OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

This has gone beyond the point of being fun. Let's give Tim the chance to prove himself. He has to somehow also manage KF. This is a tall order but KF does learn things.

I wonder what type of questions KF is going to field once Lester makes us a top-50 offense? In BF's defense, he had us in that range his first three years (by efficiency metrics, 44th, 43rd, and 54th), but that plummeted to 102nd and 123rd the last 2 years. And it wasn't just the lack of production, it was the complete and total lack of innovation or ability to come up with any sort of counter-punch to what D's were doing to us.

Lester's offense should have a built-in counter-punch if he is allowed to implement PRO. Combine that with solid to + RBs, + TEs, and dare I say a + OL? If we can scrounge any playmaking out of our WR position, and either keep McNamara upright or coach up Lainez or Resar, we are top-half of the conference as an offense.

That might result in KF giving some testy responses to why changes weren't made sooner, but better to answer that question than the question about how his offense can still stink this bad for the 4th year straight.

Speaking of scrounging some playmaking out of our WR position, who on our roster that is not currently in the WR room could make a difference?

I have hope that K. Brown and S. Anderson can look more effective in a better scheme. But we need depth, and I am not sure anyone else on the roster offers much hope (if they did, why were they not on the field at all last year?).

I am curious about Gavin Hoffman (freshman TE who averaged 21 yards/rec over his jr/sr years with 17 TDs; currently enrolled), our soph RBs (Washington, Jr and Moulton), incoming RB Brevin Doll (21.89s 200m, over 600 yds receiving as a junior), and incoming DB Jaylen Watson (HS WR who totaled 1,102 receiving yards as a senior, 16 total TDs).

Ken O'Keefe won over 90 games as OC, Greg Davis got us to 12-0 and a Rose Bowl berth, Brian Ferentz beat Ohio 55-24. These guys have all accomplished something huge. Tim Lester has never won a game as Iowa OC and I am throwing this thread up so that come September we all have a centralized repository of reasons to fire the guy.
Just want you to know I'm using the "Hire Jim Chester" thread to make this one right here my 20,000th post on this board.

Ta-da...

1711024861142.png

Latest posts