!*****Official Iowa Beats Traquon McBarkley And The Kitteny Lions Game Thread*****!

You should go back through the game.. .we maybe blitzed 4-5 times all night. The defensive line got pressure alot with a 4 or 5 man rush.. which was exactly the same thing we were doing the last drive...

They were tired from being on the field for 120 plays..

You mean the same number of plays the PSU offense was in on?

Not even sure
You mean the same number of plays the PSU offense was in on?

I can tell you haven't played football if you think thats the same.

You must have missed 100 years of football coaches talking about wearing the defense down in the 4th quarter... yet never in the history of football have i heard "we need to wear down their offensive line by having them be on the field for so long"

Iowa was aggressive all night, at least for Iowa they were, and it worked pretty well.

here's the bottom line. Some of you are satisfied that Iowa played great and all that crap. I just don't take kindly to moral victory's is all. Of course in today's politically correct world, everybody gets a trophy so I should quit arguing.

Again, I don't think anyone is satisfied. I'm still in between numb and heartbroken. But, as a fan, you can be both destroyed about the gutwrenching loss and very proud of the effort of the players. It's not a zero sum game.

The players, this will be tougher on them than us. The next game will mean a lot for how the season will go.

Not even sure

I can tell you haven't played football if you think thats the same.

So here's the deal. Didn't play in college of course, but played both ways in high school. Loved defense so much more. On offense, getting hit plus the effort to not be tackled took a lot of energy. Loved playing defense much more. Running to the ball hitting someone vs. being hit was better for me. Now that's just me, but the offense runs and puts as much effort into it as the defense does. The PSU offense and Iowa defense both looked pretty gassed to me.

So here's the deal. Didn't play in college of course, but played both ways in high school. Loved defense so much more. On offense, getting hit plus the effort to not be tackled took a lot of energy. Loved playing defense much more. Running to the ball hitting someone vs. being hit was better for me. Now that's just me, but the offense runs and puts as much effort into it as the defense does. The PSU offense and Iowa defense both looked pretty gassed to me.

Then you should know if the offense has been on the field the whole game.. its the offenses advantage. Like its almost as common knowledge as how plants reproduce.

Who is "satisfied"? But these young men played their guts out against the #4 team. That can certainly be applauded without being satisfied...

Not if you hate, I mean really hate KF. If you don't, your an apologist, and are satisfied with mediocrity. There is no middle ground...and like Highlander, there can be only one.

listen hawk I understand where you are coming from.. defensive strategy at the end of the game is a hot topic for many fans.. the truth is its very hard because the offense is at all or nothing mode... for one you are defending 4 downs every time instead of 3... (penn state converted two 4th downs on that drive)

When it comes down to it.. PSU offense is better than our defense.. and they should be with the talent they have.

The defense did all they could. They weren't perfect or beyond criticism but they were the reason we even had a chance.

Then you should know if the offense has been on the field the whole game.. its the offenses advantage. Like its almost as common knowledge as how plants reproduce.

Again, can only speak for myself. For me getting hit by multiple players while on O took more out of me than playing D and hitting someone. Again. That's just me. In my playing days I was 5'10" 195 lbs with decent speed and in good shape. Went on to play college baseball though. Much easier on my body long-term.

I would be more mad honestly.. if I thought we had a great team that could win the west... I didn't think we did coming in.

But hey.. they could prove me wrong ill be fine with that.

Dude. That is so old school.

Haven't seen much of anything on here about the players. The coaching is a different Story. But personally I like this team.

Stanley should be fun to watch for 3 years. Sure he's still learning, but his growth game over game has been great. He doesn't have happy feet in the pocket.

I also believe their response next week at MSU will be great.

The trendy thing is for fans to tell their own team they suck even when they had the lead until 0:00 was on the clock.

Last night, I said no. Can I change my answer and see if it changes anything?
Thought about that as well. However, if he gets tackled or downs it close to goal line we are guaranteed nothing. We already had a field goal blocked, fumble possible, missed field goal. Plus we could have left time on clock for them and now they only need a field goal if we dont punch it in for 7. A big what if??

Thought about that as well. However, if he gets tackled or downs it close to goal line we are guaranteed nothing. We already had a field goal blocked, fumble possible, missed field goal. Plus we could have left time on clock for them and now they only need a field goal if we dont punch it in for 7. A big what if??

I look at it like an extra point. Automatic.

Time on the clock would have been 1:47 if he goes down and they have 2 time outs. If we snap it with 1 second left on the play clock, this is how it may play out:

1st down, snap at 1:23 (25 second clock on 1st down), time out PSU
2nd down, snap around 1:19, time out PSU
3rd down, snap around 1:15, spot ready for play around 1:08
4th down, field goal, snap around :29
Kickoff around :26, 5 second run back to the 30.

21 seconds to move it 40 yards into field goal range. Definitely time to do it, but tough to do it.

My numbers may are certainly debatable, but no doubt they have less than :30 to go a significant number of yards.

Which scenario has a better chance of them scoring, 1:47 to get 70 yards and a touchdown or 20-30 seconds to get 40 yards. I still can't decide. At least, on my couch, I can't be wrong. ;)

Latest posts