, or his pet players. I don't listen to him much specifically because I've heard some of the horrific arguments he's made. I'd say that's why I dislike him, I don't need pandering.

Exactly...and I could care less about the Des Moines market....they're all closet Cyclone fans anyway.

9922b92c-c21a-4188-852e-c06eb9baed1a.jpg

Iowa finished 7-5 in 2010. MSU was in Top Five of BCS at time and was down 30-0 at Iowa. That is an embarrassing loss

We all know Iowa fan doesn't like Jim Rome because Kirk doesn't like him. Is Cowherd on that list now?

If you want bubble gum talk radio stick with Mike and Mike and SVP. If you like know-it-all radio Gotlieb is your speed. If you don't want somebody saying mean things about you occasionally stay away from Cowherd or Rome.

For my money Rome is the best interviewer in the business and it's not even close.

I like Cowherd and Rome. They have opionions and they're entertaining in voicing they're opions. I may not always agree with they're opinions, but it's still good radio.

I like the fact the Iowa name comes up on the National scene even if the comments aren't always what we want to hear. I certainly don't hear Iowa State's name coming up in any discussions.

Latest posts