***Official Iowa-ISU Prediction Thread***

OK...this is the facts...we give up a deep pass for 7 early and then a turnover somewhere in our zone around the 30. ISscrew scores 3, if it's not a pick6. We then grind a decent drive and score in 2nd qtr and then a fg late...halftime 10-10 (but we may have given up 7 on the t.o., so it could be 14-10 Clowns at half).

KF/GDGD give us a good ball control 3rd and we pickup 7 more on a short field drive to go up 17-14. We get a int early in 4th and pickup another td (24-14) then....all bets are off, but guessing we give up another td on blatent errors or int. late in 4th, kick our own fg to apparently seal game with 3 mins left, only to need a defensive stand on 3 final passes to "hold on" and win....iowa 27-clowns 21. (But could see a late breakdown in secondary and we give up the apparent gamewinner...which means holding IStr8 to 10 instead of 14 in 1st half is the possible difference.

Cliffnotes....iowa wins 27-21

I guess I'm not that optimistic. Iowa is so one-dimensional (run, run, short pass to RB, run) that I don't see it being that hard to stop. Until our QB can complete a pass for more than 30 yards and our WR's can catch it...and let's face it, Weisman isn't gonna make guys miss...he'll just try to plow them over.

Hawks will win TOP this game with all the running between the 20's. But ISU will eat our secondary for lunch and end up with the win.

Iowa 24
ISU 35

I guess I'm not that optimistic. Iowa is so one-dimensional (run, run, short pass to RB, run) that I don't see it being that hard to stop. Until our QB can complete a pass for more than 30 yards and our WR's can catch it...and let's face it, Weisman isn't gonna make guys miss...he'll just try to plow them over.

Hawks will win TOP this game with all the running between the 20's. But ISU will eat our secondary for lunch and end up with the win.

Iowa 24
ISU 35

nope. If we give up 35 to ISU, I want changes immediately. Not gonna happen though. Don't know if we will win as there is past information that being favored means very little in this game.

By the way, we are as about as NON one-dimensional as we've been in about 3 years and I am just fine with Weisman burying a few clones. The QB has one more 40 yard pass than we had all last year, so there that.

Only thing that isn't kinda derpish is the fact that yes, the WR need to catch the dang ball.

No prediction, Hawks win.

24-13 Iowa wins in a game that isn't close.

Hawks run for 250 yrds with B and W both getting over the century mark.

3rd game of all Rudock as he goes 215 with a TD and no picks but he does fumble and it sets up the cyclones only TD of the day.

Iowa 24
ISU 35

I am not optimistic at all and I think ISU wins but I am not going to try to "predict" the score. I am hoping Iowa will win but like I said, I am not optimistic I just hope it's at least close if ISU does win so we can listen to more clone fans talk about how they "dominated" Iowa with a 3 point victory just like the last 2 years.

But as for your explanation, I have to disagree. Iowa is one-dimensional because the receivers drop too many balls and the horizontal passing game still doesn't work with Iowa's talent (or lack there of) but so was UNI and they walked (well ran) all over ISU. Iowa has a better run game than UNI. The Iowa staff needs to get Powell up to speed with the playbook or just get him out there because Shumpert is struggling way too much. Plus they need to pass down field like they did against NIU. In game experience makes perfect, not "hiding" plays against your opponents and only trying them in practice. I mean after all Jared Clauss a former NFL player even talks about it in his piece with Jon.

I sneaks out with win by 1-3 points ... total will be under ... I say something like 19-17 ... or maybe less, like 12-10

Last edited:
Iowa 28 - Isu 20. There hasn't been a talent mismatch like this for a while, especially on Iowa's O-Line vs Isu's D-Line. If Iowa loses to a team like this, I will predict no more than 3 total wins for them this year.

The Hawkeye team beats up on the Cyclones, but, unfortunately, is unable to overcome the Hawkeye coaching staff. Cyclones 21, Hawks 13 in a game featuring all of the things that we have come to expect from the the Hawks:

- poor play calls
- some sort of special teams fake that we fall for
- poor time management
- one good offensive drive that makes you think that we really could put an offense together
- at least 1 cyclone TD where we are left wondering where the hell our safeties are
- at least 1 cyclone score off of defense (pick 6/fumble) or special teams return

To all the people picking us to win a close game, the only two victories Iowa has had under Ferentz, and pretty much all of hayden's tenure, have been blowouts there. If Iowa is going to win this game, they need to dominate up front, and be able to beat the blitz with some big plays to our recievers. At least win by 10-14 pointsis what I am saying. If Iowa is up late in this game by a fraction, it just isn't likely we will pull out a victory. See 2001, 2007, 2011. Actually it has been the case at home also. The only narrow victory for Iowa off the top of my head, in the last 12 has been 2006 when it was like 17-10 or something. Whenever ISU has been in the game late, we generally find some way to lose. Absolutely need to win by a couple scores.

34-10 Hawkeyes win. We have a quarterback from another state that played in bigger HS stadiums than Trice so he won't be nervous, a huge TE, four more than capable RBs and a line that can open up holes even when no one respects the pass. We win it old school in the trenches and beat them bad in time of possession even though ISU's total yards will be surprisingly close to Iowa's.

Latest posts