Official 2018 Chicago Cubs Thread!

Players are ok with it, at least publicly not much griping. The main cogs...Bryant, Riz, Javy, JHEY... are in there most days, not too many off days for them unless banged up. The ones that are interchangable split at bats more. Keeps all the guys hungry and alert.
Have you heard anything on JH?

Have you heard anything on JH?
He just got put on the 10-day DL on Friday.

He won't be eligible to return until the 10th at the earliest.

Changing gears. It looks like the Brewers pitchers have figured out how to attack our lineup. Get the breaking stuff over early in the count, then get our hitters to chase late. The pitch that Addy whiffed on last night couldn't have been reached will a boat oar. Let's see if Cubs hitters are more aggressive tonight and not falling behind count after count.

I think some of our hitters are pressing.....look for the 1st pitch, strike? Hit that fucker out of the park, yes I'm drunk....

Bote is the GOAT!!! :)

Man, we are really missing Morrow and it sounds like he might not be back at all. Our pen could kill us in the postseason, while they have been very good this year for the most part, we could really use that one more power arm in postseason play.

Our pitchers don't miss enough bats. That's what Darvish and Morrow were acquired for. It puts a lot of pressure on even the best defenses. And everytime a ball is put in play runners can advance, beat out double play attempts, etc. I'll bet the Cub's staff is up there among leaders in giving up sacrifice flies, runners advancing on groundouts, batters fouling off pitches to keep at bats alive because we can't put them away, etc. That will only get magnified in the postseason if it continues.

Game tonight is delayed because of rain. Figures because Lester is pitching tonight. Guy can't get a break.

Any new stadium being built needs to have a retractable roof. The amount of rain delays and cancellations is ridiculous and annoying.

Getting greedy here. My ultimate goal would be to to clinch the division on the White Sox home field while self proclaimed Wrigley Field hater Hawk Harrelson calls his last game.

On a different subject. Is it just me or are we running into everyone's #1 and #2 starters, and beating most of them. It's keeping us from running away with a lot of games. But it's excellent preparation for the postseason, when we would see a lot of #1 and #2 starters.

I agree with you Northside Hawk. We are getting the best pitchers from every team we play. While it seems like it's piling on it's proving we can beat the best pitchers out there and that should help in the post season. Great preparation!

Latest posts