OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

The stench that has permeated Iowa City bince this guy got hired is undeniable. The Women's basketball team lost a few games. The men won't make the tournament. The wrestling program went to pure crap. The offense hasn't scored yet. This guy is a bad luck charm, let's get him out of town.
If we cut ties with him at this point, Iowa will be just like Nebraska.

I can see the headline now. "Newly hired OC Ghosts a major college football program".

From the article

".......... Tim Lester, the newly hired offensive coordinator at the University of Iowa, has not been seen or heard of since his hiring in late January 2024. He was hired to resurrect an underwhelming and fledgling offense that has ended last or near the bottom of the NCAA offenses the last several years. The university is asking anybody who may know the whereabouts of Tim Lester to contact the university. Some have wondered if Tim Lester is realizing he bit off more than he can chew and if he is experiencing buyer's remorse or experiencing a midlife crisis based on his decision .........."

Last edited:
Our OC was seen recently in Ames eating at Aunt Maude's with Troy and Darren Davis Jr. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER.

This past Wednesday marked 6 full weeks of his tenure without a single third down conversion.

Since Jim Chester was hired Iowa basketball has scored 949 points. The football team is scoreless. Let that sink in for a minute.

This past Wednesday marked 6 full weeks of his tenure without a single third down conversion.

Since Jim Chester was hired Iowa basketball has scored 949 points. The football team is scoreless. Let that sink in for a minute.
....and as pointed out above the wrestling program has had a season like no other with their slide. But, the women's wrestling team brought home a NC!

Thanks for the thoughtful and nuanced topic to discus. My beef is that as a 'well known member' of this forum I didn't have a chance to start a new thread on an important issue.

My thread topic is "So NOW what are we going to bitch about". First it was the O, then in was the O coach search. But as circumstances would have it the fabric of the disucsison went seamlessly to fire the SOB.

thanks for nothing.
Nchawker, you can start the fire the oline coach thread. I suspect it may be warranted!

Last edited:
Our OC was seen walking into the Iowa Football Facility today sporting a Kansas State men's basketball shirt. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

This has gone beyond the point of being fun. Let's give Tim the chance to prove himself. He has to somehow also manage KF. This is a tall order but KF does learn things.

Latest posts