**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

I'd say LaHair is actually the one who is least likely to keep this pace. Samardzija has always had the stuff, just couldn't seem to pull it together mentally. He has now.

Come on tm, you can do better than that. My gawd, no one is expecting LaHair to still be hitting .380 at the all star break. LaHair could drop 50 points off his average and still be all star material.

Come on tm, you can do better than that. My gawd, no one is expecting LaHair to still be hitting .380 at the all star break. LaHair could drop 50 points off his average and still be all star material.

No one except for Duff, apparently. Samardzija is way more likely to keep pitching like this than LaHair is to keep hitting this well. Yet Duff thinks Samardzija is the least likely to maintain his current level of performance,

lahair has done this before at the professional level for an entire season.

smardjzjrjcjcjeja has never been this dominant as a starting pitcher as a pro. hell, he's never been a starting pitcher for a full season. he's never had an era under four at any level as a starter. hes never pitched more than 140 innings in a season.

if the question is who is more likely to continue to perform at an all star level, lahair at first, or smardzjajzjajejr as a starter, it would be foolish to pick smardjzzvjajejr

I have no idea what you are talking about.

I said Lahair is more likely to continue to produce at an all star level this year because he has a track record of producing at a high level for an entire season as a professional.

Smardjazgjazja has NEVER produced at a high level for a full season as a starter as a professional.

yes, of he makes it to the break 9-2 with a 3.0 era he will get the nod.

out of him, Castro, and lahair he's the one least likely to continue his current level of performance.

I said Lahair is more likely to continue to produce at an all star level this year because he has a track record of producing at a high level for an entire season as a professional.

Smardjazgjazja has NEVER produced at a high level for a full season as a starter as a professional.

I'd say LaHair has about zero chance to keep hitting .380+. And he's got no track record whatsoever of producing at a high level in the majors, just like Samardzija. JS has alway had the talent. He's now got the command to go with it.

I'd say LaHair has about zero chance to keep hitting .380+. And he's got no track record whatsoever of producing at a high level in the majors, just like Samardzija. JS has alway had the talent. He's now got the command to go with it.

He has batted .289, .308 and .331 in the last 3 years in the minors. I'd say that's a good track record of producing. Not to mention 26, 25, and 38 HRs. He's not saying he's gonna bat .380, but an All Star doesn't have to bat .380.

Love this pic from last night's game - Fog Game!

144008498_extra_large.jpg

Not to mention the hair! :) Do we forget Samardza's AB on Sunday when he got a HBP to key the rally to beat LA? :D

143974013_extra_large.jpg

He has batted .289, .308 and .331 in the last 3 years in the minors. I'd say that's a good track record of producing. Not to mention 26, 25, and 38 HRs. He's not saying he's gonna bat .380, but an All Star doesn't have to bat .380.

I don't seem to recall where AAA stats mean much on the major league level. Pitchers will eventually figure him out.

What I'm talking about is that LaHair has little experience at the MLB level, and that success in the minors doesn't necessarily translate to the majors.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you that LaHair is more likely to keep up the pace than is Jeff S.. If I was a betting man, I would be tempted to take LaHair, but both players are still unproven IMO. LaHair is killing the ball so far, but I also have to ask myself why he's 29 and has seen such little MLB action to this point in his career. Late bloomer? Possibly (but could also say that maybe JS is a "later bloomer" too). Let's see if LaHair comes back down to earth by the All-Star break, and certainly by the end of the season. And for that matter, what JS is doing by that time as well.

Last edited:
my choice of words was fine. I explained half a dozen posts ago that I was talking about continuing to produce at an all star level. you are the one wasting time arguing w no one debating lahair won't hit .380 this year

I don't seem to recall where AAA stats mean much on the major league level. Pitchers will eventually figure him out.

I'm not sure what to tell you if you don't think AAA stats are good enough to have a decent idea of what a guy will bat in majors. The talent in AAA is very good. I know the MLB guys are a step above that, but not everyone gets "figured out". Yeah, he hits the fastball well and they will adjust to him. He still strikes out quite a bit. But he can cover a lot of the plate and does it for power. He is a solid player.

I don't think he will bat .380 either. Hell, it might be .280. But if he does so with 18-22 HRs and drives in 90? That is producing. And I think he does that.

What I'm talking about is that LaHair has little experience at the MLB level, and that success in the minors doesn't necessarily translate to the majors.

Not that I necessarily disagree with you that LaHair is more likely to keep up the pace than is Jeff S.. If I was a betting man, I would be tempted to take LaHair, but both players are still unproven IMO. LaHair is killing the ball so far, but I also have to ask myself why he's 29 and has seen such little MLB action to this point in his career. Late bloomer? Possibly (but could also say that maybe JS is a "later bloomer" too). Let's see if LaHair comes back down to earth by the All-Star break, and certainly by the end of the season. And for that matter, what JS is doing by that time as well.

He's a Cub. They haven't managed a club well for years. They had no room for him due to high priced veterans. He has been tearing the cover off the ball for three years in the minors.

He's a Cub. They haven't managed a club well for years. They had no room for him due to high priced veterans. He has been tearing the cover off the ball for three years in the minors.

When the Cubs mismanage the club, it's typically bringing a guy up too early, not the other way around.

When the Cubs mismanage the club, it's typically bringing a guy up too early, not the other way around.

Pitchers are where you get into more trouble with that. LaHair should have been in the majors 2 years ago. Instead they left him down there to age. Which is fine if you have someone producing in the bigs, but they didn't.

Latest posts