**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Mel Rojas. :)

I will see your Mel Rojas and raise you with a Wild Thing

MitchWilliams.jpg

I thought we were doing closers....fine, have a little Dickie Noles!

99.jpg
Shiraldi was a closer! Really, really, bad closer for the Red Sox. Cubs tried to change him to a starter in 1988 and switched him back in 1989 before trading him. I will go back to full time closers if you like ...

4a205139afc4f_66095b.jpg

Shiraldi was a closer! Really, really, bad closer for the Red Sox. Cubs tried to change him to a starter in 1988 and switched him back in 1989 before trading him. I will go back to full time closers if you like ...

Man, you old enough to remember Zamora as the Cubs closer? He was closer in an era where the pitchers still went 9 innings. One year Jenkins finished 30 games in ONE season, that is a career in todays era of pitch counts.

This is about as far as I go back:

51FT42ZKkGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For some reason I became a Cub fan during this time, I have no idea why as they were horrible. But I have been suffering ever sense.

do the cubs have two allstars on the infield?

Duff, I was wondering this last night. Both Castro and LaHair are making a strong case to be All Stars this year. Throw in Samardzija and the Cubs could make a case to have, gasp, three in the all star game.

do the cubs have two allstars on the infield?

The season is barely a month old but as of right now I would say LaHair is for sure. The only thing that might hinder Castro's chances are the amount of errors he already has but All-Star selections tend to be based more on offensive numbers. Other than Furcal, who is off to a great start, I'm not sure who else in the NL would be worthy at SS if it isnt Castro.

Last edited:
Duff, I was wondering this last night. Both Castro and LaHair are making a strong case to be All Stars this year. Throw in Samardzija and the Cubs could make a case to have, gasp, three in the all star game.

Dont forget about Dempster who leads the league in ERA at 0.95. He has had some terrible luck with absolutely no run support and Marmol blowing leads.

its almost impossible to make the as team as a pitcher from bad/mediocre team. you can't compile the wins needed and as managers reward their own pitchers more than any other position.

its almost impossible to make the as team as a pitcher from bad/mediocre team. you can't compile the wins needed and as managers reward their own pitchers more than any other position.

Dont forget about Dempster who leads the league in ERA at 0.95. He has had some terrible luck with absolutely no run support and Marmol blowing leads.

I was looking at his numbers as well but unless he wins some games and stays healthy I don't think he would get a serious look.

It makes me sick to think how close the Cubs are to being in 2nd place in the division.

I get that but if Samardzija continues his dominating performance he will get a look. He is among the league leaders in about every pitching catagory.

yes, of he makes it to the break 9-2 with a 3.0 era he will get the nod.

out of him, Castro, and lahair he's the one least likely to continue his current level of performance.

Man, you old enough to remember Zamora as the Cubs closer? He was closer in an era where the pitchers still went 9 innings. One year Jenkins finished 30 games in ONE season, that is a career in todays era of pitch counts.

This is about as far as I go back:

51FT42ZKkGL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

For some reason I became a Cub fan during this time, I have no idea why as they were horrible. But I have been suffering ever sense.
Dirt Tidrow! Yes, I am old as dirt (well, old enough to remember this era of Cubdom) as well. My friends and I always have fun throwing out old Cub names to remember the good old days. :) Good Times!

yes, of he makes it to the break 9-2 with a 3.0 era he will get the nod.

out of him, Castro, and lahair he's the one least likely to continue his current level of performance.

I'd say LaHair is actually the one who is least likely to keep this pace. Samardzija has always had the stuff, just couldn't seem to pull it together mentally. He has now.

I'd say LaHair is actually the one who is least likely to keep this pace. Samardzija has always had the stuff, just couldn't seem to pull it together mentally. He has now.
Maturity and command for Samardzija. It's fun to watch a pitcher grow up in front of your eyes and not have the organization give up so quickly on a young pitcher. I almost forget he's a Golden Domer (almost). :)

Latest posts