**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

Dude we know the Cubs suck, so when you come into a Cubs thread and try to talk trash it has 0 effect on us. We don't really care about this year. 3 or 4 years from now, we'll probably be mad about losing again. For now, there's no point.

It seemed to have an effect just now.

CUBS LOSE. BAHAHAHAHAHAH

I was just trying to save you time. If it makes you feel good about yourself to brag about beating the Cubs, then fire away.

Went to the Astros twice this week. Free tickets both times. they lost of course.

However Milo Hamilton and Brett Dolan two of the three radio announcers are Iowa grads. Milo is okay but Brett is a good guy. Wore my Hawkeye Nation shirt. Brett comes to the game watches sometimes if during the day(after baseball ends). His son is like 9 years old so he cant stay up too late. He mostly comes to the watches when his wife tells him to get out of the house for being too fanatical over Iowa FB games.

Hard to believe with the Cubs being sellers and having good players to offer that no deal has been done yet.

Demp reall put a hold on that. If he agreed to the ATL deal, Garza likely would've been dealt sooner than not this year. Also, I think the cubs will keep Maholm. He's worth more (just experience wise) next year than what they could get in return right now. I still think Demp and R. Johnson get dealt by tomorrow.

Also the Dodgers are said to be including their 3 top prospects. Lee, Webster, or Reed. I say forget the dodgers. If they won't include one of them don't deal with them. I think more teams will jump in. I've heard nationals and brave still really interested. i would love to see the braves still include Delgado, maybe they take R. Johnson too. Maybe the Rangers jump in. Who knows. I say screw the dodgers.

Last edited:
I will summarize some Demp rumors:

1. Cubs bending over backward for Dodgers (bad news) but they won't include Lee, Webster or Reed.

2. Braves may be willing to put delgado back on table

3. Nationals exec would not be surprised to see Demp traded to them

If you're watching teh cubs game, it's pretty obvious that Reed Johnson just got traded. Pulled from the game before his second at bat in the 5th inning when the cubs were up 9-2. Lots of hugs going around.

Reed was one of my favorite cubs. Not an amazing player or star, but a guy that gave it 100% effort 100% of the time. Never forget the catch he made to rob Fielder of a homer. He had some mad ups on that one.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0HaBo2Z6Zc&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PLA8E616809B700FB3[/ame]

Last edited:

Latest posts