Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Thanks BUM-garner. Way to keep your composure out there. You're sailing along, mowing the Brewers down, then you have to start shit with their elder statesman, Braun. Bum, you're past your heyday. Do your headhunting bullshit on someone else's watch

As for the Cubs, this is what you want. It's right front of you. Lester, Q, and Hindu lined up to show who wants to win the division. Baez, you want MVP consideration, time to wake up-its September. Bryant, you want big free agent money someday, this is the time of the year legends are made. Murphy, Riz, and Zo, keep doing what you've been doing. Bullpen, throw f'in strikes! You screwed up two games on that trip-Monday in Milwaukee and last night.

Huge series boys and girls, what say you? Lester is ahead in the count and gives up a single........won't last much longer, blown double play.....jhc

The Cubs are going to end up missing the playoffs at this rate
Counsell is completely outmanaging Maddon. Contreras has cost his pitchers five strikes because he can't frame low pitches.
That said, the Dodgers, who are the odd team out right now for the wild card, would have to damn near run the table for the Cubs to miss playoffs. Doesn't make tonight any less frustrating, or the last week. Someone besides Bote will have to play hero. And we could easily run into Scherzer again on that stupid makeup game on Thursday that better get Florenced out so we don't even have to get on the plane.

The Cubs have been in the middle this power outage for a few weeks now. They are way overdue to snap out of it. Now would be a good time, boys.

Stay positive boys, it is a grind of a schedule right now against good teams. One thing this team has shown is resilience the last 3 years which you can't put a stat on. Last night was a nice grind it out win. It is very hard to do what they are doing in baseball, which is hopefully make the playoffs 4 straight years. Look, the Dodgers might miss them after being in the Series last year! The fact we have as many wins as we do with very little from Bryant (whom i'm still pretty sure isn't 100%), nothing from Darvish, Morrow on the shelf for quite awhile, J Hey on the shelf twice, really not much from Wilson since the break, Russell ain't done jack squat at the plate all year... is pretty remarkable. Now, that said, to win in the playoffs we need Morrow back throwing well IMO and of course the offense has to come alive at some point. Bryzzo has to carry this team.

I'm grateful for the W last night, but we need to continue to find a way to extend a lead. We need the hit with 2 outs, or the strikeout with bases juiced. It is a 2 game lead,and today, hopefully 3. We have guys that are in a funk, we have guys hurt.....someone in the clubhouse will step up as a leader and keep everyone in check and motivated to move forward, do their tbing, and keep winning.

Brilliant managing by Maddon last night, getting Caratini in the lineup, pulling Q at the right time, getting Russell in there for defense. Cubs have been resiliant if nothing else but so has Milwaukee. That eight game swing through SF and LA should have finished them. (They went 5-3) So should that horrible call in Cincinnati a couple weeks ago. And definitely Rizzo taking Hader deep on Labor Day. None of them did. When BUM- garner tried to start shit with Braun on Sunday Schoop responded with a grand slam.
Hader was throwing scud missiles the other night. I would feel much better finishing our head to head with them on a three game lead, not a one game, because I want the division, not the wild card.

Hendricks tonight makes me feels comfy for a win. I feel he goes 7 with a 3 run lead. Hopefully Comcast doesn't have the fucking southsiders on like last night. And I see it's on ESPN, thank God

Brilliant managing by Maddon last night, getting Caratini in the lineup, pulling Q at the right time, getting Russell in there for defense. Cubs have been resiliant if nothing else but so has Milwaukee. That eight game swing through SF and LA should have finished them. (They went 5-3) So should that horrible call in Cincinnati a couple weeks ago. And definitely Rizzo taking Hader deep on Labor Day. None of them did. When BUM- garner tried to start shit with Braun on Sunday Schoop responded with a grand slam.
Hader was throwing scud missiles the other night. I would feel much better finishing our head to head with them on a three game lead, not a one game, because I want the division, not the wild card.

You bring up a good point that sometimes goes overlooked even though it is so simple... Milwaukee has a good team! They have a lot of depth like the Cubs because of the trades they have made. Sometimes it isn't what your team is or isn't doing but the fact that you are playing an almost equally as talented team. Hader was filthy the other night for sure. We don't have a guy like that in the pen, which scares me in the playoffs.

You bring up a good point that sometimes goes overlooked even though it is so simple... Milwaukee has a good team! They have a lot of depth like the Cubs because of the trades they have made. Sometimes it isn't what your team is or isn't doing but the fact that you are playing an almost equally as talented team. Hader was filthy the other night for sure. We don't have a guy like that in the pen, which scares me in the playoffs.
They have an excellent manager too. That definitely gets overlooked. He uses his bench well, with pinch hitters and the like. He definitely uses his bullpen well. If a reliever comes in and is untouchable for his inning, I've always campaigned for him to get a second inning. See Josh Hader Monday night. Hell, he could probably gone out for a third inning if necessary.

Stay positive boys, it is a grind of a schedule right now against good teams. One thing this team has shown is resilience the last 3 years which you can't put a stat on. Last night was a nice grind it out win. It is very hard to do what they are doing in baseball, which is hopefully make the playoffs 4 straight years. Look, the Dodgers might miss them after being in the Series last year! The fact we have as many wins as we do with very little from Bryant (whom i'm still pretty sure isn't 100%), nothing from Darvish, Morrow on the shelf for quite awhile, J Hey on the shelf twice, really not much from Wilson since the break, Russell ain't done jack squat at the plate all year... is pretty remarkable. Now, that said, to win in the playoffs we need Morrow back throwing well IMO and of course the offense has to come alive at some point. Bryzzo has to carry this team.
It's been Rizzobrist the last couple weeks. And Hamels IMO has rippled through the whole rotation, putting less pressure on them. The bats are tired. And we could really use a reschedule of the Florence Bowl. What if those guys go there and can't leave the DC area?

It's been Rizzobrist the last couple weeks. And Hamels IMO has rippled through the whole rotation, putting less pressure on them. The bats are tired. And we could really use a reschedule of the Florence Bowl. What if those guys go there and can't leave the DC area?
I would hope they wouldn't even go in the first place. Getting stuck there is an awful thought.

Cubs are simply being outclassed by the Brewers at the moment. I don’t think they can beat them in a series

I think the Cubs are feeling the pressure for sure. Milwaukee is the team to beat right now. I really hate to say that but it is what it is.

Latest posts