!*****Official 'I Don't Have The ESPN U Channel (IAvsPitt)' Game Thread*****!

Wow. Pitt won 8 games last year, folks. Iowa could not shoot from the floor, and couldn't work inside vs. a bunch of freshmen.

I thought Pitt looked like the better team, tbh, but Iowa's defense kept them at 32% from the field in the second half, and Baer saved the day.

Iowa took too many bad shots, Cook never really got going, and the zone d has been better, but there was zero transition game in the second half. I wonder how much of that was because of the extra effort they're expending on d. Glad they got a win, but sheesh.

We may have trouble in IA City.
All true but the close win is encouraging. How many times have we found ways to lose those games?

Win ugly tonight. Hope for better showing Friday vs Wisconsin!

Like the rest of you, I'm happy we won, BUT, if we play Wisc. the way we played 2night they're gonna kick our aurss!

My lord, just plug Wisecamp in and spell him once a half for about 30 seconds with Moss or Dailey. Dailey can play defense, what the hell can Moss do unless we're playing a cupcake. Stop this Mac, he is not a big game player! It's like waiting for the Globetrotters to lose.
If Moss keeps playing like this I think we will see Dailey a lot more.

Well that looked like Iowa of last year. Just a poor game against a very young team. Had that YMCA look to it.

YMCA. Very few if any in the paint feeds to post players. They made several shots up close under the basket. Just like last season were just out passing the ball around trying to pass to an open player instead of double screening or doing pick and go’s like the way they did to get a wide open slam.

I don’t care if we won the game it looked like Fran of last year. You think the idiot coach would have learned that running the shot clock clock down and only allowing your offense to make one pass isn’t going to work. Fran just doesn’t seem to get it through his little brain. The last three times down the floor you would have thought we were up by nine points as we went into a stall type offense.

We are damn lucky to win the game against a team of freshmen and sophomores. Honestly I don’t think Fran can help himself. He just doesn’t have it. If we play like we did tonight in the B1G it’s going to be another YMCA season.

I will bite my tongue and won’t even talk about Bo and Dailey at the guard position.[/QU

It's a W.

Well that looked like Iowa of last year. Just a poor game against a very young team. Had that YMCA look to it.

YMCA. Very few if any in the paint feeds to post players. They made several shots up close under the basket. Just like last season were just out passing the ball around trying to pass to an open player instead of double screening or doing pick and go’s like the way they did to get a wide open slam.

I don’t care if we won the game it looked like Fran of last year. You think the idiot coach would have learned that running the shot clock clock down and only allowing your offense to make one pass isn’t going to work. Fran just doesn’t seem to get it through his little brain. The last three times down the floor you would have thought we were up by nine points as we went into a stall type offense.

We are damn lucky to win the game against a team of freshmen and sophomores. Honestly I don’t think Fran can help himself. He just doesn’t have it. If we play like we did tonight in the B1G it’s going to be another YMCA season.

I will bite my tongue and won’t even talk about Bo and Dailey at the guard position.

It's a tough call when you're up 1 with 40 seconds left. You pretty much have to stall at that point. I dont know if I've ever seen a game where the plan was to run offense and get the first good shot you can find in that situation. Teams always run the clock down to 10. That was our plan but no one would move and Fran was irate at the team after he called timeout.

That's because they had like 3 scholarship players lol. Once their last coach left the whole team jumped ship. They literally started from scratch. The team isn't all freshmen though and they do have some talent. Freshmen can win you plenty of games in basketball.

Sure. At Pitt though? They're not Kentucky or Louisville or Duke. They aren't traditionally a one and done school, even under Dixon.

I will bite my tongue and won’t even talk about Bo and Dailey at the guard position.
I've seen Bo Ryan, Tom Izzo, and John Beilein win dozens and dozens of those games over the years.

They're the difference between an NCAA team and an NIT (or worse) team. I've seen it for decades.

Lighten up Francis. There are no style points deducted for ugly wins.

That's one thing about basketball. Some nights you're good. Some nights you suck. The trick is to find a way to win when you suck and make sure you dont lose when you're good. We sucked tonight for sure. That doesn't mean we will suck Friday tho.
Luck has something to do with it as well. Last year we foul them on that last play or he kisses it off the glass for game winner. Disappointed Cook missed both free throws, not as clutch as his rebound.

Wow. Pitt won 8 games last year, folks. Iowa could not shoot from the floor, and couldn't work inside vs. a bunch of freshmen.

I thought Pitt looked like the better team, tbh, but Iowa's defense kept them at 32% from the field in the second half, and Baer saved the day.

Iowa took too many bad shots, Cook never really got going, and the zone d has been better, but there was zero transition game in the second half. I wonder how much of that was because of the extra effort they're expending on d. Glad they got a win, but sheesh.

We may have trouble in IA City.

I hope you are wrong but you apparently watched the same game I did. It almost looked like they all had the flu or something.

TRUTH! Hawks forgot how they played disciplined, smart ball to be 6-0 and reverted to perimeter standing and FRANtic style that got them all disjointed.

I’ll certainly take a W against a “ ranked” team but more of this going forward and the Ws will be few.

In the meantime, I’ll enjoy the 6-0 start.

Lol, I know I like the 6-0 start too, but if we play like this in conference play it’s not going to be pretty. I have to give them credit for not caving in at the end of the game.

TRUTH! Hawks forgot how they played disciplined, smart ball to be 6-0 and reverted to perimeter standing and FRANtic style that got them all disjointed.

I’ll certainly take a W against a “ ranked” team but more of this going forward and the Ws will be few.
Giving up 68 points is hardly FRANtic style basketball. Hawks should be given a bunch of credit for that second half D especially after the lackluster first half. Bohannon is still not on, nothing out of Cook and Garza and they found a way to win. That’s the takeaway from tonight’s game.

Luck has something to do with it as well. Last year we foul them on that last play or he kisses it off the glass for game winner. Disappointed Cook missed both free throws, not as clutch as his rebound.

Luck had almost everything to do with that close win. Baer made 2 free throws and Cook got a rebound. That was the only positive things iowa did in the last couple minutes, and the rebound didn't matter because he missed both free throws. After that, they gave up a layup attempt and didn't get the rebound. Lots of luck.

When is fran gonna get over his fear of players fouling out? It was wrong not to have garza out there the last min no?

Pitt neutralized our best player (Garza) because they denied the ball inside. This will be repeated by everyone we play. No dribble drive tonight, no post feeding, that has to not happen again this year. Joe needs to take it to the hoop a lot more. Only one on the team that can.

Save it for the losses. Gonna be plenty of time for this kind of post. The team has flaws, all of em do, but they found a way to win.

Latest posts