!*****Official Iowa Beats Traquon McBarkley And The Kitteny Lions Game Thread*****!

not big into moral victories...but god damn...what a great effort by the Hawks. one play away.

If Kirk believed in offense as something other than ball control... we'd have won.
I don't think it was for lack of effort of moving the ball. In the first half, PSU was in the backfield all the time. In that game, the team with the ball last wins.

You know KF only needs 7 wins. BUT and this is a big but, I think this team has great potential. If they were game planned differently, they would be special.

Maybe BF tells Dad, he is in control and takes control. I think BF could do some things we would like. But Dad is still in charge.

And this all falls back to kirk. PROMOTE FROM WITHIN, PROMOTE FROM WITHIN, DONT TAKE ANY RISKS HIRING PEOPLE. Except fucking greg davis, the one idiot who could make a team WORSE, and they hired him.
I agree about this being on Ferentz. I still hate Parker. He's horrible and always has been.

He could never have made a pimple on the ass of Norm Parker. The onlly thing they have in common is a last name.

Yes, really. Not to mention Brian calling running plays with 8 or 9 in the box for most of the game.
Dude, theres more to life than football and calling an entire family trash is completely uncalled for...if you're not better than that, you may want to reevaluate your priorities...

You know KF only needs 7 wins. BUT and this is a big but, I think this team has great potential. If they were game planned differently, they would be special.

Maybe BF tells Dad, he is in control and takes control. I think BF could do some things we would like. But Dad is still in charge.

Dad will be in charge until he dies, or is fired

Man I'm bummed but the defense doesn't deserve any blame or Parker. They were getting pressure on McSorley all night and close on the last drive. They were the only reason that this wasn't a blow out.

That's what crushes me the most. Had we had just a little bit of a pulse on offense we wouldn't have had to trust phils end of game pants crapping again
Or if he would have called two more "predictable" runs on our last drive we kick a fg and win...so.....what then? He does what you hate and we win...he gets creative on wadley td and we lose. Congrats! Lol

I know losing sucks. But PSU is the class of the Big 10 right now. If nothing else, i have more hope now that we’ll clean out the West and be in Indy.
Me too. Rematch, if that happens, and that's with Stanley and Eppy all grown up. Secondary showed me something tonight.

Time will tell, but I think we have a team this year. Floor looks like 08. Ceiling might be BTCG.

In my opinion, we would have won with a made field goal.....

Making two after Wadley's last TD would have made this a tie game.....

They were actually lucky to win this one.....

By an inch or two

:cool:

Or if he would have called two more "predictable" runs on our last drive we kick a fg and win...so.....what then? He does what you hate and we win...he gets creative on wadley td and we lose. Congrats! Lol
No dog in in your discussion but what was creative about the Wadley TD run?

No, I have no problem with running the football when you're in field goal range and need to burn some clock. I am more concerned with his play calling the first 55 minutes of the game.

Iowa had their chances, literally play after play they were like a second late. Ball actually bounced Penn State's way on two fumbles. Biggest game of "what if's" in a long time. If the last pass had been batted up instead of Jackson trying to catch it ........sigh. On the bright side looks like the Hawks have improved a lot. Gotta believe the recruits had to love the crowd and Mcsorely looked like a chump. Without Barkley Iowa kicks this team's ass. AND no Ohio State is not better than this team. Iowa will have a great chance to upset the Buckeyes. I would like to see Brian open up the offense and let Stanley play. This team looks so much better when we spread out the defense. Iowa can still win the West. Can you say "rematch".

Dude, theres more to life than football and calling an entire family trash is completely uncalled for...if you're not better than that, you may want to reevaluate your priorities...
Oh please. It's better than trashing the players like all the other Ferentz worshippers and Iowa media likes do. I can't wait to hear all the BS excuses made for Brian's pathetic performance.

Me too. Rematch, if that happens, and that's with Stanley and Eppy all grown up. Secondary showed me something tonight.

Time will tell, but I think we have a team this year. Floor looks like 08. Ceiling might be BTCG.
Dude, after tonight's enormous let down this team probably loses to MSU, OSU, Wisky, Minny and maybe Purdue. Lucky to get to 6 wins. This will be the best defensive effort you'll see all year by a country mile.

I don't think it was for lack of effort of moving the ball. In the first half, PSU was in the backfield all the time. In that game, the team with the ball last wins.

Not a lack of effort... a lack of effective strategy. Ball control, clock management,etc etc... is about 20 years past it's time. F***ing score with your offense. Waiting for the opponent to make a mistake is not a winning tac.

PSU won the game...great game. If our offense wasn't so f***ing tentative and conservative...the outcome may have been different. Nothing new...we've seen in for years under KFz

Latest posts