!*****Official 'I Don't Have The ESPN U Channel (IAvsPitt)' Game Thread*****!

Luck has something to do with it as well. Last year we foul them on that last play or he kisses it off the glass for game winner. Disappointed Cook missed both free throws, not as clutch as his rebound.
I'll take luck. We haven't had much of it since Fran was here. The KenPom history is well documented.

It's a tough call when you're up 1 with 40 seconds left. You pretty much have to stall at that point. I dont know if I've ever seen a game where the plan was to run offense and get the first good shot you can find in that situation. Teams always run the clock down to 10. That was our plan but no one would move and Fran was irate at the team after he called timeout.

Many very successful coach have a two shot to one philosophy. Shoot to score quickly enough that you know you will get another possessions. How many games did we watch Fran lose last year doing what he did in this game. I am sure if Pitt makes a basket on that last shot everyone would be pointing this out. Bad habits are bad habits and eventually they can come back to not you in the a$$. Baer is not a great three point shooter and thank God he beat the odds toninght or we lose this game.

Lol, I know I like the 6-0 start too, but if we play like this in conference play it’s not going to be pretty. I have to give them credit for not caving in at the end of the game.

How they played tonight is irrelevant to how they will play other nights. They're is 100% chance they will play like this at least a handful more times and there is 100% chance they will play way better a handful of times. The good news is, when we do play like this, we could still possibly win. The better news is, we can lose quite a few games and still make the tourney. Everyone loses games in basketball.

Wouldn't it be something if Pitt took the ACC by storm and snuck into the NCAA'S?

It would be nice for our tournament resume.

The promising thing is we are 6-0 going into Conference play. We had pretty awful performances from a LOT of key players tonight but the D stepped up, energy was good and Baer put the team on his shoulders and basically won the game for them the last 6 minutes. We won, wasn’t pretty, but we won. That’s what matters most. Still tough to tell how good this team is and we will probably lose 1 or 2 of our next 3, but we usually lose those games. No complaints here. Crush Wisconsin!

Most on this board probably had Iowa 3-3 right now or 4-2 at best. They are 6-0 with a lot of things to improve on. I get a kick out of all the negativity. It’s what I envision happens at my wife’s book club when they sit around and complain about their husbands. Bunch of cackling hens.

Many very successful coach have a two shot to one philosophy. Shoot to score quickly enough that you know you will get another possessions. How many games did we watch Fran lose last year doing what he did in this game. I am sure if Pitt makes a basket on that last shot everyone would be pointing this out. Bad habits are bad habits and eventually they can come back to not you in the a$$. Baer is not a great three point shooter and thank God he beat the odds toninght or we lose this game.

The problem with a 2 for 1 is if we shoot early, then they miss a shot, they foul and there are multiple possessions. The fewer possessions in a 1 point game, the better your chance to win.

I do agree that Fran should think about it tho because we cant score for shit when we do that.

I dont think Garza played late because he had a rough night, Baer and Wieskamp played great tonight, and you have to have Cook, Bohannon, and Connor out there late.

My lord, just plug Wisecamp in and spell him once a half for about 30 seconds with Moss or Dailey. Dailey can play defense, what the hell can Moss do unless we're playing a cupcake. Stop this Mac, he is not a big game player! It's like waiting for the Globetrotters to lose.

Easily the BEST and only all- BIG14 caliber player on the team - including the future G-league sub who’s supposed to be impressing scouts with his developed game. JoVice needs to take every second Moss is getting.

I've seen Bo Ryan, Tom Izzo, and John Beilein win dozens and dozens of those games over the years.

They're the difference between an NCAA team and an NIT (or worse) team. I've seen it for decades.

Lighten up Francis. There are no style points deducted for ugly wins.

If their best player hasn’t fouled out and he makes the winning shot or gets fouled and makes the winning free throws you would have a totally different opinion.

Of course I am grateful for the win and maybe it was just an off day and an ugly win but we will not win this way in the B1G.

Given the HUGE experience and the home court advantage Fran quite frankly got out coached. I am hoping they shook off the spider webs in this game and come back and pick up where they left off in the two games before this.

Did anyone else freak out about Dailey shooting 3 or 4 consecutive three-pointers missing them all. That after several Pitt turnovers. We have to have better options than that at that point in the game. Most teams try to draw fouls or get the ball to their post players. Jacking up threes from downtown is not running offense. Wonder what Fran is gonna think about Dolph and Bobbies' assessment of his recruiting ability. Forthcoming apologies from the broadcasters or is it gonna be swept under the rug. Pregame interview Friday could be interesting.

Latest posts