!*****Official 'I Don't Have The ESPN U Channel (IAvsPitt)' Game Thread*****!

I have no idea why Cook thought he was dead when he received a light, glancing blow, and had to be taken to the locker room. Gosh, don't be a drama queen, get up and keep playing. And at the end, you were barely touched. Focus on trying to hit a jump shot or two and man up.
If he got up he could have had a monster jam.

Re Dolph and Bobby - didn’t hear cuz haven’t listened to the broadcast in football or basketball for years. TOO SHILLY. But this...I might just tune in if I know they’re gonna let some raw honesty and truth leak out. Unless, of course, the thin skinned smarm, Barta, boots em for Jim Albrecht and Rob Brooks. Ugggh!

If he got up he could have had a monster jam.
Biggest problem is, he let the team down with his fake knockout...didn't get back to help, taking an extended break looking for sympathy, when, as you say, he could have actually made a shot with a jam. Not impressed with him.

There is some truth to this. Just as long as their A game returns and hopefully soon. The Big Ten is just too good to hope they stink more than we do.

If you hope they suck worse than you do every night, you go 4-14. But some nights that's all you can hope for. We will almost certainly have at least 7 conference games where we are trying to tough out a win without our A game. If it only happens 7 of the 20 games, we will make the tourney for sure. We may even be playing in Des Moines if we sneak out a few of those .

I know everyone wants to dream that we are a legit top 14 team. But odds are, we aren't right now. We just got to hope we win some of our games like tonight, out shoot some teams, and maybe improve as the year goes on. If that can happen, maybe we can end the year with a ranking we maybe dont deserve. Even better yet, maybe we can eventually deserve the ranking that we undeservingly have now.

That said, we "deserve" our ranking right now because of our resume.

Biggest problem is, he let the team down with his fake knockout...didn't get back to help, taking an extended break looking for sympathy, when, as you say, he could have actually made a shot with a jam. Not impressed with him.

He should have gotten back up on defense. But since he didn't, he sure as hell should have gotten up for the cherry pick dunk. Maybe he actually did get hurt a bit?

Hone
Re Dolph and Bobby - didn’t hear cuz haven’t listened to the broadcast in football or basketball for years. TOO SHILLY. But this...I might just tune in if I know they’re gonna let some raw honesty and truth leak out. Unless, of course, the thin skinned smarm, Barta, boots em for Jim Albrecht and Rob Brooks. Ugggh!
Honestly, it could really affect the relation with Fran and Learfield. Very critical of Fran's inability to recruit talent, by both Bobby and Gary. Gary made a very sarcastic swipe at Dailey, this is a possible a career ender for Gary especially if Fran decides to push hard. Bobby is a legend should be fine. Fans will stick up for both guys but Fran might feel he can't trust or work with Gary and Bobby.

He should have gotten back up on defense. But since he didn't, he sure as hell should have gotten up for the cherry pick dunk. Maybe he actually did get hurt a bit?
His pride was hurt, opted for drama. If he was "hurt" that bad he wouldn't have back in the game so quickly.

Hone

Honestly, it could really affect the relation with Fran and Learfield. Very critical of Fran's inability to recruit talent, by both Bobby and Gary. Gary made a very sarcastic swipe at Dailey, this is a possible a career ender for Gary especially if Fran decides to push hard. Bobby is a legend should be fine. Fans will stick up for both guys but Fran might feel he can't trust or work with Gary and Bobby.
Honesty is seldom ever heard...

Easily the BEST and only all- BIG14 caliber player on the team - including the future G-league sub who’s supposed to be impressing scouts with his developed game. JoVice needs to take every second Moss is getting.

How short of memory people have...Moss was actually pretty good in NYC. Getting his shot down early, not turning the ball over, being aggressive and playing defense. He had a bad game, so did quite a few players on the team tonight. He’ll bounce back. Moss’ biggest thing is consistency. If he can only have 1 game like this every now and again instead of like 5 in a row.

How short of memory people have...Moss was actually pretty good in NYC. Getting his shot down early, not turning the ball over, being aggressive and playing defense. He had a bad game, so did quite a few players on the team tonight. He’ll bounce back. Moss’ biggest thing is consistency. If he can only have 1 game like this every now and again instead of like 5 in a row.
That's "fool's gold". Moss has had one good game out of 6. Extrapolate for a season and he's due for about 4 good games. He played well in New York? I didn't see the Oregon game but he didn't against UConn. Moss is a Senior, time to play the more consistent younger players.

Well, it was heard for about 60 seconds on an open mike they thought was dead.
I majored in broadcasting, after starting in journalism, worked in the field for twelve years. The first thing they teach you, when you are around microphones, is treat them like they're live. News anchors have gotten bounced for saying unintended things when they didn't think mikes were live

Some engineer or producer is going to take a major fall for this.

If their best player hasn’t fouled out and he makes the winning shot or gets fouled and makes the winning free throws you would have a totally different opinion.

Of course I am grateful for the win and maybe it was just an off day and an ugly win but we will not win this way in the B1G.

Given the HUGE experience and the home court advantage Fran quite frankly got out coached. I am hoping they shook off the spider webs in this game and come back and pick up where they left off in the two games before this.
Im sure I would have brought up Fran's putrid record in close games. I'll be a straight shooter about that. And your supposed best player clanking two free throws?

I like the defense in the second half. And how Baer stepped up when the team needed someone to. It's time to start with games like this. Izzo and Bo Ryan sure do (have).

Agreed!!!!!!!!

Recruiting, recruting, recruting, recruiting, something Fran struggled mighty with at the guard position. The previous game showed what a point guard should look like in their player names Moss. Our Moss is extremely streaky. Hot, cold, cold, cold, cold, Hot, cold, cold. The really good guards are the rock of a team. The really good ones are hot, hot, hot, cold, hot, warm, hot, hot. Fran has NEVER had a guard like that since he arrived at Iowa. Marble was about as close as he gotten.
Trey Dickerson?:p

Im sure I would have brought up Fran's putrid record in close games. I'll be a straight shooter about that. And your supposed best player clanking two free throws?

I like the defense in the second half. And how Baer stepped up when the team needed someone to. It's time to start with games like this. Izzo and Bo Ryan sure do (have).
The blessing of a game like this is to prove that you really aren't as good as people say you are. It can create a better team with more determined work and discipline. Cook, with his pretend KO, showed the soft side of Iowa that still is very much a part of the team and individual psyche especially when you have a game in which you show the NBA that you still suck in parts of your game, including maturity and team play.

Iowa had, what, 14 wins last year and now has 6 already? Not bad. I just hope the soft side of the team doesn't develop again into the default setting.

Well does this mean contract extensions for all...........maybe a new talk show called "real Hawk talk" I found the comments spot on and real fan like. These guys actually have opinions THEY DON'T SHARE! Only bad part to me was naming Dailey. That's tough Barta almost has to do something about that.
Unless it's a couple of female staff members.....I don't expect Gutless Gary to do much.