OFFICIAL FIRE TIM LESTER THREAD

Was her name Lola? I think she burned a lot of dudes.

My neighbor has a niece who is about 7 or 8 years old who is named Lola. The family was over for some event and when I heard the name I instinctively broke into singing Lola by the Kinks. The family, who is extremely religious, hadn't heard the song and to say they were mortified when they found out that their daughter shared a name with a song about a Soho transvestite is an understatement. I told them it was no big deal because I am getting close to 50 and I'm probably about the youngest person who knows that song, a point evidenced by the fact that they hadn't even heard it.

The Kinks were quite good, members of the British Invasion

YARN | whose name I wanted to shout from the rooftops. | Sex and the City  (1998) - S01E06 Romance | Video gifs by quotes | 35363def | 紗

Who else...?

Tim Lester

The Kinks were quite good, members of the British Invasion

I often wonder if Tim Lester has stumbled upon and read this thread. I'm sure he would get a kick out of it.

What are the % odds he's read it and checks in every once-in-awhile?
I hope he finds the thread and tries to do something about it! Ever since he took our beloved and future head coach Brian’s job I’ve wanted to get in an octagon with him.

FIRE TIM LESTER

I'm guessing some booster or AD staff person tipped him off already. It is the fishbowl of IA Athletics as Lute knew so well.
The thing is, I'm thinking he's new to an area and program and that he might have lurked around on the net looking for info anywhere or to get a feel for the fans, etc.. He's also a bit younger than KF so I could see it.

Apparently our OC doesn't like the Kinks. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

His wife made this statement in a recent interview, totally out of the blue "You wouldn't know it by looking at Tim, but he's kind of kinky".

Left Scott Dochterman's jaw on the floor. Mike Hlas, on the other hand, was rolling on the floor.

Last edited:
He was seen entering the football facility with an "I love Vic's Popcorn" shirt on. FIRE TIM (WICKED) LESTER

Well it was better than Thursday's shirt which said "I brake for squirrels".

That's what I saw Thursday through my binocs when he was rolling out of his Dodge Dart to go in.

His wife made this statement in a recent interview, totally out of the blue "You wouldn't know it by looking at Tim, but he's kind of kinky".

Left Scott Dochterman's jaw on the floor. Mike Hlas, on the other hand, was rolling on the floor.
That poor lady only thinks he’s kinky. He’s a missionary guy and his only kink is he farts on completion, which is early and often if one had to guess. Go design more halfback screen plays nerd.
FIRE TIM LESTER!

Come Dancing was one the 1st cassette I ever owned. That song and it's content was way ahead of it's time.

They put a parking lot on a piece of land
Where the supermarket used to stand
Before that they put up a bowling alley
On the site that used to be the local palais
That's where the big bands used to come and play
My sister went there on a Saturday

Come dancing
All her boyfriends used to come and call
Why not come dancing?
It's only natural

Another Saturday, another date
She would be ready but she's always make them wait
In the hallway, in anticipation
He didn't know the night would end up in frustration
He'd end up blowing all his wages for the week
All for a cuddle and a peck on the cheek
Come dancing

That's how they did it when I was just a kid
And when they said "come dancing"
My sister always did
My sister should have come in at midnight
And my mum would always sit up and wait
It always ended up in a big row
When my sister used to get home late

Out of my window, I could see them in the moonlight
Two silhouettes saying goodnight by the garden gate

The day they knocked down the palais
My sister stood and cried
The day they knocked down the palais
Part of my childhood died, just died
Now I'm grown up and playing in a band
And there's a car park where the palais used to stand
My sister's married and she lives on an estate
Her daughters go out, now it's her turn to wait
She knows they get away with things she never could
But if I asked her, I wonder if she would
Come dancing

Come on, sister, have yourself a ball
Don't be afraid to come dancing
It's only natural
Come dancing
Just like the palais on a Saturday
And all her friends would come dancing
While the big bands used to play
Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Ray Davies

what is the best offensive strategy in football

ChatGPT
The best offensive strategy in football often depends on various factors, including the strengths and weaknesses of the team, the skill set of individual players, and the style of play preferred by the coaching staff. However, some commonly effective offensive strategies include:
  1. Spread Offense: This strategy spreads the field horizontally, often using multiple wide receivers, to stretch the defense and create mismatches. It can be effective in both running and passing situations.
  2. Pro-Style Offense: This traditional approach emphasizes a balanced attack between running and passing plays, often with a strong emphasis on play-action passing and using tight ends and fullbacks as blockers or receivers.
  3. Option Offense: This strategy relies on the quarterback's ability to read the defense and make decisions on whether to hand off the ball, keep it, or pitch it to another player. It can be particularly effective against defenses that struggle to defend against the run.
  4. Air Raid Offense: This pass-heavy strategy focuses on quick passes, timing routes, and spreading the field with multiple receivers. It's designed to create mismatches and exploit weaknesses in the defense's coverage.
  5. Power Running Offense: This approach relies on a strong offensive line and powerful running backs to control the line of scrimmage and wear down the defense with a consistent running game.
Ultimately, the best offensive strategy is one that plays to the strengths of the team's personnel while exploiting the weaknesses of the opposing defense. Flexibility and adaptability are key, as successful offenses often adjust their game plan based on the flow of the game and the specific matchups they encounter.

what is the best offensive strategy in football

ChatGPT
The best offensive strategy in football often depends on various factors, including the strengths and weaknesses of the team, the skill set of individual players, and the style of play preferred by the coaching staff. However, some commonly effective offensive strategies include:
  1. Spread Offense: This strategy spreads the field horizontally, often using multiple wide receivers, to stretch the defense and create mismatches. It can be effective in both running and passing situations.
  2. Pro-Style Offense: This traditional approach emphasizes a balanced attack between running and passing plays, often with a strong emphasis on play-action passing and using tight ends and fullbacks as blockers or receivers.
  3. Option Offense: This strategy relies on the quarterback's ability to read the defense and make decisions on whether to hand off the ball, keep it, or pitch it to another player. It can be particularly effective against defenses that struggle to defend against the run.
  4. Air Raid Offense: This pass-heavy strategy focuses on quick passes, timing routes, and spreading the field with multiple receivers. It's designed to create mismatches and exploit weaknesses in the defense's coverage.
  5. Power Running Offense: This approach relies on a strong offensive line and powerful running backs to control the line of scrimmage and wear down the defense with a consistent running game.
Ultimately, the best offensive strategy is one that plays to the strengths of the team's personnel while exploiting the weaknesses of the opposing defense. Flexibility and adaptability are key, as successful offenses often adjust their game plan based on the flow of the game and the specific matchups they encounter.
I agree adaptability is important, because a team will play so many different teams in a season with different defensive schemes and personnel. But, they still need to identify a philosophy or style and recruit to that style for consistency, so a team can only be versatile and adapt so much. So, ya pick one of those styles above and maybe mix in some additional plays to provide that flexibility when playing some teams, I guess.

Latest posts