OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

To keep this post rolling towards its goal of 100 pages by 2024 kickoff, I'm going to ask this here.

Need some information from the resident Ben Matlocks here.

I have a female friend who's having a small issue with her ex husband. It's in their divorce decree that he has to pay 50% of all medical bills within 30 days of each invoice. She sent him a copy of a bill for around $300-ish 48 days ago by regular mail and got no reply. He's mad about her selling some property he wanted a chance to buy first. (a meat grinder, slicer, and freezer she didn't use for $1,000 which she gave to her son as a down payment for a car) Per my advice she sent it to him again certified mail, he didn't accept delivery, I have the stub and tracking info verifying such. It's still at the post office.

Here's my question(s)...

1) In Iowa can you begin contempt proceedings yourself or does it require an attorney? I know an attorney is always advisable, but I'll get to that in a minute.

2) Would said boyfriend be responsible for reasonable attorney's fees, and are judges usually pretty good about granting attorney fees in matters like this?

The reason I'm asking any of this is she doesn't have a lot of money, and definitely doesn't have a thousand bucks to give a lawyer to recover a $300 medical bill. I told her the best thing to do would be to call her divorce attorney and let her sort it out if he'll be responsible for reasonable legal fees. But I also don't want to see her get screwed over and she's skittish to even call her lawyer to ask because she doesn't want to get hit with a bill for that. If contempt is something that is fairly easy to file on your own for something small I'd help her out with doing that. Maybe there's a quicker and better way to do this, I dunno.

Disclaimer: I am not soliciting legal advice and will not treat any responses as such, nor will any responses be forwarded as legal advice to anyone by me. Any responses to this post will be considered for their purely hypothetical and entertainment values.

Fee free to private message me on HN if you prefer.

To keep this post rolling towards its goal of 100 pages by 2024 kickoff, I'm going to ask this here.

I have a female friend who's having a small issue with her ex husband. It's in their divorce decree that he has to pay 50% of all medical bills within 30 days of each invoice. She sent him a copy of a bill for around $300-ish 48 days ago by regular mail and got no reply. He's mad about her selling some property he wanted a chance to buy first. (a meat grinder, slicer, and freezer she didn't use for $1,000 which she gave to her son as a down payment for a car) Per my advice she sent it to him again certified mail, he didn't accept delivery, I have the stub and tracking info verifying such. It's still at the post office.

Here's my question(s)...

1) In Iowa can you begin contempt proceedings yourself or does it require an attorney? I know an attorney is always advisable, but I'll get to that in a minute.

2) Would said boyfriend be responsible for reasonable attorney's fees, and are judges usually pretty good about granting attorney fees in matters like this?

The reason I'm asking any of this is she doesn't have a lot of money, and definitely doesn't have a thousand bucks to give a lawyer to recover a $300 medical bill. I told her the best thing to do would be to call her divorce attorney and let her sort it out if he'll be responsible for reasonable legal fees. But I also don't want to see her get screwed over and she's skittish to even call her lawyer to ask because she doesn't want to get hit with a bill for that. If contempt is something that is fairly easy to file on your own for something small I'd help her out with doing that. Maybe there's a quicker and better way to do this, I dunno.

Disclaimer: I am not soliciting legal advice and will not treat any responses as such, nor will any responses be forwarded as legal advice to anyone by me. Any responses to this post will be considered for their purely hypothetical and entertainment values.

As a lawyer, my advice is as follows:

Put all effort into building a time machine, use said time machine to go back in time and stay the hell away from the guy. Good luck.

Here's my question(s)...

I've always been intrigued by law and these sticky situations. I think Okeef should help pro bono.

Edit: I'd sick Tim The Grim Lester on him.

I've always been intrigued by law and these sticky situations. I think Okeef should help pro bono.

Edit: I'd sick Tim The Grim Lester on him.
I don't really need help per se, just need to know whether or not one is awarded reasonable legal fees if you have to get an ex held in contempt for not paying. If the answer is yes then she can call her lawyer and just get it over with.

I don't really need help per se, just need to know whether or not one is awarded reasonable legal fees if you have to get an ex held in contempt for not paying. If the answer is yes then she can call her lawyer and just get it over with.

I'm surprised Okeefe can't answer that. Makes ya wonder, is he really a lawyer????

I heard Tim Lester uses a breaded tenderloin to scrub his feet in the shower, and believes Nebraska sweet corn is better than Iowas. He has to go. FIRE TIM LESTER.

There is a pocket in north central Indiana that produces pretty good sweet corn, possibly better than Iowa sweet corn, but no state aside from Iowa or Indiana has any claim to the best sweet corn. The fact that Tim Lester supposedly doesn't know this is troubling.

FIRE TIM LESTER

Our OC was seen leaving the football facility yesterday after practice wearing a pair of penny loafers. FIRE (WICKED) TIM LESTER!

Latest posts