!*****Official Iowa Beats Traquon McBarkley And The Kitteny Lions Game Thread*****!

Dude, after tonight's enormous let down this team probably loses to MSU, OSU, Wisky, Minny and maybe Purdue. Lucky to get to 6 wins. This will be the best defensive effort you'll see all year by a country mile.

The defense learned tonight that the offense wont be there to help them out. Its 2010 levels of team demoralization.

Oh please. It's better than trashing the players like all the other Ferentz worshippers and Iowa media likes do. I can't wait to hear all the BS excuses made for Brian's pathetic performance.
When you're in a hole, stop digging. If you want to say their coaching was trash...fine...but you're way out of line...

Man I'm bummed but the defense doesn't deserve any blame or Parker. They were getting pressure on McSorley all night and close on the last drive. They were the only reason that this wasn't a blow out.
Parker absolutely deserves blame for the prevent defense and Ferentz for letting him do it . EOS!

coming into this one Iowa probably had to play a solid game in all 3 areas to win. They didn't. Screw moral victories, those are for teams like ISU who are thrilled with 4 and 5 win seasons.

Not a lack of effort... a lack of effective strategy. Ball control, clock management,etc etc... is about 20 years past it's time. F***ing score with your offense. Waiting for the opponent to make a mistake is not a winning tac.

PSU won the game...great game. If our offense wasn't so f***ing tentative and conservative...the outcome may have been different. Nothing new...we've seen in for years under KFz
We lose big if we turn this into a score fest. We were one inch from beating the #4 team in the country with a first year QB....

You were ok with the soft defense on their drive?
It wouldn't matter if they didn't play soft. If they score you'd still be crying about. It's a no win situation for the coordinators. I believe there was only a couple people here at HN who actually thought we'd have a chance. It's a let down buy geeezzzzzz those young men played a hell of a game.

Parker absolutely deserves blame for the prevent defense and Ferentz for letting him do it . EOS!

You must have not watched Iowa play defense for the last 20 years... thats the same defense they always play... the defense that keeps them in games all the time when the offense is putrid.

Iowa played terrinle is 2 of the 3 parts of a tema. I left the misspellings in for emphasis. When One area shines and the other 3 suck, it doesnt make sense.

Kirk Ferentz Era = Players outperforming their own coaching staff.

Hawks have won A LOT of games in the last 15 years, despite the dogmatic strategy and other inherent coaching obstacles. Hope Jewel's toughness and Wadleys attitude allow them to overcome that for a few more than 6, this year. They certainly deserve it as reward for their heart and effort.

coming into this one Iowa probably had to play a solid game in all 3 areas to win. They didn't. Screw moral victories, those are for teams like ISU who are thrilled with 4 and 5 win seasons.
And 2/3rds of Iowa fans who are ok with being 8-4 and getting destroyed in a bowl game.

Dude, after tonight's enormous let down this team probably loses to MSU, OSU, Wisky, Minny and maybe Purdue. Lucky to get to 6 wins. This will be the best defensive effort you'll see all year by a country mile.

Maybe, but I doubt it. They might drop OSU. I think they'll beat Wisc. My logic says that's top 15 at end of year, and I predicted 6 - 6 because we didn't know anything about the secondary, qb, or most of the wrs. We know a lot about this team now. They can play with anybody. You won't see another player like Barkley in the next 5 years.