Officially "had it" with Cowherd

svp is also very good. people get so butthurt when someone like Colin says something that could remotely dis their favorite program (see the OP) that they fail to listen or understand what they are really saying.

he likes front runners and national names. not because he has a rooting interest, but because they are good for his ratings and his show. he's also very up front about wanting to see excellence in sports, even if that means having to put up with less than perfection off the field. frankly i agree with him.

Again... I arrive fashionably late and care not what any of you have said... it's all good that cowherd even mentioned Iowa... of course he has no clue... who cares? HE MENTIONED IOWA... on national radio... NO real substance... but ratings and PUB works.

btw has anyone figured out it can never work for a "tournament" a play off system in the top division of college football? College football is still.... REALLY... a regional game and any play offs does it NO justice.

Hey it's OK and we all still love college football. (just the same.. how about sharing the $'s with the playa's... sometime soon?)

completely different argument but the playas are already paid handsomely.

If you are referring to the coaches, assistants, ADs, assistant to assistant to the assistant compliance officer that makes $50 K ($10s of millions add up quick)... I suggest that that the kids.."the student-athletes"... the REAL PLAYAS... not so much.

If you don't like Patrick and you don't like Rome, who do you like? /QUOTE]

I didn't realize it was required to like a sports-talk radio show during every available time slot. But, anything on WSCR is better than anything from ESPN any time of day.

+1 The only sports talk I listen to is on The Score. National sports talk radio only plays the hits: Tebow, Lebron, Cowboys, Yankees, etc. So tough to listen without getting annoyed/bored.

completely different argument but the playas are already paid handsomely.
If you are referring to the coaches, assistants, ADs, assistant to assistant to the assistant compliance officer that makes $50 K ($10s of millions add up quick)... I suggest that that the kids.."the student-athletes="... the REAL PLAYAS... not so much.

a four year college football scholarship is worth over 1.25 million dollars.

/discussion

the average college graduate makes 1.1 million more in their life than the average hs graduate. then there is that matter of the tuition room and board which adds another 100+k.

a four year college football scholarship is worth over 1.25 million dollars.

/discussion

Whoaa.. now I think not.

btw why do you have a problem with the "amatuer" "student-athletes" getting a cut.. a piece of the pie?

You do realize that some of these kids are cast off by unscrupolous programs and coaches... not to mention that some do suffer injuries and conditions that affect there health and incomes for years and years beyond their playing years as "student-athletes"?

think again.

then maybe the playas need to make better decisions on which schools they attend and go somewhere that education is a priority.

if the playas are uncomfortable with the potential health impacts then maybe they shouldn't play.

Whoaa.. now I think not.

btw why do you have a problem with the "amatuer" "student-athletes" getting a cut.. a piece of the pie?

You do realize that some of these kids are cast off by unscrupolous programs and coaches... not to mention that some do suffer injuries and conditions that affect there health and incomes for years and years beyond their playing years as "student-athletes"?

No one's stopping them from getting a job or paying their own way through school instead of taking the grueling, unappreciated, exploited route if being a college athelete. Obviously education is of the utmost importance to so many of these 'student athletes,.

Dibble could reign in his ego. Patrick thinks he's a star, but Dibble didn't care.

His show now is full of boot-licking toadies who stumble over one another to praise Dan and reinforce his God complex. As a result, 80% of the DP show is now about DP.

DP "gets it" that is show is just entertainment! Cowherd and Rome don't, that is why they take themselves way to serious, DP does not, thus the screwy "Dannettes". Dan knows he is not the story.
If you fall for DP's schtick, he doesn't want you to listen anyway.

Latest posts