!*****Official 'I Don't Have The ESPN U Channel (IAvsPitt)' Game Thread*****!

Most on this board probably had Iowa 3-3 right now or 4-2 at best. They are 6-0 with a lot of things to improve on. I get a kick out of all the negativity. It’s what I envision happens at my wife’s book club when they sit around and complain about their husbands. Bunch of cackling hens.
Hey Forever did you watch the team last year? We have reason to be suspect. The 2nd half corrections in intensity was welcomed and well received by Hawkeye faithful. I even saw JBo stay in front of someone.

Did anyone else freak out about Dailey shooting 3 or 4 consecutive three-pointers missing them all. That after several Pitt turnovers. We have to have better options than that at that point in the game. Most teams try to draw fouls or get the ball to their post players. Jacking up threes from downtown is not running offense. Wonder what Fran is gonna think about Dolph and Bobbies' assessment of his recruiting ability. Forthcoming apologies from the broadcasters or is it gonna be swept under the rug. Pregame interview Friday could be interesting.

That was really troublesome

Bothered me a bit

We simply can't rely on Dailey to do the scoring

We need much more ball movement and spacing. The players have to move around. We are standing around entirely too much.....

:cool:

It wasn't pretty. Shudda lost. BUT, since when, in the last 40 years, does that last second shot by the opponent NOT go in? I'm still shocked it didn't go in. That NEVER happens to Iowa. Just, wow!

Their best player and shooter had fouled out of the game and if that hadn’t happened then the odds of it happening again are pretty good. But I hear ya it is about time one went our way.

Giving up 68 points is hardly FRANtic style basketball. Hawks should be given a bunch of credit for that second half D especially after the lackluster first half. Bohannon is still not on, nothing out of Cook and Garza and they found a way to win. That’s the takeaway from tonight’s game.

That's true, Iowa's big players didn't produce and they still won. It's the standing around that really bugs me. I don't like that Cook got chippy when he got hammered either. That's the way teams have gotten in Fran's kids heads for years, and you could tell he was still pissed at the line, shooting to assure at least overtime.

They've got work to do coming up. Hope their heads are in it.

Very good defense, and Pitt coming back to earth in the second half. This Pitt team is loaded. See them getting some big wins in the ACC when they learn not to let up. Glad we played them early, getting my voice ready for Friday night. Iowa looked like a team coming off Thanksgiving break, expect a lot better Friday. Think we can win this game if we get a normal shooting night from our shooters.

Most on this board probably had Iowa 3-3 right now or 4-2 at best. They are 6-0 with a lot of things to improve on. I get a kick out of all the negativity. It’s what I envision happens at my wife’s book club when they sit around and complain about their husbands. Bunch of cackling hens.

You don't award a multi-million dollar contract so you can go 3-3. Kids flipping burgers for minimum wage have to meet expectations more than 50% of the time . . . dorkus.

That was really troublesome

Bothered me a bit

We simply can't rely on Dailey to do the scoring

We need much more ball movement and spacing. The players have to move around. We are standing around entirely too much.....

:cool:

Agreed!!!!!!!!

Recruiting, recruting, recruting, recruiting, something Fran struggled mighty with at the guard position. The previous game showed what a point guard should look like in their player names Moss. Our Moss is extremely streaky. Hot, cold, cold, cold, cold, Hot, cold, cold. The really good guards are the rock of a team. The really good ones are hot, hot, hot, cold, hot, warm, hot, hot. Fran has NEVER had a guard like that since he arrived at Iowa. Marble was about as close as he gotten.

The problem with a 2 for 1 is if we shoot early, then they miss a shot, they foul and there are multiple possessions. The fewer possessions in a 1 point game, the better your chance to win.

I do agree that Fran should think about it tho because we cant score for shit when we do that.

That is exactly my point as it just doesn’t work for us like it does other teams. People must have really short memories and I guess as a hawk fan you have to in both major sports.

I have no idea why Cook thought he was dead when he received a light, glancing blow, and had to be taken to the locker room. Gosh, don't be a drama queen, get up and keep playing. And at the end, you were barely touched. Focus on trying to hit a jump shot or two and man up.

If their best player hasn’t fouled out and he makes the winning shot or gets fouled and makes the winning free throws you would have a totally different opinion.

Of course I am grateful for the win and maybe it was just an off day and an ugly win but we will not win this way in the B1G.

Given the HUGE experience and the home court advantage Fran quite frankly got out coached. I am hoping they shook off the spider webs in this game and come back and pick up where they left off in the two games before this.

We will absolutely win games this way in the Big 10. We could beat half of the teams in the conference playing this way as long as they struggle too. Teams dont bring their A game every night. We won on a night we didn't have our A game. That is a very good thing. It's almost better than having our A game tonight and winning by 15.

That's true, Iowa's big players didn't produce and they still won. It's the standing around that really bugs me. I don't like that Cook got chippy when he got hammered either. That's the way teams have gotten in Fran's kids heads for years, and you could tell he was still pissed at the line, shooting to assure at least overtime.

They've got work to do coming up. Hope their heads are in it.

Good points Cincy.

We do need to remember tho that these are very experienced player wearing the Iowa uniform.

Has anyone heard if Bo is injured or something? There were several opportunities in his game where he had space to hit those three pint shots that he was famous for his freshmen year. Does Iowa have a strength and conditioning coach? Does he know what he is doing. Building up a basketball players strength can sometimes be more harmful then good if you build up the wrong muscle as it can damage their shooting touch.

I have no idea why Cook thought he was dead when he received a light, glancing blow, and had to be taken to the locker room. Gosh, don't be a drama queen, get up and keep playing. And at the end, you were barely touched. Focus on trying to hit a jump shot or two and man up.

Remember when Pemsl got drilled and didn't say anything and it would have been a flagrant. Maybe it had something to do with that, trying to bring attention to it to get them to look at the monitor. Get your ass up tho man!

That is exactly my point as it just doesn’t work for us like it does other teams. People must have really short memories and I guess as a hawk fan you have to in both major sports.

If we shoot early with the lead and end up losing, fans would go ballistic and Fran would get criticized by post game analysts .

We will absolutely win games this way in the Big 10. We could beat half of the teams in the conference playing this way as long as they struggle too. Teams dont bring their A game every night. We won on a night we didn't have our A game. That is a very good thing. It's almost better than having our A game tonight and winning by 15.

There is some truth to this. Just as long as their A game returns and hopefully soon. The Big Ten is just too good to hope they stink more than we do.

You don't award a multi-million dollar contract so you can go 3-3. Kids flipping burgers for minimum wage have to meet expectations more than 50% of the time . . . dorkus.

Apparently you missed the point of the comment. Iowa is 6-0, most thought 3-3 at this point. That means something is working thus far compared to last year. . . dumas!

Remember when Pemsl got drilled and didn't say anything and it would have been a flagrant. Maybe it had something to do with that, trying to bring attention to it to get them to look at the monitor. Get your ass up tho man!
Disappointing, actually. You sucked tonight bro. Get up and act like a man at least. Plus...two cinder blocks thrown at the FT line with the game on the line. NBA? Just stop.

Well does this mean contract extensions for all...........maybe a new talk show called "real Hawk talk" I found the comments spot on and real fan like. These guys actually have opinions THEY DON'T SHARE! Only bad part to me was naming Dailey. That's tough Barta almost has to do something about that.

Last edited: