***Official Iowa-ISU Prediction Thread***

34-10 Hawkeyes win. We have a quarterback from another state that played in bigger HS stadiums than Trice so he won't be nervous, a huge TE, four more than capable RBs and a line that can open up holes even when no one respects the pass. We win it old school in the trenches and beat them bad in time of possession even though ISU's total yards will be surprisingly close to Iowa's.

This is in line with my thinking, but I think ISU gets close a few times and settles for FGs. Really, there are only two things that can prevent us from scoring at least 30. They are: (1) Rodney Coe and (2) Greg Davis.

This is in line with my thinking, but I think ISU gets close a few times and settles for FGs. Really, there are only two things that can prevent us from scoring at least 30. They are: (1) Rodney Coe and (2) Greg Davis.

Well, it won't be weather cuz we practiced in the rain yesterday. So, we've got that going for us. Which is nice.

I don't think I can honestly ever pick Iowa to win in Ames for the remaining of Kirk's time in Iowa City. Don't understand it. We get better recruits ... have better facilities ... larger fan base .. higher-paid coaches ... but that all goes out the window against ISU. A head scratcher because many times we have fielded the better team only to leave Ames with a loss. This year pits two very average teams and so the home field advantage goes with the Clowns. ISU 23 Iowa 20.

I have to say I'm actually kind of shocked at the "so called experts" have it 8-6 in favor of the clowns for the this game. Last year in game two, our offense couldn't fight it's way out of a wet paper bag and we still had a shot to win. This year, both the offensive line and the defensive line, have shown glimpses of what they can become. You can't run the ball on us...it's not going to happen for ISU. That's new this year. Our offensive line has had two games to watch actual film...they have done some really nice things in the running game, but penalties and missed assignments have also hurt them. Last year, the oline started to play much better after the ISU game. Weisman went on a tear after that game.

I think there is just too much of an advantage for Iowa, and if they don't kill themselves with turnovers, I don't think this game is close. If we turn the ball over more than once, especially early in the game, all bets are off. The thing Iowa has going for it is that it's going to get 80 plays to score on ISU. When you have an advantage with your offensive line, more plays only magnifies it. On the road with a first year QB, we are going to pound the running game and go with a safe passing game (roll outs with run pass option/screens/etc.). If the running game is working, GD has shown he will now take deep shots down the field. That's going to work if they are sucking their safeties up.

It all boils down to our offensive line if you ask me. What better segment of the team would you want the game to hinge on if you were Iowa. If they play well. It's going to be a long day for ISU.

Iowa 35 / ISU 10

Iowa State 24-17. The Hawks run for ~300 with Bullock and Weisman both going over the 100 mark. Rudock throws for over 200 yards, yet despite over 500 yards total offense the Hawks are only coached to 17 points. Iowa State scores late in the 4th quarter on a fake punt rather than go to overtime.

Hawks 34, Clones 12.

Rudock has his breakout game and throws for 315. O-line finds a way to shut down Rodney Coe. Weisman runs for 180. Defense gives up a few long drives but stiffens up in the red zone holding ISU to 4 FGs.

It's now gotten to the point where Miller AND Tom Dienhart are picking ISU. That's how sad things have gotten.

Ferentz has taken much better Iowa teams than this one and gotten smoked in Ames.

You are pitting 2 teams , 1 that lost at home to a good FCS team, the other that had not won a football game in almost a year, being taken down to the wire a bad FCS team before finally breaking the losing streak.
Some think there is a big gap in talent, but those are the ones living in the 90's, talent level is not very different.

And for both teams , I think the talent is better than some think, they are just very very young, and when you have a teams of mostly 2 and 3 star recruits, young players will not have a big impact right away.

ISU runs a kick-off or punt back for a TD and has a pick 6 or something weird like that, .. Wins 24-17..
I think the under is a safe bet in this game, since both offensive coordinators are adverse to taking more than 1 shot down the field per game.

It's now gotten to the point where Miller AND Tom Dienhart are picking ISU. That's how sad things have gotten.

I stand by my prediction and my team. Hawks by at least 20. IOWA STATE LOST TO A D-1AA TEAM. At this point, I don't know if they could beat Drake. My Iowa power rankings:

1) Iowa
2) UNI
3) Grand View
4) Drake
5) Coe (the college, not Rodney)
6) Iowa State

I stand by my prediction and my team. Hawks by at least 20. IOWA STATE LOST TO A D-1AA TEAM. At this point, I don't know if they could beat Drake. My Iowa power rankings:

1) Iowa
2) UNI
3) Grand View
4) Drake
5) Coe (the college, not Rodney)
6) Iowa State

Being a little tough on them aren't you? It's a storied program that has really made strides in recent years. Good coaching despite obvious recruiting hurdles. Just because they lost to a team in the first game that they should dominate it doesn't mean they should get get knocked down that bad. Drake should be higher than Grand View.

Iowa 10
isu 13
Rhoads is nearly impossible to beat when he has two weeks to prepare. Ask Gundy if you don't believe me.

Most team win when the other team coughs the ball up 5 times like OSU and the 15-13 loss to these clowns in like 2005. Two weeks to prepare at teh very beginning of the season is much different than it is in week 5-6. If Iowa protects the ball and plays with emotion we will win. If we come out FLAT like we do 75% of the time we play this game then more than likely we'll have 3 TOs and a close painful loss.

I think both will be close ... Iowa will have a slight lead sometime around 6:30, 2nd qtr; isu will have a slightly bigger lead sometime around :30 4th qtr.

That Gerg is a formidable opponent and a permanent obstacle.

Latest posts