***Official Iowa-ISU Prediction Thread***

Iowa wins the toss and gets the ball. 3 and out after 2 rushes and a 3 yard pass that's 4 yards short of the line.

ISU scores off a reverse on their first play.

Iowa gets the ball back and drives down the field on the legs of Weisman. Iowa throws a jump ball to CJ in the corner for the endzone. Tie game 7-7.

Goes into half 7-7 after boring stalemate football.

Iowa scores on a flea flicker late in the 3rd to go up 14-7.

Late in the 4th Rudock throws a pic-6 and ISU ties it up. 14-14.

Iowa pins ISU deep off the kick off and hold them to 3rd and 5 where ISU runs a fake punt for a first down where we see Ferentz on the sideline mouthing "I didn't expect that". Then ISU drives 70+ yards to win on a last second field goal.

ISU 17-14.

Why go that far back? Just look up the last 2 years. It's pretty much the exact same thing every single year at this point.

Hawks have won 4 of the last 6 games..
Series is trending back to Iowa. Iowa will win the next two years, also. Iowa's young talent (and QB) is better than what they have in Ames. Iowa will not stay this bad for long. ISU will not stay this average for long. (back to really, really sucking) Shame for ISU. Big 12 is very bad this year. They could have made a run at 6th or 7th place this year.

Prediction Post-Mortem. The gold star goes to:
OK...this is the facts...we give up a deep pass for 7 early and then a turnover somewhere in our zone around the 30. ISscrew scores 3, if it's not a pick6. We then grind a decent drive and score in 2nd qtr and then a fg late...halftime 10-10 (but we may have given up 7 on the t.o., so it could be 14-10 Clowns at half).

KF/GDGD give us a good ball control 3rd and we pickup 7 more on a short field drive to go up 17-14. We get a int early in 4th and pickup another td (24-14) then....all bets are off, but guessing we give up another td on blatent errors or int. late in 4th, kick our own fg to apparently seal game with 3 mins left, only to need a defensive stand on 3 final passes to "hold on" and win....iowa 27-clowns 21. (But could see a late breakdown in secondary and we give up the apparent gamewinner...which means holding IStr8 to 10 instead of 14 in 1st half is the possible difference.

Cliffnotes....iowa wins 27-21
A coupla honorable mentions:
I think Weisman will run the football well, and their defense is still to young to have learned and experienced the blue book for blitzing and defending the Ferentz/Davis offensive juggernaut.

Our defense holds enough times in the red zone and we luck out with a few over throws and timely drops from open ISU wide receivers.

Iowa 27 Iowa State 20
Iowa 28 - Isu 20. There hasn't been a talent mismatch like this for a while, especially on Iowa's O-Line vs Isu's D-Line. If Iowa loses to a team like this, I will predict no more than 3 total wins for them this year.
And the pi$$-in-my-Cheerios award is shared by:
Don't forget, the Hawks are still coached by KF, the 2nd worst game-day coach at any level of football (he used to be #1, but I think Mack Brown has recently grabbed the title).
ISU 28
Iowa 21
Clown U 27, Fightin' Rudocks 21. Iowa just finds a way to lose this one.
I don't care how bad ISu is. This is the game they circle on the calendar every year. At lames and i expect Iowa to lose. Especially this team. They have shown me nothing to expect a win this year at lames. They kick 5 fgs to win 15-10

OK...this is the facts...we give up a deep pass for 7 early and then a turnover somewhere in our zone around the 30. ISscrew scores 3, if it's not a pick6. We then grind a decent drive and score in 2nd qtr and then a fg late...halftime 10-10 (but we may have given up 7 on the t.o., so it could be 14-10 Clowns at half).

KF/GDGD give us a good ball control 3rd and we pickup 7 more on a short field drive to go up 17-14. We get a int early in 4th and pickup another td (24-14) then....all bets are off, but guessing we give up another td on blatent errors or int. late in 4th, kick our own fg to apparently seal game with 3 mins left, only to need a defensive stand on 3 final passes to "hold on" and win....iowa 27-clowns 21. (But could see a late breakdown in secondary and we give up the apparent gamewinner...which means holding IStr8 to 10 instead of 14 in 1st half is the possible difference.

So, what looks good in the stock market this week? :)

Billso:

Prediction Post-Mortem. The gold star goes to:

So, what looks good in the stock market this week? :)

Teldar Paper................ "The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed, for lack of a better word, is good. Greed is right, greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms; greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind. And greed, you mark my words, will not only save Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA. Thank you very much."

Calling my Cuz in Vegas this week for sure! :D

Latest posts