**OFFICIAL CUBS REGULAR SEASON THREAD**

For anyone interested, Comcast is showing Kerry Wood's 20 strike out game against the Astros tonight at 7:00.

I watched it, it was neat them having Wood in the studio to talk about the game. Kerry Wood said that last pitch was where he felt something in his elbow for the first time. I was amazed to hear that game was his first complete game at any level, he never pitched one in the minors. So at the end of the game he was not sure on what to do.

Last edited:
I watched it, it was neat them having Wood in the studio to talk about the game. Kerry Wood said that last pitch was where he felt something in his elbow for the first time. I was amazed to hear that game was his first complete game at any level, he never pitched one in the minors. So at the end of the game he was not sure on what to do.

I knew that game ruined him. Oh you selfish cub fans. Sacrifice a guys career for one lousy game against the Astros.

Since Rizzo has joined the Cubs, they have become a decent offensive team. If we could sign Hamels and Greinke they could possibly become a division competitor next season.

Since Rizzo has joined the Cubs, they have become a decent offensive team. If we could sign Hamels and Greinke they could possibly become a division competitor next season.

They look better with Rizzo at 1st no question. But Soriano is on one of his hot streaks and is not the long term answer in left.

But I gotta say I have been really down on Soriano but he is showing us something here. Hopefully he is showing enough to an AL contender for them to offer up a prospect or 2. He still makes a pretty good DH.

We need LaHair to get hot now.

Dempster with another 6 scoreless innings to run his streak to 33. I gotta believe he's not going to be around much longer.

You almost hate to see anyone leave considering how well they are playing right now. I know the reality is we have to think of the future though. One of those double edge sword instances I suppose.

If the cubs had any sort of a bullpen the first 2 months of the season, and any offense for Dempster he would be a CY young leader right now.

I think this is Dempster's last start for the cubs THIS season, but I do think he will be back on the north side next year.

Also, the cubs should keep Soriano. He's a good club house guy and can still produce. The cubs will have to pay 95% of his salary and likely get little in return. He's not blocking anyone so keep him.

Last edited:
General consensus seems to be that was Demp's last outing as a Cub. With the way he has been pitching we better get something good in return.

Now that we keep doing this winning thing I bet we start unloading pretty quick before we could make much more of a push.

If the cubs had any sort of a bullpen the first 2 months of the season, and any offense for Dempster he would be a CY young leader right now.

I think this is Dempster's last start for the cubs THIS season, but I do think he will be back on the north side next year.

Also, the cubs should keep Soriano. He's a good club house guy and can still produce. The cubs will have to pay 95% of his salary and likely get little in return. He's not blocking anyone so keep him.

I agree, what you'll likely get in a trade for him will likely not be worth trading him. It's clear he can still be useful so why not keep him around.

With Mark Appel not signing with the Pirates, I would not mind the cubs having the worst record in baseball this year.

I wouldn't touch Appel with a ten foot pole. His coaches at Stanford abuse his arm. I would be shocked if he isn't afflicted with some major injuries as a pro.

I hope no trades occur with the Yankees, their farm system is poor and their best prospects are not doing well this year. Think it is a bad fit for the cubbies

Latest posts