OFFICIAL IOWA vs PENN ST GAME THREAD

So the VT vs Miami game is on now. Watching these teams (or any other SEC ACC Big12 team for the most part) makes me realize how far behind the ball we are on all aspects of the game. Including play calling and coaching. Hard hard times it is right now to be a Hawkeye. I still love them nonetheless though.

So the VT vs Miami game is on now. Watching these teams (or any other SEC ACC Big12 team for the most part) makes me realize how far behind the ball we are on all aspects of the game. Including play calling and coaching. Hard hard times it is right now to be a Hawkeye. I still love them nonetheless though.

Yep.....we cannot compete with teams like this...never have:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

My concern about this team is that I just don't see how they get better next year.

I bet Reiff and Hyde both leave. Prater is gone, Daniels is gone. Binns is gone. Bernstine is gone. McNutt is gone. Zus is gone.

And the problem is there just isn't much to take their place.

I am fighting mad about this game and you want to pop off like the little putz internet tough guy you think you are. How about manning up and saying that to my face???

How was I being a tough guy? All i said was your post was dumb, which it was. We didnt lose because of the offensive/conservative philosophy. We lost because we didnt execute AND Penn State is better than us

Relax

My concern about this team is that I just don't see how they get better next year.

I bet Reiff and Hyde both leave. Prater is gone, Daniels is gone. Binns is gone. Bernstine is gone. McNutt is gone. Zus is gone.

And the problem is there just isn't much to take their place.

Its a huge concern - the hope was Vandy would be good enough to make up for it. That doesnt seem likely at this point

Sorry man. Sick of these internet tough guys mouthing off telling people how stupid their post is.

You do know that "Internet Tough Guys" are the ones that beat their chest and say things like "Say that to my face and just see what happens," while posting with an anonymous internet screen name. It's easy to say "I would beat your a**" when you don't have to back it up.

Telling someone that they're being stupid? That requires no physical "backing up", hence they aren't being a tough guy. They're claiming superior intelligence.

We can say "just stop" or make 1000 excuses but the truth is we are not as talented as we usually are this year for whatever reason. We have some different talent but clearly our coaching staff has no idea how to use it. Our D flat out sucks. Morris is a huge disappointment and our D line can't stop anyone in the Big 10. our play calling is terrible on the road. Yes we threw the ball but too many short routes and too conservative. Call it a melt down or whatever u want, but there are 0 excuses for our team being this awful

We can say "just stop" or make 1000 excuses but the truth is we are not as talented as we usually are this year for whatever reason. We have some different talent but clearly our coaching staff has no idea how to use it. Our D flat out sucks. Morris is a huge disappointment and our D line can't stop anyone in the Big 10. our play calling is terrible on the road. Yes we threw the ball but too many short routes and too conservative. Call it a melt down or whatever u want, but there are 0 excuses for our team being this awful

Linebackers are usually going to be disappointments when they constantly have to shed blocks from offensive linemen. That's not something 'backers in our system have had to do a lot of over the years, because the line ate up the blockers. That's not the case this year.

The defense doesn't look too good. I can live with that, because I don't think it's got anything to do with schemes. They're just overmatched up front. Which sucks, but it's not their fault, and it's not something that can be fixed.

I agree that the d-line is by far the worst disappointment this year but Morris was really bad today I know I should love KF but I'm getting tired of this conservative scheme College FB is changing and we are being left behind.

Latest posts