OFFICIAL IOWA vs PENN ST GAME THREAD

Man, I have never been sold on Vandy, but my god at least give him the chance to succeed. He keeps getting set up to fail.

JVB needs to make some big throws to the WRs and get the ball rolling. Give him the chance and it will happen. Why don't we always play like we are behind and get up big to begin with. Sick of always playing from behind against below average teams.

Tell us how being banned feels....

Cibula, people can criticize Ferentz without thinking the game is over. There have been some really bad choices with the playcalling the last 2 drives. I'm not saying the game is over. No one else is saying the game is over. As you said we are only down 3. However, there was no reason to not try and drive downfield with plenty of time and 2 timeouts. That type of uber-conservative playcalling bit us in the *** against OSU 2 years ago, and this year against Iowa State. I don't know why Ferentz doesn't try something different. I truly don't get it.

I hope we come out and try to win this thing with our talent at WR. I'm ok with us losing, if we at least put the ball up.

Question, JVB has time...not one deep ball in the middle of the field. You have to get these guys to loosen up and right now, we haven't tested them deep.

Umm, yep, pretty much. Your post here just shows that. You offer no evidence as to how this game is going well. We shouldn't even be down 3 right now. Who is saying anything about jumping off the bridge? The play calling was terrible the last two drives. There was no reason to sit on the ball with 1:42 to go in the half, and two timeouts. On top of that PSU gets the ball first in the second half so that's another reason not to sit on the ball. Our offense did very well on their first 2 drives utilizing the shotgun set. For some reason we went back to the pro set the last 2 drives, and we did absolutely nothing. I'm not sure why that's so hard to grasp for you.

-We need to be blitzing McGloin. If he has time he is very accurate. He has had plenty of time.
-We need to go back to the shotgun. Their defense is not a top 10 defense. Their competition has been weak thus far outside of Alabama. We should be throwing downfield. We can expose their defensive backs.
-We need to play more man coverage. Some of their guys have been so wide open it's disgusting. Notice how our guys haven't been that open.

I will say that it's not all our fault. Literally everything that could go right for them has gone right. The pass off the ref's leg/foot. Several bobbled passes that would not be caught 90% of the time, but are being caught. Blatant holding calls missed by the refs that have extended their drives.

It's OK to criticize the playcalling without it being "jumping off the bridge". It's ridiculous that you think someone can't criticize Ferentz. He's human. He makes mistakes. He should be criticized if he makes a poor decision. I find it funny that you think everything is all fine and dandy because we're only down 3 points, and that no one should say anything even remotely negative about Ferentz.

The only thing you could possibly blame on the coaches is not pushing it down the field at the end of the half...which isn't a bad thing considering our defense hasn't made a stop. Based on your comments I've watched plenty more Iowa football than you and I'm not gonna throw in the towel because we're playing the way we are right now...Keep in mind it is 3-6......against Penn St, not 3-30 against Wisconsin.

Who cares dude I only check this out during football season when I dont have a baby sitter for my kids figure I might as well hope on with all you tough guys and through some F bombs around ity wont bother to much.

If that is seriously your idea of a good time, I'd say it's probably not a good thing that you have kids. Either you're just stupid, or you're 15 years old.

Cibula, people can criticize Ferentz without thinking the game is over. There have been some really bad choices with the playcalling the last 2 drives. I'm not saying the game is over. No one else is saying the game is over. As you said we are only down 3. However, there was no reason to not try and drive downfield with plenty of time and 2 timeouts. That type of uber-conservative playcalling bit us in the *** against OSU 2 years ago, and this year against Iowa State. I don't know why Ferentz doesn't try something different. I truly don't get it.

dude, love your handle

A good portion of the people that you're arguing with aren't saying that the game is over. They're saying that it was stupid to not try and get points at the end of the half.

+100000000000

Iowa ****** that possession down there leg and it still makes no sense.

But, you are criticizing him based on ONE SERIES....that's it. I just don't think it's that big of a deal....we've seen this 90% of the time.

Sooooo....this has been frustrating to watch....keep waiting for us to make a BIG play and get over the hump....now fearing we are wasting away our opportunities....sigh

The only thing you could possibly blame on the coaches is not pushing it down the field at the end of the half...which isn't a bad thing considering our defense hasn't made a stop. Based on your comments I've watched plenty more Iowa football than you and I'm not gonna throw in the towel because we're playing the way we are right now...Keep in mind it is 3-6......against Penn St, not 3-30 against Wisconsin.

So because our defense hasn't gotten a stop (your words there), it makes sense to NOT try to get more points? :confused:

The way the game was going, it was wise this time to run the clock, we were only down a FG, and couldn't afford to make a costly mistake.

If that is seriously your idea of a good time, I'd say it's probably not a good thing that you have kids. Either you're just stupid, or you're 15 years old.[/QUOT

I never said it was a good time and dont bring my family in to this its funny how many whiney little girls there are on here I got on here to talk about the game but every thing people say nerds like u with 8,000 post give smart *** replies.

But, you are criticizing him based on ONE SERIES....that's it. I just don't think it's that big of a deal....we've seen this 90% of the time.

and it's the wrong choice 90% of the time

making it even worse is that he played it aggressively before the half against ULM, so we know it can be done ... I'm not even saying they score ... I just want them to TRY!

This is an in game chat, meaning this ONE game that is currently going on. This ONE SERIES that you are defending the staff's frightened play calling is 25% of our possessions thus far.

So because our defense hasn't gotten a stop (your words there), it makes sense to NOT try to get more points? :confused:

I'm saying IF you don't make it and turn it over you give them great field position.

Have you NOT seen this before....Iowa runs once and then decides??? Not saying it can't get frustrating, but people act like it's the only time it's ever happened.

What aren't you grasping? I'm NOT throwing in the towel, whatsoever. I didn't throw in the towel against Pitt 3 weeks ago, and I'm certainly not going to throw in the towel now. Stop making stuff up. Did you just skip my entire post that you quoted? I offered several suggestions as to how IN MY OPINION we could be doing better. You offered absolutely nothing in response that refuted anything I said.

You've probably watched more football than me as I am 26, however your comments did nothing to suggest that you've watched more football. Everyone of your comments is "we're only down by 3 points to PSU". Explain how that shows you know more about football. You've got to be kidding.

If that is seriously your idea of a good time, I'd say it's probably not a good thing that you have kids. Either you're just stupid, or you're 15 years old.[/QUOT

I never said it was a good time and dont bring my family in to this its funny how many whiney little girls there are on here I got on here to talk about the game but every thing people say nerds like u with 8,000 post give smart *** replies.

YOU brought your family into this. If you didn't resort to personal attacks at the first disagreement, you wouldn't be treated like a child.

Latest posts