**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

I would not rule out "dreamy" deals just yet with this administration. In my mind the deal they pulled off last night getting Vizcaino was "dreamy". Here all the rumors were surrounding Dempster & Garza and out of no where players get yanked in the game last night and they land a top 40 prospect.

The Cubs desperately need upper level pitching prospects as most of their prospects are in the lower levels and so far that is what the Epstein/Hoyer are going out and getting.

Yeah you're right. Just because I hadnt really heard of vizcanio, he's been injured for a while and is somewhat off the radar. He is very highly regarded though and a great get.

But it sounds like Demp is harder to move and I'm just skeptical. I hope they can get Lee for him, since it's 'going to be LA'.

But I don't want to trade garza, he's as talented as any pitcher out there and not too old either

Yeah you're right. Just because I hadnt really heard of vizcanio, he's been injured for a while and is somewhat off the radar. He is very highly regarded though and a great get.

But it sounds like Demp is harder to move and I'm just skeptical. I hope they can get Lee for him, since it's 'going to be LA'.

But I don't want to trade garza, he's as talented as any pitcher out there and not too old either

I don't think Demp goes to LA. They won't give enough for him. Unless they can package Soriano, but with Demp who knows.

With Garza, he's a good pitcher but a #2 at best, he's not an ace and is too inconsistent for me. He's 28 years old, likely to make 12.5 mil next year then heads to free agency where he could make big bucks. If the cubs can get some good controllable prospects for him then it is an easy decision in my mind.

I don't think Demp goes to LA. They won't give enough for him. Unless they can package Soriano, but with Demp who knows.

With Garza, he's a good pitcher but a #2 at best, he's not an ace and is too inconsistent for me. He's 28 years old, likely to make 12.5 mil next year then heads to free agency where he could make big bucks. If the cubs can get some good controllable prospects for him then it is an easy decision in my mind.

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I realize how good of trade bait he can be I the next few hours. He's coming off that injury, but they say he had a GREAT bullpen session. A contending team that wants one more power arm should look at Garza.

I was just saying that in the mindset of rebuilding and collecting young, talented arms... Garza is a young, talented arm himself.

If the cubbies could trade him to maybe NYY, it could be awesome. They are looking for another rotation piece, and he knows that division. Plus the Yankees have some good farmhands

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I realize how good of trade bait he can be I the next few hours. He's coming off that injury, but they say he had a GREAT bullpen session. A contending team that wants one more power arm should look at Garza.

I was just saying that in the mindset of rebuilding and collecting young, talented arms... Garza is a young, talented arm himself.

If the cubbies could trade him to maybe NYY, it could be awesome. They are looking for another rotation piece, and he knows that division. Plus the Yankees have some good farmhands

I would definitely prefer the Bluejays, their system is awesome and that would just be great. The yanks are ok, but they made a deal with Seattle earlier that sent a few, and Baneulos has fallen back, so their system is just ok IMO. I would also like the Rangers as they have a great farm system but are not likely to let many of those interesting pieces go.

Time will tell if these trades pan out, but for now we have nothing to lose as we didn't give up any building blocks. I like how we are stockpiling arms.
Not sure if it has been said or noticed for awhile, but that Rizzo deal is looking more and more like one of the steals of the century! How on earth we got him for only Cashner is beyond me but it sure is looking lopsided at this point. Seems like Rizzo has a great head on his shoulders and he could be our anchor at 1B for a long time. Cashner might not stay off the DL long enough to make a difference.

I just read that the TX rangers deal for soto includes a player-to-be-named or cash option for the cubs. It sounds like, depending on how soto does, and what he does (playing time), the cubs may receive an additional prospect or cash. Maybe it's been said already but just FYI. Could be promising

Just when the Cubbies were getting fun to watch....

I understand the concept. If they have a chance to unload Soriano's contract, that would be huge (even though he's earning it this year). I just hope we get some great prospects.

Re: Just when the Cubbies were getting fun to watch....

I understand the concept. If they have a chance to unload Soriano's contract, that would be huge (even though he's earning it this year). I just hope we get some great prospects.

there's already a cubs thread with plenty of discussion. your opinion isn't worthy of it's own thread.

Sounds like Cubs bent over backwards for the dodgers (or was it got bent over by the dodgers) in the dempster deal. Possibly Russel heading west, that would be sad.

I am hearing the same thing, Dempster to the Dodgers in a multiple player deal that may involve Russell or Camp. Obviously I would prefer they give up Camp over Russell as I see Russell as a long term piece. But evidently the Cubs are going all out to get Allen Webster and a multiple player deal was the only way it was going to get done.

I am hearing the same thing, Dempster to the Dodgers in a multiple player deal that may involve Russell or Camp. Obviously I would prefer they give up Camp over Russell as I see Russell as a long term piece. But evidently the Cubs are going all out to get Allen Webster and a multiple player deal was the only way it was going to get done.

I really hope it's not Russell. A 26 year old solid left handed reliever isn't easy to replace. If they do give him up, I hope Allen Webster is the real deal.

I really hope it's not Russell. A 26 year old solid left handed reliever isn't easy to replace. If they do give him up, I hope Allen Webster is the real deal.

I do to, Webster's minor league stats have been ok but nothing that blows me away. He is only 4-8 in AA but has a respectable 3.90 ERA.

Bob Nightengale says other teams still involved for dempster. Not done deal to the dodgers.

It looks like Dempster will be traded on way or another today. I was certain Garza would be traded today also, but there hasn't been as much talk about him today. My guess is, once the Dempster deals get done, we'll start hearing a lot more about Garza. I've also heard there is a chance to move Sori today. He has had a decent year, but I'm all for starting over in left field, even if that means eating a big portion of his contract for the right prospects.

Latest posts